Machida still beats Bader, Mousasi tougher fight

Lets see which kind of streoids Machida put in his body now that he can cycle again and then we can talk.

Prime Machida would have killed Brunson. USADA Machida was knocked out by one of the worst strikers I have ever seen.

Bader and Mousasi are in their prime. Machida is shot.

Amazing. Everything you just said is wrong.

I disagree and think Bader is a tougher fight because of the wrestling. Sweet post though. Very true about the switching to orthodox adjustment. It did wonders against the southpaws. I couldn't believe how many south paws they were matching him with. I think the UFC was trying to weed him out. I'm glad he went with bellator instead

I'm glad he went there as well. And yeah, people don't seem to understand what a difference the stances make. Some of the errors Machida makes like keeping his hands low are covered by having the distance southpaw vs orthodox gives him. In a southpaw vs southpaw match he no longer has that distance. Plus he tended to be the smaller, physically weaker guy in those match ups. He basically trained for one thing his whole life, then had tons of matches in a row where he could no longer do that one thing. He finally made adjustments like switching to orthodox when fighting a southpaw to get that distance back, when fighting Eryk Anders and Vitor. Anders could have KO'd him like Brunson did without those adjustments. Vitor is pretty shot now days, so he probably would have beat him anyway but it would have given him a greater chance.

People don't know what they are watching, so they just dismiss it as "he has slower reflexes", "he is getting old", etc. While those things are a factor, it was the match ups and not making adjustments that was the main factor in his losses against southpaws.

Amazing. Everything you just said is wrong.
You are butthurt if you think Machida wasnt on steroids back then.

This is on Vitor Belfor levels ffs. Look at those veins... LOL
Lyoto-Machida.jpg

I don't think he has really improved at all since he switched over. He is just fighting weaker opponents. He fought Phil Davis in Bellator and had the exact same result as in the ufc.
Take off your shades. Good movement, nice tight punches, improved his left side, and has an improved fight IQ.

Lol- mousasi in his prime and would be over a 3-1 favorite in fight.
Bader probably be favored at this point.
Think before you post

Back