The Official Fifa World Cup thread v14: ENGLAND V SWEDEN Match Edition

Who goes through, England or Sweden?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
France/England is the final the world deserves

If we're talking deserving then it probably would have been some match up on the France half. Not sure any teams on our half would even make it to the semifinals if the teams were more evenly distributed quality-wise.

France/England is the final the world deserves

If I wasn't backing England then I rather have Croatia vs Belgium. Two countries who've never won it and would be worthy winners.

If we're talking deserving then it probably would have been some match up on the France half. Not sure any teams on our half would even make it to the semifinals if the teams were more evenly distributed quality-wise.
Croatia is a quality team. Russia beat one of the best teams in the world.
This is the world cup. Pipe down. The best teams are the ones remaining.

Someone give Debbie Downer here a pint and a blow job, jeez.

@blokeybloke

Cristiano Ronaldo's expected departure from Real Madrid is yet to lead the European champions to Sadio Mane.

Sadio Mane acknowledged Real Madrid as a "great team" while maintaining he has had no contact with the club about a prospective transfer from Liverpool.

Madrid could well be in the market for attacking reinforcements with Cristiano Ronaldo heavily linked with a sensational switch to Juventus, who responded to the rumours on Friday by releasing a statement revealing they are "evaluating several opportunities".

Senegal international Mane and Chelsea star Eden Hazard have been touted as potential targets for the LaLiga giants should Ronaldo depart for Turin.

Mane, however, claims he has held no discussions with the club he scored against in last season's Champions League final.

"These are just rumours. I am not aware of anything and haven't been contacted," he told reporters on a visit to his hometown of Bambali.

"I remain a Liverpool player and I will join my team-mates in the United States for the pre-season tour.

"Real are a great team, but I am focused on my team, Liverpool."

Mane scored once for Senegal at the World Cup in Russia as his nation suffered a group stage exit.

He has spent the past two seasons with Liverpool, netting 33 goals in all competitions.

Mou building the deepest LW roster on the planet. :cool:

There's nothing saying that the best teams make it to the end. Luck of the draw etc play a lot into it and it's a pretty universal opinion that the France half of the eliminations is a lot stronger. That's why neither England nor Belgium wanted to win their game.

That's part of the charm of the WC, that you can get upsets and surprises.

England vs Croatia will be fun game. Croatia would win but you never know. Wouldn't mind seeing England in final. They did invent the game lol

They always seem to blow so hot and cold though, on the night as good as anyone but also put in some very average performances.

Also I do think England will be glad to see the back of Brazil, 0-3 vs them at the world cup and its the only side I think we'd be rather overawed by, beating France of Belgium would perhaps be an upset but not that much of a longshot.

@blokeybloke

Cristiano Ronaldo's expected departure from Real Madrid is yet to lead the European champions to Sadio Mane.

Sadio Mane acknowledged Real Madrid as a "great team" while maintaining he has had no contact with the club about a prospective transfer from Liverpool.

Madrid could well be in the market for attacking reinforcements with Cristiano Ronaldo heavily linked with a sensational switch to Juventus, who responded to the rumours on Friday by releasing a statement revealing they are "evaluating several opportunities".

Senegal international Mane and Chelsea star Eden Hazard have been touted as potential targets for the LaLiga giants should Ronaldo depart for Turin.

Mane, however, claims he has held no discussions with the club he scored against in last season's Champions League final.

"These are just rumours. I am not aware of anything and haven't been contacted," he told reporters on a visit to his hometown of Bambali.

"I remain a Liverpool player and I will join my team-mates in the United States for the pre-season tour.

"Real are a great team, but I am focused on my team, Liverpool."

Mane scored once for Senegal at the World Cup in Russia as his nation suffered a group stage exit.

He has spent the past two seasons with Liverpool, netting 33 goals in all competitions.
He's not good enough for Real. Fan base would fn murder him.

Someone give Debbie Downer here a pint and a blow job, jeez.

I'm just being honest in my opinions. I'm glad Sweden made it to the quarter finals, but that doesn't mean that I think Sweden is actually one of the 8 best teams in the world.

Realistically France / Brazil / Belgium (in no order) have looked top 3 in this tournament. England/Croatia look 4th best. Don’t matter tho

<2>

Congrats England, you were the better team today

who does their RB play for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back