Masvidal is the most overrated and overranked active fighter on the roster

Seriously, I have to get this off my chest.
Has anyone looked at this guy's record lately?

This dude's only wins in the last 3 years are Ross Pearson, Jake Ellenberger, Cerrone and Cezar Ferreira. He hasn't fought in almost a year and people still pretend he's some kind of KO artist even though he has 11 decisions in 15 UFC fights.

Still, he's ranked #9 at Welterweight, even above guys like Ponzinibbio who is on a 6-fight winning streak in the UFC, or Leon Edwards, who is also on a 6-fight winning streak and also shares the best win of Masvidal (Cerrone).

Does this guy have any fans on sherdog? Why does UFC have such a hard-on for him? Are split-decision fetishists such a big fanbase? I don't get it.

You don’t like Maz? That’s a personal problem and I feel for you.

He’s a scrapper and a 155 lb guy who eats double cheeses and goes out brawling. He’s ranked high because of his outings against Wonderboy( fought a lot more than Till) and Maia. He’s earned his spot and a right to fight it out

Lol Masvidal is overrated?

I cant take that seriously when the majority of spergs on this forum think Lando is something special because he knocked a guy down once.

Holy shit that guy is ranked?
fucking LOL, wtf?
Where ever the fuck he’s ranked it’s too high. He somehow makes MMA have all the excitement of a backyard badminton match between two old women.

Holy shit that guy is ranked?
fucking LOL, wtf?
Elias is 7-2 on a 2 fight win streak in 4 years in the UFC and barely top 15.
Jorge is 7-5 on a 2 fight losing streak in the same time span and ranked 9th.
Elias is more deserving at this point.

You present no arguments whatsoever, I stated mine clearly in the opening post.
Who sounds like an idiot? The guy who argues like a toddler (lolol you're an idiot) or the guy who shares his opinion together with valid arguments?

I'm open for any discussion, I don't insult people just because they disagree with me on something as futile as an MMA-fighter, so please, share your arcane knowledge and give me some arguments as to why I'm mistaken about Masvidal.

No, you used fight finder to form an argument against him.

What fights of his are especially fun to watch? I seriously don't get this. The most entertainment I've ever gotten from masvidal is when Imada put him out with that inverted triangle but that was like a decade or more ago. The guy doesn't have an exciting style at all and coasts through most fights with no urgency at all. The fascination with him is more confounding than any other fighter imo.

Not all of us are just bleeders. He has great technique and is very good in all positions.

Not all of us are just bleeders. He has great technique and is very good in all positions.
I'll grant you that. but he doesn't fight up to his own skill level and thats why he's never truly broken through to the upper echelon.

Not until Elias Theordorou is gone.
For real he's fucking dork. Never hear shit about his boring fights but he's all over twitter commenting on everything that happens in MMA.

dude was 9-0 going into the Benson fight if you actually watched the fights. Khabilov 'loss' was worse than Iaquinta decision imo.

Get out of here. He clearly lost to Khabilov. And he clearly let laquinta run away with the decision.

Masvidal's nickname is the coaster for a reason.

This is a weird op.Dont know how you can hate or call a guy like Masvidal overrated
This guy is a clean fighter who comes to fight ,beats people he's supposed to beat and generally loses to the elite .I generally enjoy his fights.

Lol- watch Bisping fight dolloway ,Leites and 73 year old Hendo......thats the PURE definition of " overrated "

Used to be a fan but now i don't like him.

People always bring up his street fights like it means something. He can KO street people but have trouble winning against top level fighters in the cage. Yeah he beat Cerrone but that really doesn't mean too much since Cerrone is almost out the door. Plus he looks and acts embarrassing... I mean...

UFCFightNightCollection_JorgeMasvidal2.jpg

<36>

Seriously, I have to get this off my chest.
Has anyone looked at this guy's record lately?

This dude's only wins in the last 3 years are Ross Pearson, Jake Ellenberger, Cerrone and Cezar Ferreira. He hasn't fought in almost a year and people still pretend he's some kind of KO artist even though he has 11 decisions in 15 UFC fights.

Still, he's ranked #9 at Welterweight, even above guys like Ponzinibbio who is on a 6-fight winning streak in the UFC, or Leon Edwards, who is also on a 6-fight winning streak and also shares the best win of Masvidal (Cerrone).

Does this guy have any fans on sherdog? Why does UFC have such a hard-on for him? Are split-decision fetishists such a big fanbase? I don't get it.

His ranking is fine imo. He's one of the toughest hardest fights for anyone on the roster. He's well rounded, impossible to KO, hard to submit. His wrestling is good, his boxing is excellent.

And I'm not even a fan

I'm a big Mas fan. He's had some boring fights as of late so it's kind of hard to defend him but I will say this...His last two fights were against guys notorious for producing boring fights. You can't put it all on him.

I'm a big fan of Mas but can agree that some of his fights have underwhelmed. But that doesn't take away from the fact that I feel he is a very skilled and experienced fighter that has fought nothing but top guys for a while now. Might not win them all but I always feel he's a solid fight away from beating a lot of the top guys out there.

I'm a big Mas fan. He's had some boring fights as of late so it's kind of hard to defend him but I will say this...His last two fights were against guys notorious for producing boring fights. You can't put it all on him.

I enjoyed his fight against Maia. Maia had to get really creative in order to get masvidal down.

I enjoyed his fight against Maia. Maia had to get really creative in order to get masvidal down.
Maia called Masvidal, "the best jiu Jitsu fighter," he ever faced. I enjoyed the fight too but it wasn't most people's cup of tea but like I said that was more Maia's doing.

Back