This NFL thing has made owner of Papa John's lose his damn mind. N bombs now.

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
John Schnatter—the founder, chairman and public face of pizza chain Papa John’s—used the N-word on a conference call in May. Schnatter confirmed the incident in an emailed statement to Forbes on Wednesday.

The call was arranged between Papa John’s executives and marketing agency Laundry Service. It was designed as a role-playing exercise for Schnatter in an effort to prevent future public-relations snafus. Schnatter caused an uproar in November 2017 when he waded into the debate over national anthem protests in the NFL and partly blamed the league for slowing sales at Papa John’s.

On the May call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahki...-used-n-word-on-conference-call/#4875e2b94cfc

Schnatter also reflected on his early life in Indiana, where, he said, people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died. He apparently intended for the remarks to convey his antipathy to racism, but multiple individuals on the call found them to be offensive, a source familiar with the matter said. After learning about the incident, Laundry Service owner Casey Wasserman moved to terminate the company’s contract with Papa John’s.

In an emailed statement on Wednesday afternoon, Schnatter confirmed the allegations. "News reports attributing the use of inappropriate and hurtful language to me during a media training session regarding race are true," he said. "Regardless of the context, I apologize. Simply stated, racism has no place in our society."

Well, it seems he was using the word to talk about using the word. Not actually using the word in reference to a person at all

Still kinda stupid. Bet he wasn't as concerned since it wasn't public and rather a company teleconference call, but still should know to watch himself

He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahki...-used-n-word-on-conference-call/#4875e2b94cfc
Conservatives are always gnashing their teeth over not being able to say the n word freely.

John schnatter is a grade A scum bag and embodies the worst qualities of a rich businessman.

Oh and his pizza sucks. Gross.

In the context, the use of the word shouldn't be a big deal. He was talking about the word, not calling people the word. Maybe what's more troubling is just a general dismissiveness of racism. Dude just oozes privilege.

Colonel Sanders has been dead for 30 years. What a weird point.

In the context, the use of the word shouldn't be a big deal, but maybe what's more troubling is just a general dismissiveness of racism. Dude just oozes privilege.

This was an exercise to avoid snafus, and it caused a snafu. lol. Can't make this shit up.

Colonel Sanders has been dead for 30 years. What a weird point.

HE GETS TO CALL PEOPLE THE N WORD AND I DON'T, DAMMIT!!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!

<31><31><31>

- Papa John

This was an exercise to avoid snafus, and it caused a snafu. lol. Can't make this shit up.
Wasn't there something like this that happened at Netflix recently? A meeting about troublesome words that got someone in trouble.

Conservatives are always gnashing their teeth over not being able to say the n word freely.

John schnatter is a grade A scum bag and embodies the worst qualities of a rich businessman.

Oh and his pizza sucks. Gross.

Dominos Pizza has made a massive comeback and is biggest pizza business in world now. Passing Pizza Hut. Dominoes is staying away from NFL shit. Pizza Hut is NFL sponsor. Dominos, as people have said, is a tech company that makes pizza. They got that shit locked down. When you think of Dominos, you think of Netflix. Eating and watching that.

This is silly.

You can't use the word while talking about the word? Or can't reference history to illuminate how you're against it?

What the fuck

If you're stupid enough to let yourself be goaded in to using the word, under any circumstance where people can use it for their outrage clickbait, I cant feel sorry for you.

It's a god damn word and it still pisses me off we are talking about a word, but this exact scenario is what people want it seems.

He used "n*gger" in a way to describe that its offensive. This is silliness. Just saying the word doesn't mean there's any intent behind it.

Wasn't there something like this that happened at Netflix recently? A meeting about troublesome words that got someone in trouble.

Yes, it is a little different though because this guy was already mad at NFL players and blah blah blah. He had a meltdown over it. Politics kills you in business. He is a moron. He was on thin ice already and people already assumed he was racist.

This is another reason I like Zuck. He is never gonna do something so stupid and offensive.

So does this mean white can’t ever say the word, even if they’re talking about the word?

Dominos Pizza has made a massive comeback and is biggest pizza business in world now. Passing Pizza Hut. Dominoes is staying away from NFL shit. Pizza Hut is NFL sponsor. Dominos, as people have said, is a tech company that makes pizza. They got that shit locked down. When you think of Dominos, you think of Netflix. Eating and watching that.

I think of the first Ninja Turtles movie when I think dominoes. That's what mikey ordered had pick up through the sewer grate.

Wake me up when the PC police start going after everyone who uses the word. Race-based enforcement is racist. :eek:

If you are offended by this, you lose your ability to call anyone else a snowflake

Back