EA says that Mass Effect: Andromeda was deeply flawed, but still didn't get a fair shake.

what a delusional fucking company

They're arrogant, because they believe the overwhelming majority of gamers are idiots with too much money in their wallets.

And they're right.

40% of EA's annual income is from fucking microtransactions.

The game was not good. I did not like the story, it's inconsistent. The Heleus cluster species are boring and cliched.
I don't see how the gameplay is the best of the series- half the game are platformer jumping and fucking sudoku.
Teammates were ok, not as good as some from original trilogy, but not bad.

The game was not good. I did not like the story, it's inconsistent. The Heleus cluster species are boring and cliched.
I don't see how the gameplay is the best of the series- half the game are platformer jumping and fucking sudoku.
Teammates were ok, not as good as some from original trilogy, but not bad.

There are people that think it was the best of the series??

There are people that think it was the best of the series??
Re-read the thread, many people think that gameplay is good. I think its ok but first time I played it was flawed with bugs- when I fought kett in the open the AI would get stuck and I just picked frozen kett off from a sniper rifle.

Last edited:
EA can FUCK OFF

I hope Anthem will fail too because its a Ben Irving game the same guy who destroyed SWTOR

More excuses. They somewhat blamed it as well on the release block. Stating it had stiff competiton.

Bioware says the franchise isn't dead..

I never finished 3, I got busy and didn’t draw me in enough to make time.

When andromeda was announced I thought it would be a good time to play through the other games again.

They didn’t have backward compatibility for 3 on the one out. Wtf, this I’m sure didn’t help either.

Any new people to the series might have thought, hmm let me play 3 and see if I get into it before I pre-order andromeda.

Nope sorry about your luck, better go out and buy an old 360 also if you want to do that.

The entire trilogy is back compat. Maybe it wasn't available when you tried it.

The entire trilogy is back compat. Maybe it wasn't available when you tried it.
It might be now but it was not then, it was right at the time of the announcement of andromeda, so I started a new play through with ME1 and got all the way through 2(the games seemed a lot shorter on the one, was really weird) anyway put 3 in and. NOPE not backward compatible at the time , really pissed me off.

They should have started at 3 or made damn sure three was before announcing andromeda

Also i don’t remember but on the one, I seem to remember it not allowing character leveling porting over from 1 to 2 like on the 360, I could be remembering that wrong , it seems like that’s the way it was.

If 3 had been backward compatible there is a possibility I might have still gotten andromeda, but it was enough “f this” for me not too, plus the bad reviews.

EA can FUCK OFF

I hope Anthem will fail too because its a Ben Irving game the same guy who destroyed SWTOR
no you're just being salty there's barely any good games coming out and you're hoping a game alot of ppl are looking forward to fails

no you're just being salty there's barely any good games coming out and you're hoping a game alot of ppl are looking forward to fails

there barely any good games because game companies are greedy fuck who only want to milk customers witth a bunch of crappy games. If people stop being fuckin whales who pay for any fuckin microtransaction they will start to make good games again but its not happening anytime soon

Good info, and it backs up your premise.

But I'm not convinced yet.

You know how a huge number of games are bought over Steam and Origin, and a huge number (like a third) are never even downloaded or played?

Those percentages of the sales in which the game is never even played must factor into the percentage of completions.

And, the completion percentages obviously don't incorporate the game being finished on off-line consoles.

I'd say a more believable figure of all the sales the ME trilogy across PC, PS3, and XBox360 the completion percentage is around 80% - for those who actually played it.

I was pretty surprised awhile back when there were some articles saying that the vast majority of games dont get finished by their players.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/08/17/finishing.videogames.snow/index.html

https://kotaku.com/5832450/nine-out-of-10-will-not-finish-the-game-they-are-playing

So, I didn’t like this game at all when it first came out. I played it for about 4 hours and didn’t return to it.
About a month ago, after playing through Mass Effect: Legendary Edition a few times, I decided to play Andromeda again from the beginning.

I loved it. It was a really fun game. I’m not sure why I didn’t like it the first time other than maybe I was more interested in playing GTA V online at that time. I might play through it again. It really is a fantastic game.

This game was criminally underrated. The shit that people were whining about, like facial animations and scant glitches, were entirely insignificant to the overall experience. It also seems to have killed the Andromeda storyline and spooked EA into reviving the story in the Milky Way, which is unfortunate.

I thought it was hilarious Andromeda got roasted for facial animation since Bioware has never been good at that and Horizon: Zero Dawn had worse facial animation and quests yet GOTY. Console exclusive status sure is a hell of a shield.

So, I didn’t like this game at all when it first came out. I played it for about 4 hours and didn’t return to it.
About a month ago, after playing through Mass Effect: Legendary Edition a few times, I decided to play Andromeda again from the beginning.

I loved it. It was a really fun game. I’m not sure why I didn’t like it the first time other than maybe I was more interested in playing GTA V online at that time. I might play through it again. It really is a fantastic game.

You played it when it came out, all buggy and boring.

And you played it after all the updates were out.

In many ways the game was victim of EA execs, and apparently this has spread out across the industry, attitudes of 'Ok, its shit, but lets fix it later rather than delay it.'

And it shit the bed, to the point that they didn't even bother with developed the DLC that was initially announced.

I'm sure the game is good now, just like Dishonored 2, so its pretty tragic they released it in an unfinished state.

I should save a post with blank spaces to fill in the names of games, because this has happened to dozens and dozens of what eventually were awesome games.

Shouldn't keep releasing bug ridden messes and expecting fans to look past it. That's on corporate for shoving games out they know aren't ready.

Agreed. I was just talking to a coworker today about that game. We both agreed that if it was just a game that came out without the mass effect name it would have done much better. Fallout\Skyrim games are riddled with bugs, I literally can't finish fallout 4 right now because of the bugs and yet ME was torn to shred over some small bugs that weren't even close to what Fallout\Skyrim get away with.

It's always been like that though some devs\games series just get a huge pass on shit while other series get torn to shreds over it.
Tbf FO4 was hot garbage. Fans are more willing to overlook flaws when they're blown away by the core game. FO4 was a mess AND all the charm and fun of the earlier games was stripped out. Couldn't finish it, I got so bored after about 20 hours I never wanted to play it again.

I bought that game when It came out with high hopes and played a few hours and said fuck this bs like everyone else. I went back to it a few years later and actually enjoyed it enough to finish it. I'm not saying it was great and it certainly was the worst Mass Effect game by a mile but it was still worth a playthrough

Back