Sabas SS bubbling

Yeah Cassanova are pretty good. Nice oversized thumb guard, good thumb position pretty good leather. Only single stitching, as I remember. The lining in my pair seemed kind of rough at first but I got used to it.

Leather better on Boxeo's again but fit and performance better on the Cassanova's as well. Leather quality is great but doesn't really mean much if the gloves are uncomfertable/ unusable.

<mma4> .

Yeah exactly. I'm all about performance. Thanks dude. I haven't been around the gear forums lately mind filling me in on what happened to Juan? Was looking forward to ordering from him. Even had an address in Mex ready to go, to save on shipping.

Yeah exactly. I'm all about performance. Thanks dude. I haven't been around the gear forums lately mind filling me in on what happened to Juan? Was looking forward to ordering from him. Even had an address in Mex ready to go, to save on shipping.

Did you try emailing him?? Maybe he just stopped providing service as us gear heads can be picky assholes.

To be honest I would wait for sale price on Everlast MX training gloves lace up and get those. Write your name on them in Sharpie if you want them customized, and then get back to training !!

<{1-9}> Let's just be honest.

Did you try emailing him?? Maybe he just stopped providing service as us gear heads can be picky assholes.

To be honest I would wait for sale price on Everlast MX training gloves lace up and get those. Write your name on them in Sharpie if you want them customized, and then get back to training !!

<{1-9}> Let's just be honest.
I'm not really looking for customization man, that's why I asked you about the Casanovas. I'm fine with solid colors (red being my favorite) and don't mind mixing brands. When it comes to customization, I'm more into the fact that they measure your hands for proper protection, rather than exotic leathers and logos. I was just wondering about Juan because he handled most Mexican brands not just 2-3.

Nah haven't tried emailing him, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the Info dude!

I'm not really looking for customization man, that's why I asked you about the Casanovas. I'm fine with solid colors (red being my favorite) and don't mind mixing brands. When it comes to customization, I'm more into the fact that they measure your hands for proper protection, rather than exotic leathers and logos. I was just wondering about Juan because he handled most Mexican brands not just 2-3.

Nah haven't tried emailing him, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the Info dude!

No prob. Cheers.

Do the Everlast MX training gloves have relatively dense padding?

I would say they are slightly more dense than Cleto's. For some people the glove didn't fit them well, I've heard. But I have a pair in 14 oz velcro and a pair in 16 oz lace up. The 14 oz velcro are narrower. But both fit me well. Feel better than Cleto's but that's just my opinion. Different size hands and all that come into play.

im thinking about buying a pair of either pro series or prime gloves in custom, are all the people complaining about sabas on here reffering to there stock gloves? or are there custom gloves just as bad?

To be fair my fairtex BVG9s are starting to have the same thing happen not as bad as the TS gloves but still ive only owned them for a few months and its only cosmetic (i hope)

To be fair my fairtex BVG9s are starting to have the same thing happen not as bad as the TS gloves but still ive only owned them for a few months and its only cosmetic (i hope)
I've never seen this happen on Fairtex gloves? Are you doing any form of leather care/cleaning and do you dry your gloves out after use? It seems like the bubbling could be caused by sweat residue or heat (So unless you train in a sauna or store your gloves in the oven I can't see that being a factor)

I've never seen this happen on Fairtex gloves? Are you doing any form of leather care/cleaning and do you dry your gloves out after use? It seems like the bubbling could be caused by sweat residue or heat (So unless you train in a sauna or store your gloves in the oven I can't see that being a factor)
I use glove dogs and rotate my gloves daily between the fairtex and twins. Occasionally i keep the gloves in my gym bag. the bubbling isnt anywhere near as bad as those sabas pictured and Im hping its not going to get worse. The BVG9s seem to dry way faster than my other gloves. My Twins can still feel damp for days even with the glove dogs

I use glove dogs and rotate my gloves daily between the fairtex and twins. Occasionally i keep the gloves in my gym bag. the bubbling isnt anywhere near as bad as those sabas pictured and Im hping its not going to get worse. The BVG9s seem to dry way faster than my other gloves. My Twins can still feel damp for days even with the glove dogs

Yeah I'm not to sure why they would be bubbling, I'd suggest contacting Fairtex directly they have been good to fix any issues in the past for me. But if you can't show them proof your gloves are genuine Fairtex then you could have some issues.

