Fighters Without Wikipedia Pages

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I thought it would be a nice idea to make a thread for fighters without wikipedia pages.

Who is eligible: must have a minimum of 3 fights in a known promotion

This is similar to the thread in the kickboxing/muay thai sub-forums.

I will start, articles that I have submitted for review:
Anatoly Tokov
Tywan Claxton

Will begin soon:
Akhmed Aliev & maybe Roman Kopylov (after one, or two fights)

You don't have to participate in this of course. It is only if you have some spare time and think that a fighter (outside of the UFC) deserves a wikipedia page.

This thread is just to discuss who you think needs a wikipedia page and who will submit a draft and to help people get information if possible.

Big problem with Wikipedia is that the acceptance of your submissions will heavily depend on who reviews it. There is a lot of luck involved.

Also they want at least 3 fights in a top org. Top org is very subjective. I'm in doubt as to if they would even consider an Russian org as top. Being disinterested outsiders to the sports and all.

Last edited:
don't even get me started on wiki Nazi mods.

Big problem with Wikipedia is that the acceptance of your submissions will heavily depend on who reviews it. There is a lot of luck involved.

Also they want at least 3 fights in a top org. Top org is very subjective. I'm in doubt as to if they would even consider an Russian org as top. Being disinterested outsiders to the sports and all.
Agreed, I tried to make a wiki page for Islam Yashuev (Chechen judoka who won this year's European championships) and some guy said my sources were not legit.. I just used the normal Rus sports profile and some other things. It is annoying

I forgot that I don't have to submitted an article for review; and can just submit it lol. Here is Anatoly Tokov: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoly_Tokov

If you need a page for somebody else... ask. But make sure they have over 10-13 fights and have fought in the UFC for a minimum of 3 times/Bellator and any other big promotions. For ACB/FNG, try and make sure a fighter has A belt, or has at least fought many times including a title shot..

don't even get me started on wiki Nazi mods.

You can get anything past moderation if you photoshop subtle things into images. I put loads of random sometimes inappropriate things on all sorts of Wiki pages for years.

Jesus was holding a bottle of Coca-Cola at his Sermon on the Mount for at least 2 years before that got taken down.

I forgot that I don't have to submitted an article for review; and can just submit it lol. Here is Anatoly Tokov: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoly_Tokov

If you need a page for somebody else... ask. But make sure they have over 10-13 fights and have fought in the UFC for a minimum of 3 times/Bellator and any other big promotions. For ACB/FNG, try and make sure a fighter has A belt, or has at least fought many times including a title shot..

Hey dude, if you wanna add some fighters to the list at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_undefeated_mixed_martial_artists I can help. Here is some fighters: Ali Isayev, Bekzod Abdurakhmonov (both have pages at Wikipedia), Adam Khaliev, Anatoly Malykhin, Milan Zerjal, Armen Gulyan, Shamil Musaev, Magomed Umalatov, Magomed Yunusilau, Magomed Al-Abdullah, Maksim Davydov, Zhora Ayvazyan, Sergey Ananyin, Kamal Magomedov, Movlid Khaybulaev, Timur Khizriev, Aliaskhab Khizriev, Hasan Mezhiev.

Hey dude, if you wanna add some fighters to the list at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_undefeated_mixed_martial_artists I can help. Here is some fighters: Ali Isayev, Bekzod Abdurakhmonov (both have pages at Wikipedia), Adam Khaliev, Anatoly Malykhin, Milan Zerjal, Armen Gulyan, Shamil Musaev, Magomed Umalatov, Magomed Yunusilau, Magomed Al-Abdullah, Maksim Davydov, Zhora Ayvazyan, Sergey Ananyin, Kamal Magomedov, Movlid Khaybulaev, Timur Khizriev, Aliaskhab Khizriev, Hasan Mezhiev.
Cool, I haven't made a wikipedia page in some time; mostly created some for wrestlers who have had some success. Maybe I will make one for Movsar Evloev closer to his fight - like the week of the fight - because it will be his third and he will be eligible after it.

Jose Landi-Jons still doesn't have a Wikipedia page.

Honestly a lot of these guys aren't accomplished enough to have a Wikipedia article written about them. If you include them then you'd have to include every decent regional level fighter from around the world.
Well, Isayev and Abdurakhmonov already has Wikipedia articles, Khaliev was signed by UFC, Khaybulaev is a PFL fighter and Kamal Magomedov is champion of Titan FC. On the list there is guys from Brave CF, FFC, Shooto, AFC, LFA, ONE, ACA, KSW, WWFC and Titan FC - without Wiki pages in English about them. I don't think some guy from KSW/Titan FC deserves place on the list more than someone like Malykhin.

They may not have had multiple fights but I think for the historical context a lot of the competition from the first few UFC bouts should have pages

Back