THE SHERDOGGING FIGHTER THREAD. @AJ Garcia's Life And Times As A Pro Fighter (2-2) *Interview in OP

Buff

#FreeLeeMurray Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
HE BACK!!!!

THIS THREAD WILL BE UPDATED AS AND WHEN NEWS OF @AJ Garcia 's LATEST FIGHT BECOMES APPARENT!

QfiAgUB.gif

FIght6.jpg

So after an extremely turbulent camp for his previous fight, culminating in a cancelled fight due to his opponent's unprofessionalism, our boy @AJ Garcia has another fight booked... Another Main event, another chance to for us Sherdoggers to live vicariously through one of us jumping in the Octagon.

080d70da-4421-44ac-8041-6fa39919a9d0-jpeg.416387

Previous thread:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/n...turday-in-utah-updated-with-ppv-info.3775227/

received_1563309617327884.jpeg

received_1563309627327883.jpeg

He is 1-2 in his MMA career, having gone 7-3 as an amateur. He won his debut back in April very convincingly, and a great showing in his second fight against a much more experienced grappler, and his 3rd fight was against a natural LHW with 20 years catch wrestling experience... This time his opponent is his own size, and his camp has been way stronger - our boy has got this.

Our boy in action:

And interview with AJ:

has been a bumpy road to say the least for Steel Fist fighter and Utah native, AJ Garcia. 7-3 as an amateur, the local fan favorite had to over come a drug addiction before realizing he could accomplish what he always wanted to do, fight.

“I was an athlete in high school. Football, baseball and track. Out of high school I just got caught up.”

The addiction started with pills and developed from there. Once clean, he visited a couple of gyms and found a home at The Garage MMA in Layton Utah, Coached by Dave Castillo and Anthony Lobato.

“I’ve always been a fan, I saw a UFC PPV when I was younger Tito Ortiz ️vs Ken Shamrock and fell in love. I come from a family of fighters so it’s in my blood. I always wanted to train and fight, it was more of a bucket list thing, but once I took that first fight I knew I wanted to keep going.”

Garcia is Motivated by his 5-year-old son Jaden who he credits for motivating him to get clean and stay clean. Also driving him is his desire to be a better person and fighter.

“People say you should be proud of how far you have come. I have but I still want more, nothing’s good enough.”

AJ has held off on going pro, wanting more experience. After his next fight he plans on turning pro.

“Some people go pro to soon, and then you get a loss on your record. Looking back at my 3rd or 4th fight to now, I have come such a long way.”

With experience in several weight divisions 145 pounds seems to be the best fit for him. Looking at his division he wants a match up with the current 145 champ Randy Burton. Beyond that? The sky’s the limit. If/when he does make it to the main stage, Conor Mcgregor and Anthony Pettis would be his ultimate match up inside the cage.

Lets all wish him luck... I'll keep updating the OP with how to watch the PPV... And I'm. sure @AJ Garcia will keep us updated here too.

Good luck sherbro.

<StillMyBoy>

CHECK OUT THIS NEW INTERVIEW WITH AJ:

Last edited:
Can we have a huge @TeTe print on the canvas?

So many options... Uber TS, Shadface, the Just Bleed Guy... And thousands of others!

Edit: Thanks to whoever stickied this!

Good luck bud!!! Sherdog members have your back. Make us proud and bring one home for the good guys...

That's actually a really good point... Maybe @Tachycardia @Lethal @jei @Peteyandjia might be interested in having a sherdog slogan on show for this one... You could smear "Sherdog" over his ass for the right price.

Would be cool as shit if it was possible.
I stickied the thread, but Sherdog isn't getting in the business of promoting fighters. We'd lose all impartiality, since it is a news site.

I stickied the thread, but Sherdog isn't getting in the business of promoting fighters. We'd lose all impartiality, since it is a news site.
That makes sense... Would have been awesome though.

@AJ Garcia what's it gonna cost to get a Shadface over your junk? Sherdog ain't playing, so let's steal a meme as a back up.

@AJ Garcia what's it gonna cost to get a Shadface over your junk? Sherdog ain't playing, so let's steal a meme as a back up.
Are we putting a shadface on aj’s crotch? Where do i sign up

Damn i was ready to cover my back with a fake SHERDOG.COM tattoo haha

Back