Yeah I'm not to sure why they would be bubbling, I'd suggest contacting Fairtex directly they have been good to fix any issues in the past for me. But if you can't show them proof your gloves are genuine Fairtex then you could have some issues.
I actually just looked at them to take photos and they arent as bad as I thought. Maybe they look far worse after training. Now it just looks like some minor bumps under the leather

Also you've tried reyes gloves as well, how is the fit compared to the fairtex, Im looking at some sweet looking hybrids in Med (14-16oz) and wondering if they fit a little tighter.
I recently got some topkings 14oz for sparring and they are huge looking gloves and even after breaking them in they are bruising my knuckles and i feel like the sheer size of the gloves makes my defense a little sloppy

Last edited:
I actually just looked at them to take photos and they arent as bad as I thought. Maybe they look far worse after training. Now it just looks like some minor bumps under the leather

Also you've tried reyes gloves as well, how is the fit compared to the fairtex, Im looking at some sweet looking hybrids in Med (14-16oz) and wondering if they fit a little tighter.
I recently got some topkings 14oz for sparring and they are huge looking gloves and even after breaking them in they are bruising my knuckles and i feel like the sheer size of the gloves makes my defense a little sloppy

For me personally I've got slender hands with long fingers so the fit for me is pretty much fine in most gloves with wraps on, Cletos if anything had a larger compartment than Fairtex, but its subjective to the person I suppose.

One thing I will say about Casanova gloves is that they are tanks in terms of durability. Not always the prettiest gloves, but they are definitely made to last!

16oz Sabas Supersoft Black and gold. Used for roughly 6 months.
I noticed a tiny, almost imperceptible bubble on the left glove when I received them... The bubbling now is extremely noticeable and unsightly, on BOTH gloves.

Having said that, the only other bad thing I noticed is that they don't have the best wrist support. Stitching, leather, padding, everything else is still holding up nicely.

I think the word is pretty much out now that current Sabas gloves are being made in Pakistan.

My fellows have been using Sabas for almost two years but they said nothing happened to their pairs.

I think it is gatcha. Also, I believe there are reasons for what happened to the users

Being cheap is not competitive.

Took a chance last week on a new pair of 16 oz stock Velcro Super Softs - (hopefully) improved version with leather piping instead of vinyl.
Leather is nice, clean stitching, and they have a label stating “HECHO EN MEXICO”.
Padding is a bit softer than the older vinyl piping Pro Series but denser than the older SS’s. (compared to Pro Series and SS’s in the shop. Unfortunately no new Pro Series for comparison.)
They appear to be good quality but this is my first pair of Sabas. I have gloves made in Thailand and a pair made in Pakistan - like them both. The Sabas leather feels similar to the Thai gloves with the Pakistan gloves feeling thinner but I can’t say which is the better leather.
Hoping they hold up and no bubbling issues. Just in case, I have some Topboxer gloves on order as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    969.6 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    734.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    809.5 KB · Views: 85
There's a difference between the creases and the bubbles.
The creases are the bag liner.
The bubbles are more likely to be foam particles like GFG pointed out.
The bubbling thing happens to Ringside IMF gloves as well, fwiw.
In fact, I think the Ringside IMF bubbling is much more pronounced than even the pics on this thread.
I've got a bunch of pairs of Sabas (5 SS, 2 pro, 2 prime).
None of my primes or pros have the creases or the bubbles, only the SS.
Of the SS, hard to tell if any actually have true bubbling - nothing like my old IMF gloves.
Most only have a few creases between striking surface and fingertips.
Performance hasn't been affected in the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back