MUST own PS4 games?

OP mentions being a PC gamer and asks about local (couch) co-op/multi on the ps4.

fallout 4 gets mentioned like 20 times.

*facepalm*

If it’s not clear enough I clicked and read the thread seeing if there was some compelling evidence that I might should buy one of the deals i see locally on ps4’s(they are everywhere here pretty cheap)

I’m not sure what games were listed that are ps exclusive and most of the ones I see listed repeatedly as good games I know are not since I own quite a few of them for Xbox

Not having a PS I don’t know what’s the exclusive games mentioned in this thread, I see most games mentioned are not exclusive , so reading this thread to see what everyone hyped about only on ps4 has been a fail.

It's true. Most people's recommendations are already on PC that look and play better than any console versions. The only exclusuve that seems interesting is Yakuza.

Metal Gear 5, RE7, GTA 5, Doom, Skyrim, Fallout, Overwatch, etc.. (all cross platform games) all run so much better on PC. Even if you take out the superior graphics of the conversion, just the load times alone on ps4 are so painful.

I'm really just looking for exclusives or coop games that i cant get on pc.

It's true. Most people's recommendations are already on PC that look and play better than any console versions. The only exclusuve that seems interesting is Yakuza.

Metal Gear 5, RE7, GTA 5, Doom, Skyrim, Fallout, Overwatch, etc.. (all cross platform games) all run so much better on PC. Even if you take out the superior graphics of the conversion, just the load times alone on ps4 are so painful.

I'm really just looking for exclusives or coop games that i cant get on pc.
Exactly , give me a reason to buy a ps4, or I’ll play them on my Xbox or download for my pc

Once again you're using an over simplistic way of describing Dark Souls. I just broke down for you just how much thought goes out to picking a weapon in the game. I seriously doubt Ninja Gaiden has that much layers behind picking a weapon if you're even able to. You saying Dark Souls combat that simple as dodging and rolling can be used to describe any action game where you able to attack and Dodge like Zelda BOTW. Someone with high poise heavy armor and an ultra great sword isnt going to play the same as someone using a Faith rapier build with a darkwood grain ring. Using your logic Rust and Minecraft are pretty much the exact same game.

Have you even played ninja gaiden?
http://m.ign.com/wikis/ninja-gaiden-black/Weapons

Fuck tons of weapons, different skills and upgrades, and insane amount of customizable combos. What you explained is the basics of any action rpg. Your head would explode if you saw the complexities of ESO Pvp builds.
Rust does borrow a lot of Minecrafts formula. I actually call rust minecraft for fucked up adults

Exactly , give me a reason to buy a ps4, or I’ll play them on my Xbox or download for my pc
Lol, can't you play every Xbox exclusive on a PC?

Seems redundant, no?

As a longtime XBOX player, I have to admit that In 2013 I bought a brand new Playstation 3 just to play The Last of Us.

It was worth every dime.

You already own that so I would say Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection and while I havent played it, I heard MLB The Show baseball games are really good.

PS4 has better exclusives than Xbox, but most games are on all platforms anyway.
Although I do prefer the Xbox controller over the Playstation.

Have you even played ninja gaiden?
http://m.ign.com/wikis/ninja-gaiden-black/Weapons

Fuck tons of weapons, different skills and upgrades, and insane amount of customizable combos. What you explained is the basics of any action rpg. Your head would explode if you saw the complexities of ESO Pvp builds.
Rust does borrow a lot of Minecrafts formula. I actually call rust minecraft for fucked up adults
Although I do prefer the Xbox controller over the Playstation.[/QUOTE]
I never played Ninja Gaiden but for the sake of trying to compare it to Dark Souls since you have a hard time seeing the two any different. Do the weapons in NG fall into certain classes where other weapons of a similar archetypes fall that also fall into a subcategory of type of damage delt and amount damage done to an enemys poise before staggering them? Do these weapons have a specific weight to them that you have to consider before using or require you to put points into a certain stat? Are you able to chose which hand you put a weapon in while holding another in your off hand or shield? Do certain weapons have different critical attack modifiers to them when performing a back stab or riposte if you are able to do those? Do certain weapons require a specific type of upgrading material to upgrade it? Are certain weapons able to be buffed temporarily or permanently or come with its own built in effect?

If NG has all that then i can see how you find it hard to see them as different. Also never played ESO but i find it hard to believe anything ES is complex. Especially at a Dark Souls PvP level.

Bloodborne.

I don't care if it has been suggested already. Top 10 games of all time.

Although I do prefer the Xbox controller over the Playstation.
I never played Ninja Gaiden but for the sake of trying to compare it to Dark Souls since you have a hard time seeing the two any different. Do the weapons in NG fall into certain classes where other weapons of a similar archetypes fall that also fall into a subcategory of type of damage delt and amount damage done to an enemys poise before staggering them? Do these weapons have a specific weight to them that you have to consider before using or require you to put points into a certain stat? Are you able to chose which hand you put a weapon in while holding another in your off hand or shield? Do certain weapons have different critical attack modifiers to them when performing a back stab or riposte if you are able to do those? Do certain weapons require a specific type of upgrading material to upgrade it? Are certain weapons able to be buffed temporarily or permanently or come with its own built in effect?

