Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

Don’t kill yourself man. Low bar has made me question all of my decisions in life. But I don’t have much of a choice in the matter. I have long ass legs and a small torso.

Squat with a sweater on or something?
This has become less about the competition and more or less me vs Smolov. A PR is just a bonus at this point.

520 in a grinder so hard my phone showed me others grinding arranged by distance from me

Felt great so kept going up and will have to not do that again. Maybe I need to draw something up instead of more or less winging it

520 in a grinder so hard my phone showed me others grinding arranged by distance from me

Felt great so kept going up and will have to not do that again. Maybe I need to draw something up instead of more or less winging it
Well you’ve got a max to work off of now, join me in the Smolov journey.

Well you’ve got a max to work off of now, join me in the Smolov journey.
Tempting. Maybe base cycle. Trying to lose some fat while I’m at this, I know I know. Also looking at shape up too. Not sure smolov has oil in it for cardio

Tempting. Maybe base cycle. Trying to lose some fat while I’m at this, I know I know. Also looking at shape up too. Not sure smolov has oil in it for cardio
I wouldn’t bother then. It’s too much work to not eat at a caloric surplus and reap the full benefits. My arms are so fucked I can’t even do upper body work, I have to rest all the way to Friday’s max day. It’s all about recovery till then. I haven’t pressed in a week, benched in a month and haven’t diddlies in 6 weeks. I figure it’s ok, not like I’m doing a meet or anything.

This has become less about the competition and more or less me vs Smolov. A PR is just a bonus at this point.

Just stick through it, man. It's not how you start, but how you finish. There should be a huge PR boost at the end of the tunnel waiting for you.

Just stick through it, man. It's not how you start, but how you finish. There should be a huge PR boost at the end of the tunnel waiting for you.
Try telling that to the last guy to show up at a gang bang

Try telling that to the last guy to show up at a gang bang

That is quite possibly the dumbest fucking attempt at a joke I've heard in awhile. What the fuck is your problem? Seriously, all of the posts I read from you reek of sexual frustration. Don't get me involved in one of your polyamorous, cuckhold fantasies. There's nothing more abhorrent to me than sharing a sexual partner with another man.

I bet you're the type of idiot who likes to say, "That's what she said" and then think smugly to yourself that you're a comedic genius. Stop it. What you're doing is embarrassing.

I’m excited to see what weight I hit Friday for max day. Should be better than 545. I’ve been sleeping and eating all week. Going to do some presses today and then max tomorrow on squat.

Pressed 290# despite not doing much upper body work the last 6 weeks. That’s a 5# PR already.

Max day. 600#. Smolov is the truth my friends. Now the switching phase before the intense cycle.

Well, fuck me. You are now the run away favourite! Good job buddy!

Max day. 600#. Smolov is the truth my friends. Now the switching phase before the intense cycle.

Great job, brother. I love those shoes, by the way. I've worn the same color pair of Adipowers 2 for years, but I had to switch to the Romaleos because I have wide feet and my Adipowers were getting torn at the seams.

Great job, brother. I love those shoes, by the way. I've worn the same color pair of Adipowers 2 for years, but I had to switch to the Romaleos because I have wide feet and my Adipowers were getting torn at the seams.
Thanks man. I did hear Romaleos were better for wide feet but these are still in good shape so I’m gonna rock these till they break.

Been using the switching phase to work on my front squat. Hit 405 for a double without much trouble. Hardest part is remembering to brace between each rep because if my legs move and my torso isn’t ready, I dump the weight forward. Also been delving back into Olympic lifts. I started doing cleans and snatches off of blocks and I gotta say, these are my favorite variation of the movements. It eliminates the worst part of the lift, the pull off the floor.

Phlog BW: 256lbs

Squat
Phlog current - 319lbs, goal - 500lbs

Overhead Press
Phlog - current 189lbs, goal - 255lbs

Aim high right? Recently fixed my knees and started squatting heavy for the first time nearly a year. If it all goes well I anticipate very quick development as I never dialed in the movement before having to quit and have deadlifted more. Here's to the knees holding out.

Stalled on press, that'll probably even it out.

Worked some overhead squats today and got up to 205#. Definitely need to work on shoulder stability and technique because I could be doing 3 bills easily with this lift.

Back