Favorite Megadeth Song and Album?

Favorite Megadeth album - Peace Sells

Favorite Megadeth song - no way I can pick one, even 5 would be hard but off the top of my head - My Last Words, Good Mourning/Black Friday, Holy Wars, Lucretia, Set The World Afire.

Posting this cos it's one of their best tracks but mainly cos I love the bit near the end when Mustaine screeches " aah you you.. you fucking liaaaarr" in his trademark whiny nasal voice. :D

Dave has a tendency to write some stupid lyrics though.
Sweating Bullets is just too fucking stupid for me to listen to.
if its stupid lyrics you're after.....
''my lifestyle determines my death style''

Dave never sank that low.

if it stupid lyrics you're after.....

Dude.
I saw that segment of SKOM when they were brainstorming lyrics.
IIRC it was Kirk who comes up with it and Lars loved it?
My reaction: "Holy shit, guys. That might've seemed cool when you were teenagers, but that's fucking dumb."
SMH

if its stupid lyrics you're after.....

That's the only album where they didn't have Het writing all the lyrics I think, also the only album they wrote the whole thing in the studio I believe.

As for Dave's lyrics, "What do you mean I hurt your feelings? Didn't know you had any feelings?" I love Dave but his lyrics are a bit lame sometimes.

This album I am listening to right now. 2008 Capitol Records reissue remastered 180g LP limited edition. This one has not be touched by Mustaine at all and features the all the original band members, no overdubs and no rerecordings of said albums instruments
36884054_10156050627057639_8810062364683534336_n.jpg

Dude.
I saw that segment of SKOM when they were brainstorming lyrics.
IIRC it was Kirk who comes up with it and Lars loved it?
My reaction: "Holy shit, guys. That might've seemed cool when you were teenagers, but that's fucking dumb."
SMH
Yep. That image of Kirk sitting on that sofa with a notepad is forever etched in my brain.

SKOM really ruined Metallica for me. They were my heroes when I was a kid. The only good parts of that doc were Robert’s Audition and Lars’ Dad telling Lars to “delete it.”

Last edited:
Yep. That image of Kirk sitting on that sofa with a notepad is forever etched in my brain.

SKOM really ruined Metallica for me. They were my heroes when I was a kid. The only good parts of that doc were Robert’s Audition and Lars telling his dad to “delete it.”
That pitch to Torbe made me LOL.
"Better to start over, delete the whole thing."
"... that was gonna be our opening track..."

By that point, Lars' dad understood what Metallica was about better than the band.

I knew things were headed in a direction I couldn't follow when they got haircuts and facial piercings and shit and released the Black album.
When James decided he was a singer, it was pretty much done.

That pitch to Torbe made me LOL.
"Better to start over, delete the whole thing."
"... that was gonna be our opening track..."

By that point, Lars' dad understood what Metallica was about better than the band.

I knew things were headed in a direction I couldn't follow when they got haircuts and facial piercings and shit and released the Black album.
When James decided he was a singer, it was pretty much done.
I mis-typed. Meant to say “Lars Dad telling Lars to delete it.” But you got what I meant. Lol

I mis-typed. Meant to say “Lars Dad telling Lars to delete it.” But you got what I meant. Lol
There was a time when they had a great, big sound and owned the scene.
But Megadeth has always been better. Better music. Better song structure, more varied, better instrumentalists without question.

If only Metallica had made a few more records like the Garage Days releases, just stripped down songs without the overproduction.

Megadeth is excellent. Definitely a better musical catalogue than Metallica. Mustaine is a great frontman. I like most of Megadeth's albums up to, and including, "Cryptic Writings." I still like most of their music after, but to the same degree. "Youthanasia," "Cryptic Writings," "Countdown to Extinction," and "Rust in Peace" are my favorite albums with "Rust" probably being in the #1 spot. Metal rules, especially when done correctly. While it is true some of Dave's lyrics are jarring, I wouldn't call any of them dumb. I like the lyrics in "Peace Sells". I dig Mustaine's defiant attitude and it comes through in the lyrics. "What do you mean I hurt your feelings? I didn't know you had any feelings" is an awesome lyric. Very metal. Many of Dave's lyrics have to do with human frailty and specifically hypocrisy. Dave has some great lyrics: "They killed my wife and my baby, with hopes to enslave me. First mistake. Last mistake." Good shit. "I don't remember where I was. I realized life was a game. The more seriously I took things, the harder the rules became." I think Mustaine is a good writer. I love the Iron Maiden-ish aspect of Megadeth's albums as well. Megadeth rules.

Last edited:
There was a time when they had a great, big sound and owned the scene.
But Megadeth has always been better. Better music. Better song structure, more varied, better instrumentalists without question.

If only Metallica had made a few more records like the Garage Days releases, just stripped down songs without the overproduction.

I wouldn't say that personally necessarily. They are my number 2 band but Metallica early stuff has Megadeth stuff early covered. But particularly since Dave's return he's been far more prolific and the standard has been far better, the only shit album since TSHF has been Supercollider, the rest have been really good.

Megadeth are great though, Dave has a really twisted approach to writing riffs and songs, Metallica are often more conventional I guess, I don't know where Dave gets some of his shit from, it's pretty awesome though.

Never really listen to them due to not enjoying the songs I've heard but I met Dave twice...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back