Bellator HW GP Semis continue in October...

The Hands Team

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Do we have any actual dates yet? What is the hold up? UFC has announced the remainder of 2018 already!

The big problem with Bellator is that things move at the pace of a turtle.

They should've held all of the quarterfinals in February / March, the semifinals in July / August, and the finals in December.

PRIDE used to get this shit right every year.

Thought i saw an interviw with scott saying they are announcing dates at the DAZN press conference this week

For fucks sake Cocker, get your shit together.

Well now that UFC announced their 2nd half of year schedule, Bellator can build around it.

This thing has gone on way too long already. Next time you do a tourney Coker, put the opening round on one night you bozo

Considering the first round/minute finishes thus far... This tournament could be over with already...

I'm sure Coker's been busy with DAZN.

And you can't really set up your marquee fights without having the broadcast situation nailed down.

Now that that's settled, they should be free to get that set up.

You could tell it would advance with similar pace to Strikeforce's HWGP. For some reason out of the bigger promotions only PRIDE/DREAM/RIZIN can do these things properly.

This is what i complained about from the start after getting bored with strikeforces tournament.

It isnt a tournament. Its a plannogram of which heavyweights certain heavyweights will be facing. Like...a typical roster.

The joy of a tournament is seeing them fight in short periods of time to test endurance. Thats why its a tournament and not a championship. They gotta make up their minds.

Would have had far more excitement surrounding the whole thing if they actually had all the rounds of the tournament take place on the same night, first round maybe over 2 cards. Hopefully the Fedor v Sonnen fight is scheduled close to this one.

dragging the tournament out took any excitement/buzz away from it.

They'll probably fuck up the WW GP as well. Because they are desperate for ratings instead of putting them on same card and making it an event they wanted to spread all 7 fights out on 7 cards. Except that didnt really work cause these fights havent brought in the ratings. Spreading it out made it feel like reg fights and not a special GP.

Yeah it is pretty ridiculous, I would’ve expected at least a date and location by now. I guess negotiations have been difficult between Bellator and the fighters they are targeting to have fight that night

like I said from day 1, 0% chance this tournament finishes in 2018.

I guess Fedor wont be fighting Sonnen until November/ December??? Thats honestly fucking pathetic. How can you stretch out a GP for 2 years??? Scott Cocker really looking bad here.

I guess Fedor wont be fighting Sonnen until November/ December??? Thats honestly fucking pathetic. How can you stretch out a GP for 2 years??? Scott Cocker really looking bad here.

Nope

Back