What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the entire reason I ended up starting my steam account was for Hotline 1 lol. I love that series.
And ywah, the soundtrack to 2 is great. Carpenter Brut in particular comes to mind.
Same. I've downloaded maybe 6 games off steam but HLM was it for me. Incredible games.

I downloaded both on PS4 as well just to give the Devs my money. I'd pay 100 bucks for a double release if nothing more than to support the devs.

The map is bigger than Skyrim but if you can get past the shit graphics you're good
LOL, I watched a trailer. Didn't seem too terrible, but that was a trailer. I feel it's going to be more like Fallout 3 graphics.

LOL, I watched a trailer. Didn't seem too terrible, but that was a trailer. I feel it's going to be more like Fallout 3 graphics.
Then you're good. Oblivion is the dogs balls. Morrowind might be shit graphics wise then but it's mandatory gaming if you're an elder scrolls fan

LOL yeah, if it's anything like Skyrim. Although it seems the size of the game when downloading was half of Skyrim.
The towns definitely felt larger. Or more detailed.

This

19589-2-1242344964.jpg

is >>>>>>>

pr0gramm-1335018132679.jpg

The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests are also far better.

You should prob mod the fuck outta Oblivion before you play it. I had problems with it (Randomly generated dungeons became stale quick ... Level scaling is terrible) but then I never played it with mods, which probably help fix everything. I'm sure there are mods to improve the graphics as well

RE5 feels like a slog to play through after 4. Boring. I guess bigger, and more doesnt always mean better.

Beat Bloodborne earlier this week (vanilla) and am currently diving into my Old Hunters DLC. There have been only two bosses so far who've had me contemplating throwing in the towel – Rom, and then Old Hunters' Ludwig.

Damn, Ludwig wrecked me every which way from Sunday but as of a few hours ago, I finally bested him. Hardest one-on-one battle for me so far. I honestly couldn't see a way to achieve stagger and then he has that one hitta quitta back-kick so if you're like me and circle opponents to time certain dart-in, dart-out strikes, ah, hell no, nighty night. I had to rethink my mechanics of combat entirely in putting him out to pasture.

ArtisticMeekBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

cc: @jojoRed, @Teknik

RE5 feels like a slog to play through after 4. Boring. I guess bigger, and more doesnt always mean better.

Did you finish Captain Spirit bro? What you think?

Did you finish Captain Spirit bro? What you think?
I thought it was okay, super short even when you interact with everything, I guess we'll see more of the little kid and his dad in the season 2 of LIS.
I just dont know where theyre going with it though, one of the main reasons LIS was good was because of the strong character writing mixed with the time rewind mechanic. The superpower of the kid isnt gonna be as interesting as the time rewind imo but if the narrative and character writing is as good as LIS, it'll atleast be good.

I wasnt amazed but I wasnt disappointed. You could tell its way more polished than LIS and the engine theyre using is much better optimized.

What about you mate?

Beat Bloodborne earlier this week (vanilla) and am currently diving into my Old Hunters DLC. There have been only two bosses so far who've had me contemplating throwing in the towel – Rom, and then Old Hunters' Ludwig.

Damn, Ludwig wrecked me every which way from Sunday but as of a few hours ago, I finally bested him. Hardest one-on-one battle for me so far. I honestly couldn't see a way to achieve stagger and then he has that one hitta quitta back-kick so if you're like me and circle opponents to time certain dart-in, dart-out strikes, ah, hell no, nighty night. I had to rethink my mechanics of combat entirely in putting him out to pasture.

ArtisticMeekBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

cc: @jojoRed, @Teknik

Ludwig was so damn hard, but Kos made me contemplate some seriously dark thoughts, I loved the Maria fight though, it was like a dance between two master hunters, with only one leaving like you see in the comics and movies etc. Loved Gehrman fight aswell because of that. How did you like the game? And now you can watch the Vaati vids mate.

I thought it was okay, super short even when you interact with everything, I guess we'll see more of the little kid and his dad in the season 2 of LIS.
I just dont know where theyre going with it though, one of the main reasons LIS was good was because of the strong character writing mixed with the time rewind mechanic. The superpower of the kid isnt gonna be as interesting as the time rewind imo but if the narrative and character writing is as good as LIS, it'll atleast be good.

I wasnt amazed but I wasnt disappointed. You could tell its way more polished than LIS and the engine theyre using is much better optimized.

