Germans want Donald Trump to pull US troops out of Germany

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Why are we still in Germany? The people don't want us there and they never did. Should we maintain a force their because someone's grandparents did something wrong? It makes no sense to me and according to polling data the Germans don't want us. We should do what Russia did long ago and send the troops home

https://www.yahoo.com/news/germans-want-donald-trump-pull-115845717.html

Germans would actually welcome the withdrawal of American troops stationed in their country, a new poll has found – as Donald Trump threatens to pull the plug on military support.

The finding comes on the first day of a Nato summit in which the US president is urging Europe to spend more on defence if it wants to continue to receive American military protection.

But far from being seen as a threat, a YouGov poll for the dpa news agency found that more Germans would welcome the departure of the 35,000-strong American force than would oppose it.

42 per cent said they supported withdrawal while just 37 per cent wanted the soldiers to stay, with 21 per cent undecided.

yeah..... what could be the reason for not wanting Germany to expand its military might? ..... let me think

frankly Id prefer them to expand, I trust them far more than most other countries right about now!

I'm OK with that. Germany has Russia on their side anyway. How many millions would we save if we left Germany, I wonder.

I say pull them out and anywhere we are not wanted or needed.

yeah..... what could be the reason for not wanting Germany to expand its military might? ..... let me think

frankly Id prefer them to expand, I trust them far more than most other countries right about now!

Hitler died, I'm pretty sure.

Hitler died, I'm pretty sure.
Tim-Kennedy.png

you calling this guy a liar?

I had some good times there.

Pretty sure I got some brothers and sisters running around out there I dont know about.

Prolly a kid or two my damn self, hell.

Why are we still in Germany? The people don't want us there and they never did. Should we maintain a force their because someone's grandparents did something wrong? It makes no sense to me and according to polling data the Germans don't want us. We should do what Russia did long ago and send the troops home

it has nothing to do with world war 2 or thinking the germans will act a fool again and everything in the world todo with projecting power and global influence

I am going to edit this because is might derail the thread.

Last edited:
Quite honestly, living in Germany, I can't say what proportion of Germans are unhappy about Murrcan presence.

Sure, a majority, or possibly, but a small one.

Most Germans I know are thankful of Murrcans, as they will say themselves that they would have been steamrolled and raped by the USSR otherwise.

Also, Germans nowadays are really anti-military, and are happy to have public funds attributed to other things.

So no, on this one, this is not a very clear-cut case.

it would decimate the economies of most of the smaller towns (i.e. Baumholder, Vilseck, etc...) near the bases

and huge LOL at worrying about German military superiority, their equipment can't even get up basic hills and shit. We laughed at the Bundeswehr literally every day on our base (their equipment and training, not the guys themselves, solid people)
edit: not that it matters, but they've already shut down MAD bases, and deflagged the two largest Infantry units (170th IBCT and 173rd IBCT from baumholder and Grafenwoehr) already....and moved USAREUR from Heidelberg to Wiesbaden

Donald Trump has been threatening to pull US troops out of Germany , claiming they are not paying their fair share.

A new Poll found that 42% of Germans want US troops to leave. 37% want them to remain and 21% are undecided.

Support for the pull-out has the support of a majority of voters from both the left-wing Die Linke party (67%) and the Nationalist rightwing AFD party (55%)

-

The US should pull-out. What reason is there to keep them there, and don't bother saying 'but but Russia' , cause it is absurd to think Russia is going to do anything.

Donald Trump has been threatening to pull US troops out of Germany , claiming they are not paying their fair share.

A new Poll found that 42% of Germans want US troops to leave. 37% want them to remain and 21% are undecided.

Support for the pull-out has the support of a majority of voters from both the left-wing Die Linke party (67%) and the Nationalist rightwing AFD party (55%)

-

The US should pull-out. What reason is there to keep them there, and don't bother saying 'but but Russia' , cause it is absurd to think Russia is going to do anything.
Russia already has Germany in their pocket. Weird how everyone else in the world calls US out on Russia but not Germany.

it would decimate the economies of most of the smaller towns (i.e. Baumholder, Vilseck, etc...) near the bases

and huge LOL at worrying about German military superiority, their equipment can't even get up basic hills and shit. We laughed at the Bundeswehr literally every day on our base (their equipment and training, not the guys themselves, solid people)
edit: not that it matters, but they've already shut down MAD bases, and deflagged the two largest Infantry units (170th IBCT and 173rd IBCT from baumholder and Grafenwoehr) already....and moved USAREUR from Heidelberg to Wiesbaden
they can buy new shit, also with their engineering expertise do you really think they couldnt make better equipment? Anyone who underestimates the Germans needs to re-examine history lol

Russia already has Germany in their pocket. Weird how everyone else in the world calls US out on Russia but not Germany.
Russia doesn't, that's just Trump's over the top comment , that he said as a means to defend himself by going on the attack against Germany. Germany can get NG from others, though it is cheaper and easier from Russia.

Because it’s where our main trauma hospitals are for wounded service members in the Middle East. It’s far quicker to fly guys on an aeromedical evac flight to LRMC than to Virginia or Houston. We would have to move all those facilities to a different NATO country.

they can buy new shit, also with their engineering expertise do you really think they couldnt make better equipment? Anyone who underestimates the Germans needs to re-examine history lol
but they haven't.....and they don't meet the normal threshold for NATO and haven't for years

they would literally lose to say Turkey or Russia in like a day flat, tops. I actually trained and lived w/ them for literally 4 years, they couldn't stop jack and shit

The main reason A) they're retarded for wanting us out the literal only deterrent, and B) they should be trying harder to keep the UK at a favorable position in Brexit, being they are BY FAR the dominant military force in Europe and now won't be in the EU....

Russia doesn't, that's just Trump's over the top comment , that he said as a means to defend himself by going on the attack against Germany. Germany can get NG from others, though it is cheaper and easier from Russia.
They're more of an ally to Germany than they are to the US.

Tried twice failed twice , their sneaky Hun ways only ever get them so far .

Back