Report: It appears that Lennox Lewis and Vitali Klitschko will have an exhibition fight in September

Sounds like it'll be fun. I think I'd lean towards Lennox again

Hope no one gets hurt.

Shannon briggs should fly into he ring mid fight via giant fan.

I'll take Vitali, only because I believe Lennox will let him get the better of him in this "rematch" given their history from the first fight. Lennox became friends with the K-bros a long time ago. That's what I see happening, rather, how it'll end.

Always knew we'd get the rematch! Exhibiting patience has finally paid off.

This has to be fake news, all of the links to UK based outlets, are plain fucking gossip rags, i cant vouch for the other, but i seriously doubt this is actual proper news

Lennox puts Vitaly to sleep in a warm up for Bomb Squad and AJ.
giphy.gif

Vitali would end Lennox's life at this point. Lewis is 52 and hasn't fought in 15 years. Vitali is 46 and was WBC champion 6 years ago.

Vitali TKO6

Lewis hasn't looked in any kind of shape for years.
Exhibition = bullshit.

What is an exhibition... I think Klitschko by late tko

What is an exhibition... I think Klitschko by late tko

It's just an unsanctioned, unofficial match. Because of that, the format is pretty much up to the participants. Usually the guys aren't trying to kill each other like they would in an official fight. Ends up being a bit more like public sparring a lot of the time. Tyson did an exhibition against some football player a long time ago. Footballer wore headgear, Tyson didn't. I think they both wore larger gloves.

They used to be more common. Joe Louis used to do a lot of exhibitions, iirc.

It's just an unsanctioned, unofficial match. Because of that, the format is pretty much up to the participants. Usually the guys aren't trying to kill each other like they would in an official fight. Ends up being a bit more like public sparring a lot of the time. Tyson did an exhibition against some football player a long time ago. Footballer wore headgear, Tyson didn't. I think they both wore larger gloves.

a lot of older fighters did it.

SRR, Lamotta, Basilio, Pep, etc

Interesting, I can't think that one would make much money from an exhibition though. It is better for both of them, no need to take too heavy shots right now.

a lot of older fighters did it.

SRR, Lamotta, Basilio, Pep, etc

For some reason I seem to think that Louis competed in more - enough that I’d remark it - but that could well be bad recollection.

Back