What about you mate?

I liked it, but hopefully in LIS2 everyone's grown up. I think a character like Chris would get irritating over 5 episodes. Although I did get some feels during CS and you can obviously do heavy drama with kids. Personally I think you'll play as someone else who knows Chris, and has a souped up time rewind power because time rewind is so perfect for the genre. I'm already pre-ordered so I'm all in regardless

One thing I was thinking was in terms of production they've come a long way (Before the Storm had better animations too), and I'd pay out the ass for a Life is Strange remaster

I liked it, but hopefully in LIS2 everyone's grown up. I think a character like Chris would get irritating over 5 episodes. Although I did get some feels during CS and you can obviously do heavy drama with kids. Personally I think you'll play as someone else who knows Chris, and has a souped up time rewind power because time rewind is so perfect for the genre. I'm already pre-ordered so I'm all in regardless

One thing I was thinking was in terms of production they've come a long way (Before the Storm had better animations too), and I'd pay out the ass for a Life is Strange remaster
The kid seems like he'd be a smpathetic side character thats adds to a narrative but I dont think he's story is nuanced enough to be played over 5 episodes.
His story mimics something everyone has heard, experienced and know about so thats why its so easy to feel for the kid.

I think LIS is something I only want to play once, just because the core gameplay isnt that great, especially once the rewind mechanic loses its appeal. The narrative and the charactrs being mostly well written is why the game is so captivating, but its more or less a more interactive walking sims and I dont like playing those more than once.

Then you're good. Oblivion is the dogs balls. Morrowind might be shit graphics wise then but it's mandatory gaming if you're an elder scrolls fan
Played it for a little bit last night. Graphics are as expected... Fallout 3 quality, which isn't all that great. But I feel like the playability of the game will make up for it.

Played it for a little bit last night. Graphics are as expected... Fallout 3 quality, which isn't all that great. But I feel like the playability of the game will make up for it.
Fallout 3 looks good on PC. I love it more than new vegas tbh.

Final Fantasy VIII again. Probably will replay Dragon Warrior/Quest series after.

PUBG
MW3 (face off)

Looking for mature squad members that want to win but are also about having fun on PUBG.

It's mostly the two of us and while we're not great at the game, we like to have a good time and think we have a pretty good strategy and understaning of the game.

I'm almost never on my pc to check back in here so if you're interested send me or my duo partner a message.

Xbox GT: The Blur 77

Xbox GT: Bull 65

Ludwig was so damn hard, but Kos made me contemplate some seriously dark thoughts, I loved the Maria fight though, it was like a dance between two master hunters, with only one leaving like you see in the comics and movies etc. Loved Gehrman fight aswell because of that. How did you like the game? And now you can watch the Vaati vids mate.
Will do Vaati after I beat Old Hunters. I haven't found the Astral Clocktower yet to tell Maria what time it is. *roof raised

Will hit you up after.

Will do Vaati after I beat Old Hunters. I haven't found the Astral Clocktower yet to tell Maria what time it is. *roof raised

Will hit you up after.
Cant wait to hear your experiences of BB, enjoy the game. The DLC may be even better than the base game, just take your time. Vaati's vids will make you love the game even more.

Picked up the original "Super Mega Baseball" after hearing all the buzz surrounding the sequel. I never heard a peep about this franchise until like two weeks ago.

It doesn't give off the greatest of first impressions, that's for sure. It just feels like a cheap little arcade baseball game with no depth. I was ready to go back to The Show after two games. Fought that urge, and gave it more of a chance. Glad I did. Once the game clicks, and you really get a handle on the easy to play, tough to master batting/pitching mechanics, it becomes one of the most addictive sports games you'll ever play. Add to that the points it doles out for certain in-game actions, that have a multiplier that gets higher at each of the 99 difficulty settings, and it quickly becomes not just a baseball game where you're merely concerned with winning the game, but a series of mini-challenges within each game that you try to pull off with consistency, to get a better overall score. Getting a higher score, and slowly adjusting the difficulty throughout a season to attain higher scores, becomes incredibly addictive.

Also, unlike The Show, it doesn't take an hour or more to finish one game. It's quick, with no filler. It takes about 20-25 minutes for a 9 inning game, and it always leaves you wanting to play just one more, just to try to beat that high score.

So yeah, this game is amazing and a must for anyone really, not just sports fanatics.

10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back