How good was Blake "Blade" Lirette?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know he is retired now but when he was active, how well known was he outside of canada and how good did he do againts other kickboxers?

Here is some of his highlights:

P.S: He was trained by Farid Dordar who I made a thread a while ago on here...

Never ever heard of him

Really!?

I mean the guy fought Raymond Daniels who is well known, here is the fight:

Him fighting for the world title:

Really!?

I mean the guy fought Raymond Daniels who is well known

Never ever heard of him until Glory brought him on board. And he is very overrated, has no chance against an experienced kb.

Never ever heard of him until Glory brought him on board. And he is very overrated, has no chance against an experienced kb.

Oh is he fighting in Glory now? When did he sign?

I agree, he is somewhat overrated but he is still a good fighter and fun to watch. Do you know when his next fight taking place?

Never heard of him. Seems to be a trend in this thread.

I missed this post but I am wondering which Glory did Blake fight at?

I missed this post but I am wondering which Glory did Blake fight at?

Sorry, i should have been more clear. I was talking about Daniels, wanted to say he was just as an unknown as the other guy before he came in Glory. You made it sound like Raymond is some international superstar. And i still believe he is way overrated, we'll see him tonight though, i have a feeling he'll not even win the first fight.

I googled him and looked at some bios and fighter profiles. The name of the sanctioning body for his "world championship" was never mentioned, so Im guessing its not one worth mentioning.

He has a ''dojo" 20 mins from my house where he gives out some sort of kickboxing karate black belts and wears black cut off sleeve gis.

Sorry, i should have been more clear. I was talking about Daniels, wanted to say he was just as an unknown as the other guy before he came in Glory. You made it sound like Raymond is some international superstar. And i still believe he is way overrated, we'll see him tonight though, i have a feeling he'll not even win the first fight.

I thought he was though, the thing is, RD has garnered tons of attention and was very well known in Chuck Norris fight league. While Blake is a guy from my hometown who at the time was the Mike Chang of local kickboxing in terms of spam marketing the shit out of himself which made me curios to know how famous he is outside of Vancouver.

I googled him and looked at some bios and fighter profiles. The name of the sanctioning body for his "world championship" was never mentioned, so Im guessing its not one worth mentioning.

I also checked his profile and he claims to have won world titles in boxing,karate and kickboxing. Now I am not sure about karate or kickboxing but I know damn well he has never won any prominent titles in the boxing world.

He has a ''dojo" 20 mins from my house where he gives out some sort of kickboxing karate black belts and wears black cut off sleeve gis.

Yes he is teaching in West Vancouver which is where I use to be. Its a bit weird since he claimed he was going to go around the world and capture all kinds of kickboxing titles.

From what I have been able to find, he was the WKL World Muay Thai Champion, which isn't a prestigious belt/organization. He claims a KO win over Heath Harris (don't know who that is personally and couldn't find anything on him except him fighting at a Wu Lin Feng event in Las Vegas and a WBC US Muay Thai match) at the K-1 WGP in Las Vegas in 2003, but I have not been able to track down a full bracket of the tournament, so I can't really verify that he was actually in it. He trained at Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket in defense of his WKL title for six weeks in March of 2006, and that's the last I have been able to find past this little write up he made for himself on kickboxing.com: https://kickboxing.com/SocialSite/Lounge/blake-the-blade-lirette

Doesn't seem like a bad fighter, but I struggle to say he would be counted as legitimately world class

Never ever heard of him

Never ever heard of him until Glory brought him on board.

Never heard of him

Yup first I hear of him now.

Never heard of him either.

Never heard of him. Seems to be a trend in this thread.

Never heard of him.

Never heard of him

Back