Impact mouthguards is racist?

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Received a spam email from them, this is what it said, found it to be a little racist. I can find Indonesia on a map. I dont see the need to bash indonesia, they dont have a reputation for making poor quality equipment like other countries such as pakistan for example. Also Im sure his products are hand crafted here in the USA, they are custom mouthguards, but I can guarantee you the plastic/rubber he is using to make them is most likely made in China. I dunno, this kinda just struck me the wrong way. What do you guys think?

INDONESIA?? No Way!! - Save 20%!!

Eeeew! That glob of plastic in your mouth was made in Indonesia!

Can you even find that place on a world map? I'm not sure I can!

Click Here to check out our new website!

Look - here's the story!

We handcraft all of our perfect fitting mouthguards right here in the USA.

All of our materials are top grade dental quality.

Other guards are machine made in some Indonesian sweatshop. YUCK!

Wow. That advertisement is in pretty poor taste.

In all honesty fuck Indonesia. From the genocide in West Papua (Still going on today), the civil war in East Timor and when the Indonesian military special forces murdered 5 Australian journalists deliberately and then executed a 6th who went to investigate. A country where human rights violations and child labor are a huge issue that the rest of the world ignores?

Sorry if you found the advert racist, but the fact of the matter is Indonesia is a country that doesn't respect human life, international borders or other religions. So yeah fuck Indonesia and their sweatshops.

Sorry if you found the advert racist, but the fact of the matter is Indonesia is a country that doesn't respect human life, international borders or other religions. So yeah fuck Indonesia and their sweatshops.
sounds a lot like USA, China, and any other nation that would manufacture mouth guards.

sounds a lot like USA, China, and any other nation that would manufacture mouth guards.
You're correct China has been murdering the Falun Gong people for years and the world has done nothing.
The USA well everyone knows what they have done in the past 60 years.

In all honesty fuck Indonesia. From the genocide in West Papua (Still going on today), the civil war in East Timor and when the Indonesian military special forces murdered 5 Australian journalists deliberately and then executed a 6th who went to investigate. A country where human rights violations and child labor are a huge issue that the rest of the world ignores?

I dont know anything about indonesias politics and what not, however the add implies that getting something from there is dirty with their "eww" and "yuck" statements. Thailand is one of the largest child sex places on the planet, no one bashes gear made there.

This became a $H!tshow real quick. :D In my personal opinion "Made in USA" is just a marketing gimmick from my experience most last just as long as products made elsewhere.

I dont know anything about indonesias politics and what not, however the add implies that getting something from there is dirty with their "eww" and "yuck" statements. Thailand is one of the largest child sex places on the planet, no one bashes gear made there.

Thailand is mostly Westerners going there for that, the Thai police try to police it but when there is more demand than police resources they have a hard time. I don't see the Thai government as the reason that trade exists, I see the western sex tourists as the reason it exists.

Indonesia's government actively allows and encourages genocide in West Papua. When you've seen videos of Indonesian special forces beating and murdering Papuan women while laughing about it then you'd find it hard to support Indonesia as well.

Thailand is mostly Westerners going there for that, the Thai police try to police it but when there is more demand than police resources they have a hard time. I don't see the Thai government as the reason that trade exists, I see the western sex tourists as the reason it exists.

Indonesia's government actively allows and encourages genocide in West Papua. When you've seen videos of Indonesian special forces beating and murdering Papuan women while laughing about it then you'd find it hard to support Indonesia as well.

thats nuts, i live in the US, so news like that doesnt make it to the Media, instead we get blasted with Trump eating a Burrito or what he "tweeted" recently

thats nuts, i live in the US, so news like that doesnt make it to the Media, instead we get blasted with Trump eating a Burrito or what he "tweeted" recently

Don't think that I'm saying anything harshly towards you or your opinions either. I'm just saying how I feel and it is not directed at anyone specifically.

