Masvidal is the most overrated and overranked active fighter on the roster

VVarhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, I have to get this off my chest.
Has anyone looked at this guy's record lately?

This dude's only wins in the last 3 years are Ross Pearson, Jake Ellenberger, Cerrone and Cezar Ferreira. He hasn't fought in almost a year and people still pretend he's some kind of KO artist even though he has 11 decisions in 15 UFC fights.

Still, he's ranked #9 at Welterweight, even above guys like Ponzinibbio who is on a 6-fight winning streak in the UFC, or Leon Edwards, who is also on a 6-fight winning streak and also shares the best win of Masvidal (Cerrone).

Does this guy have any fans on sherdog? Why does UFC have such a hard-on for him? Are split-decision fetishists such a big fanbase? I don't get it.

He's cool because he always coasts regardless of whether the fight is close or not, leading to some avoidable losses.

That's why his fans always argue that he would beat every single fighter to ever live in a 5 round fight.

The guy has many fans on Sherdog, but that doesn't mean he is "overrated". I mean it's not like people are campaigning for him to get a TS or anything.

Regarding ranking, he is where he is primarily because of his win over Cerrone who was ranked high at the time, so that's justified. If he doesn't win his next fight he'll go down, that's just the way it is. I don't see how it is a big deal.

Last edited:
The guy has many fans on Sherdog, but that doesn't mean like he is "overrated". I mean it's not like people are campaigning for him to get a TS or anything.

Regarding ranking, he is where he is primarily because of his win over Cerrone who was ranked high at the time, so that's justified. If he doesn't win his next fight he'll go down, that's just the way it is. I don't see how it is a big deal.

Thank you for spelling out the obvious for TS. Did this thread really need to be made?

This Guy always hates on Masvidal, like Jorge fucked his mom or something lmao.

Masvidal is a good and fun underrated fighter with most of his losses being split decisions (And some blatant robberies like his loss against Iaquinta)

Now he has had a split decision loss against former middleweight And title challenger Maia And a loss against a 2 time title challenger in Wonderboy in a weightclass he’s too small for and all of the sudden he’s an awful fighter?

Stop letting the hate blind you.

He's a weird case of a badass street fighter that, once in the octagon, turned into a point fighter with questionable fight IQ.

Not until Elias Theordorou is gone.

I really don't think he has enough fans to qualify as over-rated.

How dare you....

Also, TS sounds racist....What's next? Are we going to hate on Woodley?

Please guys you should be a bit more careful before calling a UFC fighter ''Overrated'' because you actually sound like idiots,like the starter of this thread...Other than that Jorge Masvidal is one of the very skilled WW s out there...

fun to watch?

He has 1 FOTN Bonus (that he got mainly because of Rustam Khabilov) and 2 POTN in 15 bouts.
Most of his split-decision victories or losses and his unanimous decisions are shit and full of coasting.

Last edited:
dude was 9-0 going into the Benson fight if you actually watched the fights. Khabilov 'loss' was worse than Iaquinta decision imo.

He has 1 FOTN Bonus (that he got because Rustam Khabilov dominated his ass so badly) and 2 POTN in 15 bouts.
Most of his split-decision victories or losses and his unanimous decisions are shit and full of coasting.

one kick by rustam. watch the fight.

Please guys you should be a bit more careful before calling a UFC fighter ''Overrated'' because you actually sound like idiots,like the starter of this thread...Other than that Jorge Masvidal is one of the very skilled WW s out there...

You present no arguments whatsoever, I stated mine clearly in the opening post.
Who sounds like an idiot? The guy who argues like a toddler (lolol you're an idiot) or the guy who shares his opinion together with valid arguments?

I'm open for any discussion, I don't insult people just because they disagree with me on something as futile as an MMA-fighter, so please, share your arcane knowledge and give me some arguments as to why I'm mistaken about Masvidal.

Because he is super skilled and fun to watch?

What fights of his are especially fun to watch? I seriously don't get this. The most entertainment I've ever gotten from masvidal is when Imada put him out with that inverted triangle but that was like a decade or more ago. The guy doesn't have an exciting style at all and coasts through most fights with no urgency at all. The fascination with him is more confounding than any other fighter imo.

Back