If NG has all that then i can see how you find it hard to see them as different. Also never played ESO but i find it hard to believe anything ES is complex. Especially at a Dark Souls PvP level.[/QUOTE]

You're keep assuming things about games you've never played..
It's easily the most complex system with more unique customizations and builds than any other game you could imagine. Anyone that's played it in depth knows how insane the PvP is on it. PC or Console.
Honestly, its going to take too much time to even explain the complexities of ESO, I'll just leave a few of these screenshots:

Stam-DK-Solo-Setup.jpg

dgh479.jpg

PS4 has better exclusives than Xbox.
If you like QTE, "narrative driven games (i.e. press a button for the game to advance)", japanese anime games that use the same engine and look like shit, or movies that you play for 10h and forget after, maybe they have the better exclusives lol

Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn are the only ones worth a damn.

Also, Yakuza is not exclusive.

Horizon Zero Dawn is a must buy IMO.

You're keep assuming things about games you've never played..
It's easily the most complex system with more unique customizations and builds than any other game you could imagine. Anyone that's played it in depth knows how insane the PvP is on it. PC or Console.
Honestly, its going to take too much time to even explain the complexities of ESO, I'll just leave a few of these screenshots:

Stam-DK-Solo-Setup.jpg

dgh479.jpg
Well I can only assume on games i never played. Ive played other ES games so i can get an idea of how it works in your Screenshots. Everything in those screen shots seem pretty self explanatory. If anything it just shows me how non complex it looks. Physical damage doesn't seem to have any subtypes of damage such as striking slashing or thrusr like DS. Does armor only have one type of defense? In Dark Souls a single piece of armor has damage reduction for all three subtypes of physical damage and all type types of elemental and magic damage along with status resistances against things like curse bleed or poise without the need to enchant. Does magic damage just fall into one category of damage as well? I know ES usually has three types of destruction but if each one has the same damage valve do they all do the same damage to someone without having a specific enchantment to reduce that specific type of damage or does a piece of armor have a specific natural damage reduction against each type of magic attack? Also doesnt look like weapons require investment into a specific stat to be able to wield or have weight.

Im not saying ESO isnt complex in its own way as im sure their is a lot more you can get into but just it isnt as complex as you think and that DS combat is more than just rolling and attacking and that its far different from a game like Ninja Gaiden that you said you have a hard time seeing it any different from which judging by you not responding to my asking if NG had those similarities as DS you've seen it really isnt.

Well I can only assume on games i never played. Ive played other ES games so i can get an idea of how it works in your Screenshots. Everything in those screen shots seem pretty self explanatory. If anything it just shows me how non complex it looks. Physical damage doesn't seem to have any subtypes of damage such as striking slashing or thrusr like DS. Does armor only have one type of defense? In Dark Souls a single piece of armor has damage reduction for all three subtypes of physical damage and all type types of elemental and magic damage along with status resistances against things like curse bleed or poise without the need to enchant. Does magic damage just fall into one category of damage as well? I know ES usually has three types of destruction but if each one has the same damage valve do they all do the same damage to someone without having a specific enchantment to reduce that specific type of damage or does a piece of armor have a specific natural damage reduction against each type of magic attack? Also doesnt look like weapons require investment into a specific stat to be able to wield or have weight.

Im not saying ESO isnt complex in its own way as im sure their is a lot more you can get into but just it isnt as complex as you think and that DS combat is more than just rolling and attacking and that its far different from a game like Ninja Gaiden that you said you have a hard time seeing it any different from which judging by you not responding to my asking if NG had those similarities as DS you've seen it really isnt.

Everything you asked is more complex in ESO than you've even described.
I've been playing the game since launch, and there's shit I learn everyday about the layers and mechanics of the game.
I really don't want to type up all the details of it, because it would take too long and at the end of the day it's whatever you're into.

You really shouldn't be arguing any of this if you have no knowledge of the subject matter. ESO is NOT a classic Elder Scrolls game. Anyone that has played both knows this. It's an MMO with ES skins and lore. That's it.
You can't assume "it isn't as complex as you think" if you've never even spent a minute playing it.
I have put in a few hours into Dark Souls to know the basic mechanics and gameplay to have formulated an opinion rather than just talking out of my ass and assuming shit.

Last edited:
I don’t think the combat system in SoulsBorne games are all that deep from a basic mechanic standpoint.

But they are really fucking good.

Complexity =/= quality

I don’t think the combat system in SoulsBorne games are all that deep from a basic mechanic standpoint.

But they are really fucking good.

Complexity =/= quality

Agreed. Just because something is complex doesn't make it good.
ESO isn't for everyone and I know that based on trying to get a few friends into it.
The guy is trying to argue the complexities of DS but it's all basic stuff that's in most all ARPGs and only a fraction of what MMORPGs do.
The only massive difference I see is the weight behind the weapons and gear. If its heavy, it feels fucking heavy.

ESO will come to Xbox Game Pass, and since I'm thinking about signing it because of Forza Horizon 4 I might give it a try. Seems cool.

Back