You're correct China has been murdering the Falun Gong people for years and the world has done nothing.
The USA well everyone knows what they have done in the past 60 years.

yeah but falun gong kills hundreds of thousands of its own people by denying them cancer medication and antibiotics and basic, rudimentary health sciences to the point where they die decades prematurely often ruining families and leaving younger family members destitute

<NoneOfMy>

Speaking of the Falun Gong people, I watched the Shen Yun performance and I really enjoyed. I don't understand why they get so many negative review on Yelps.

yeah but falun gong kills hundreds of thousands of its own people by denying them cancer medication and antibiotics and basic, rudimentary health sciences to the point where they die decades prematurely often ruining families and leaving younger family members destitute

<NoneOfMy>

There is a difference between Murder and stupidity.

Not really for the victims (think about all the children). Death is death. Nowdays we tend to judge two faced. "oppression" by governments gets a lot of attention and people scream about it. Especially in countries where there is not much to scream about like western europe or the US but people keep quiet about private organizations (I include religions into that group) or rant about "oppression" against groups who are much more violent and destructive than the government going against them.

There people tend to be overly broad minded. There is no other way as to fuck ups like Scientology or religious extremists are even allowed in countries like the US and Europe without a huge protest.

People have been shitty to each other for a long time and that hasn't changed.
Using the past as an excuse to be shitty to each other is the recent development.

Not really for the victims (think about all the children). Death is death. Nowdays we tend to judge two faced. "oppression" by governments gets a lot of attention and people scream about it. Especially in countries where there is not much to scream about like western europe or the US but people keep quiet about private organizations (I include religions into that group) or rant about "oppression" against groups who are much more violent and destructive than the government going against them.

There people tend to be overly broad minded. There is no other way as to fuck ups like Scientology or religious extremists are even allowed in countries like the US and Europe without a huge protest.

Yeah it's not so easily defined, Falun Gong members often believe they are making a sacred and noble sacrifice by forsaking all western medicine. It's a badge of honor, a body "purification" philosophy, a spiritual cleansing, a stricter buddhism, a shintoistic communion between Mankind and Nature while your family breadwinners die of treatable medical conditions

Yeah it's not so easily defined, Falun Gong members often believe they are making a sacred and noble sacrifice by forsaking all western medicine. It's a badge of honor, a body "purification" philosophy, a spiritual cleansing, a stricter buddhism, a shintoistic communion between Mankind and Nature while your family breadwinners die of treatable medical conditions

Thanks for clearing things up. I think the biggest misconception today is when we look at how the media in western countries gives attention to government violence and non government violence in countries.

Good example imo is Libya. They had this great "evil" dictator Gaddafi. He had total control over the country and a strict regime. Media wrote day in and out about him and that he had to go while f.e. ignoring that Libya did far better than many other african countries. Up to a point that an alliance with france and the us bombed the shit out of the country and supported "democratic" anti Gaddafi heroes. Gaddafi got killed and the "democrats" showed to be islamic torture rebells who have built a chaotic government based on mass torture. Well now look into the liberal media! No one gives a shit about the country anymore and its far far worse than while with Gaddafi.

Same can be said about Syria. "Evil" Assad has to go because dictator equals evil and weapons are delivered to freedom fighters who have shown to be in many parts brutal islamic extremists. One of the most stable countries in Arabia gets destroyed to fit into a dumb good/evil agenda of western propaganda while Turkey has a laugh and races to take a part of Syria for itself.

Don't think that I'm saying anything harshly towards you or your opinions either. I'm just saying how I feel and it is not directed at anyone specifically.

yeah no worries dude, i know what your saying.

so maybe I should clarify why I thought the ad was racist. They stated "eww" and "Yuck", implying that getting something that was made in Indonesia is dirty. Why is something made in Indonesia dirty? because Indonesians made it? thats what it sounds like they are trying to say. All the goverment politics aside, I dont see why getting something made from Indonesia, in a Indonesia factory, by indonesian people, would be considered dirty. Imagine when his spam email hits a Indonesian person, I would guess they will be pissed off.

Back