Jose Sulaiman World Invitational Tournament

ccm22

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is anybody here familiar with this? It looks like the semi-finals are being held in Toronto at the end of August, and I’m curious about going. Worth seeing or is my time and money better spent elsewhere?

Is anybody here familiar with this? It looks like the semi-finals are being held in Toronto at the end of August, and I’m curious about going. Worth seeing or is my time and money better spent elsewhere?
Why not? Are tickets really expensive? There's some interesting names on the card.

Why not? Are tickets really expensive? There's some interesting names on the card.
That’s what I’m thinking. If the prices are reasonable I’ll go. I’m just wondering where they’ll hold it. It’s too small for the ACC or Ricoh and too big for the Danforth Music Hall.

The tournament was great in theory, but the style wise matchup in the quarterfinals made the fights really boring.

Heres the funny thing. The show ended really late (2am Saturday morning) with David Diamante announcing the fights in Kentucky.
I went to the Danny Jacobs fight in Barclays NY the same night at 6pm only to see David Diamante there announcing the fights. Its almost as if he just teleported.

Apparently this was postponed today due to visa issues. A more likely explanation is poor ticket sales. I believe only a few hundred tickets were sold.

Back