Brian Ortega asked Dana White to be paid for UFC 226

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Speaking on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on ESPN this week, Ortega explained that, when he asked to be paid for his efforts ahead of UFC 226 — he held up his end of the bargain — he got a firm ‘no’ from UFC President Dana White.

“We had our talk,” he said (transcribed by Adam Guillen Jr. for MMAMania). “We agreed to disagree pretty much, I [asked] him if I was going to be compensated for anything, you know, if I would get anything. I told him I showed up, I did everything, my weight was good, did the open workouts, the media and he said, ‘No.'”

B775EBF0-B08B-4578-8E1C-697A84AC63E8.png
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/bri...hting-to-get-paid-for-cancelled-ufc-226-bout/

If UFC pays fighters when their opponent pulls out, no fighter will ever accept a replacement fight again.

If UFC pays fighters when their opponent pulls out, no fighter will ever accept a replacement fight again.

There are ways around it. WME needs to just start treating this like an MMA organization instead of a circus show. Sounds like rich problems. Phukk WME. I'd rather they take a blow and the fighters are taken care of.

The audacity of this guy... I'm quickly not liking Ortega. The first post nailed it.

How these guys haven't started negotiating that into their contracts is beyond me

I fully understand him turning down the last minute fights to wait for a title shot. But it’s mind fucking to me that he was expecting to be paid show money when he turned down two suitable replacements. I feel like anyone with common sense knows that if you opt to wait for a title shot instead of fighting, it comes at the expense of your purse.

^ first post nailed it
That and he didn't even weigh in.
I understand training time was expensive but they gave him the opportunity to pick up a fight, which he did not.

I totally get his move, but it may backfire considering the baldfather’s ways.

He could have gotten paid. He chose not to work.

Normally I stand with the fighter, but Ortega just refused a couple of fights that made sense. So f*ck this dude. Good move from Dana.

I guess you have to get in their and fight, Ortega. You know, the profession which you've chosen.

LMFAO @ all the Corporate Slaves siding with the Corporate Master...Fuck, you people are Corporate Cucks.

He did everything he could to fight Max Halloway.....Max Halloway pulled out....He was offered a replacement but it was a risk and he opt not to.

Up to the Max Halloway pull out point...He did everything, promos, media, weight cut etc.....He fucking did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He atleast deserves a bit of paycheck for what he did do....At least the fucking expenses he wasted.

UFC is a crap company, so it doesn't surprise me.

It's outrageous how much the UFC pays fighters anyway. Keep them starving. People need to eat. They will fight if that's what it takes to feed their families.

and they shouldn't. in 3 days notice? you guys defending how the ufc acts in this regard are being ridiculous. I'm not saying all his show money, but I don't know, 25% of it?

Back