Recent fights/results/news from China

Skinny Jom is back.
DhgiWCcXcAAQQ_7.jpg:large

him and Ghita took a loooooooooooooong layoff,wasted time and it was stupid tbh.

two guys that would be fan favorites and would be fighting 8 times a year winnning good money in china due they interesting knockout fight style.....

That pic could be photoshooooop'd, there was RvR and Petro pics today too and doubt they're there :p Still Ristie at least could be there since he has been talking to Kunlun.

I thoroughly appreciate the apparent troll job by the China forums.

There's been some coincidences as well with RvR and Holzken having just a tiny bit been rumoured for Kunlun. Then Holzken posts his gripes with Glory and RvR pulled out from his fight too :)

Kunlun says Yohann Drai is out of the tournament due to injury.
He's scheduled to fight on ONE next Friday so we'll see if he's actually injured or not :p

Buakaw without a margin of doubt.
Picking Buakaw is one thing but saying Buakaw without a margin of doubt is a bias type of answer because you can argue others being 1st place.

Sittichai is boring.
Irrelevant. Has nothing to do with rankings. In many cases tho its seems to be a common theme in combat sports that fighters who are not that entertaining happened to be some of the best. For example Floyd Mayweather in boxing and GSP is in MMA.

Not sure what's the specific argument is but I know I'm right.
If you're not sure what the argument (debate) is about then how do you know you're right? All of us have our own opinions but none of us know if we're right. For all we know some random guy like Tuniov is the best kickboxer ever.

When talking about Greatest of All Time, things like longevity, entertainment factor, even personality can be taken into account. Being the GOAT doesn't just mean you have the best record...

When talking about Greatest of All Time, things like longevity, entertainment factor, even personality can be taken into account. Being the GOAT doesn't just mean you have the best record...
Longevity yes and entertainment is a plus but shouldn't effect how you rank a fighter unless you're ranking him on how entertaining he is. And I don't give a damn about personality. Most of the fighters I follow don't even speak English.

Longevity yes and entertainment is a plus but shouldn't effect how you rank a fighter unless you're ranking him on how entertaining he is. And I don't give a damn about personality. Most of the fighters I follow don't even speak English.
There is absolutely no criteria for "GOAT". It's a completely subjective endeavor. Every aspect about a career can be judged.

Yeah it's subjective, but my impression is that GOAT usually refers to fighting, not to entertaining. I think Buakaw is the greatest kickboxing fighter of all times btw. I'm refering to career, accomplishments, skill, level of opponents etc.

There is absolutely no criteria for "GOAT". It's a completely subjective endeavor.Every aspect about a career can be judged.
They can I agree. Together and separably but most of the time they are judged by how good they are.

Stop trying to twist shit you slithery bastard before I tape your nuts to a heater

Yeah it's subjective, but my impression is that GOAT usually refers to fighting, not to entertaining. I think Buakaw is the greatest kickboxing fighter of all times btw. I'm refering to career, accomplishments, skill, level of opponents etc.

Some would probably argue that it's Petrosyan or Semmy Schilt on that basis.

2018 Kunlun Fight 70 kg Tournament Final 16
Victor Nagbe (Australia) vs. Dzianis Zuev (Belarus)
Nayanesh Ayman (Congo) vs. Superbon Banchamek (Thailand)
Anatoliy Moiseev (Russia) vs. Davit Kiria (Georgia)
Jordann Pikeur (Netherlands) vs. Jonay Risco (Spain)
Sergii Kuliaba (Ukraine) vs. Nordin Ben Moh (Morocco)
Nicklas Larsen (Denmark) vs. Marouan Toutouh (Netherlands)
Vlad Tuinov (Russia) vs. Cedric Manhoef (Suriname)
Liu Hainan (China) vs. Feng Xingli (China)

Reserve Fights
Artem Pashporin (Russia) vs. Zhu Baotong (China)
Takuya Imamura (Japan) vs. Kong Lingfeng (China)

Should be fun, but can't be what they had in mind when the tournament started though.
No idea what Pikeur is doing in the tournament over Pashporin, that doesn't make any sense.

Shame they didn't get any good surprises in there.

Ya nothing really stands out there. Should be entertaining enough however.

Back