Early UFC 226 pay-per-view estimates are under 400,000 buys

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
did anyone expect more than that? Dana White has been running the UFC into the ground after his daddy left.

I blame match-making, advertisement, and ducking for ufc's decline.

I said it wouldn't do more than 400k PPV views and I was right. That being said even 400k PPVs is too much which fool is paying for these?

I was all for paying for this card until the Holloway fight was scrapped. It’s sad to see how many great fights have been canceled lately. I still want Khabib vs Ferguson, but Ferguson is probably going to trip over a Swiss ball in therapy and tear his other knee up.

DC can’t sell without Jones..
Jones cant sell without DC either. Check the numbers, theyre hovering around 300k for his last few. His best was the 2 DC fights and Rashad, all of which were over 700k.

Not surprised i havent bought a ufc in almost 2 years. now with brock coming in hahah

Normal

Lost their co-main
The main event had no drama attached to it and featured some dude called Steeopic vs. The guy Bones KO'd (in the eyes of the casuals)

LoL at anyone thinking casuals would be interested

No one worth watching.

Headline MM and aim for a record low.

Jones cant sell without DC either. Check the numbers, theyre hovering around 300k for his last few. His best was the 2 DC fights and Rashad, all of which were over 700k.

He sells a bit better historically.. But they are good dance partners so to speak. Frankly it is more the fault of the company than any one individual. These cards are not getting any better and the price keeps going up.

the main event was a superfight for the hardcore fans. and the rest of the card was more about exciting matchups than starpower.

220 had Stipe & DC both going for a title shot & it did about tree fiddy. I'm quite sure Ngannou with all his hype is what brought in the casuals for that pay day... so 400k for this one seem about right.

Two guys bowing to each other & giving mass respect is not what sellz PPVs. It's a shame tbh.... but that is the reality of it. Funny thing is that it's probably just as much Ngannou vs. Black Beast that sold this PPV as much as them... & there was more contact at the face off than there was during their fight. <Lmaoo>

@FrankieNYC

Is normal, UFC is a full of uncharismatic, boring and generic fighters with no drawing power

How much would a 400,000 ppv buy card do if no one pirated and everyone bought? Any guesses? Over 2mil?

Back