NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside to Benedict's defection, I don't really get people trying to make the argument that Leafs didn't get a lot better by his addition. I've seen the argument that they added 37 goals but lost 54 goals a number of times already. That has got to be the dumbest possible way of looking at the issue. It wasn't smart when Sweeney signed Beleskey, and it's not smart now. Players are getting promoted because of the loss of JVR, Kadri will outproduce Bozak in his role from last year, and Tavares will outproduce Kadri in turn, causing an overproduction from Marner (likely duo).

I don't buy the ''leafs defence is weak'' argument either. None of them will ever win a Norris. Their offence can win a game 7-6 if push comes to shove. The rest of the time the defence just has to be ''good enough.''

Which hopefully they wont be.

i wouldn't mind seeing sergachev in a sens jersey

pierre from orleans is an excellent scout, but there's more to GM'ing than having an eye for talent. he's overmatched

pierre from orleans is an excellent scout, but there's more to GM'ing than having an eye for talent. he's overmatched

I mean, that Duchene deal could have benefitted from some basic counting. ''why the fuck are we giving up a first round prospect, a first and third round pick for the difference between Matt Duchene and Kyle Turris, which might not even be positive?'' Might have been a decent question to ask. Samuel Girard is a stud, and Kamenev a legitimate prospect, and a 2nd pick is a 2nd pick, but at least Nashville was getting a whole new player.

i was happy with the trade, was sad to lose bowers as he is from my home province but duchene's numbers blew turris' away post-trade. if turris has a successful season in NSH and we lose duchene in free agency, then i will judge the trade as an unqualified failure

i was happy with the trade, was sad to lose bowers as he is from my home province but duchene's numbers blew turris' away post-trade. if turris has a successful season in NSH and we lose duchene in free agency, then i will judge the trade as an unqualified failure

Bowers...and Jack Hughes, possibly. No way that trade was worth it for Ottawa.

Bowers...and Jack Hughes, possibly. No way that trade was worth it for Ottawa.

i feel like the pesky sens of yesteryear will make a return and you could see them contend for that eighth spot in the east <JerryWWF>

was in turku for a week in may, loved it. only had one night in helsinki but i will hopefully be back

Man @SuperNerd , you're braver than me still wandering into the heavies. Mighty Mouse haters tilt me more than the War Room.

While we're shitting on Dorion's head: how the fuck did Benning get Dahlén off him for Burrows?

He’s DIM JIM though!!!! - HF Boards

Was there a scouting change in Vancouver recently? How do you guys go from whiffing so hard on Virtanen to running the table with Boeser, Pettersson, Demko and Gaudette?

Was there a scouting change in Vancouver recently? How do you guys go from whiffing so hard on Virtanen to running the table with Boeser, Pettersson, Demko and Gaudette?
Judd Brackett was promoted to director of amateur scouting in 2015. A year after Virtanen was drafted.

While we're shitting on Dorion's head: how the fuck did Benning get Dahlén off him for Burrows?

i really don't know, at that point we had a glut of talented forwards in our system but why him??!?

Never clued in that players salary tax rate is based on each game and subject to the state / province they play in that game.

I can definitely see why nhlpa would prefer a team in Seattle over Quebec City

Virtanen actually looked like a half decent NHL player at some points last year.

Apparently, he put on like 20 pounds of muscle in his first year because he thought he needed to be huge..but all it did was turn him into a slug. Last year, he looked real fast and was blowing by people. Could he finish? Mostly, no, but if he works on that and stops taking stupid penalities, this could be salvageable.

Never clued in that players salary tax rate is based on each game and subject to the state / province they play in that game.

I can definitely see why nhlpa would prefer a team in Seattle over Quebec City

My first thought of ''no income tax state'' wouldn't be of Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back