Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekend plans Pub?

Pretty busy one for me - working from home today as it's my eldest son's school sports day.
Tomorrow is taking the boys to judo, then meeting up with my nieces who are visiting from South Africa, then heading over to London to visit my girlfriend's brother and his family.
Sunday is more judo, then followed by a trip to the cinema, probably to see the new Jurassic Park movie.

My daughter turn 2 tomorrow, so there's that.
I coach soccer tomorrow AM, we'll likely feed the spawn at the market then hopefully I can get a fucking training session in at some point before I'm 50!

Going to the beach today. Might go to beach tomorrow then to a friends for a bbq. Sunday, my final act as the manager for the retail chain I am leaving, I have to close payroll. The rest of Sunday will be spent at the park and y with the kids.

Heading to the Niagara Lavender Festival tomorrow!

Heading to the Niagara Lavender Festival tomorrow!

I’m headed to Toronto tomorrow! We’re switching cities.

If you have time, hit up Oast brewery or Silversmith brewery. Oast has a nice seasonal strawberry rhubarb beer right now. Silversmith just has delicious beer. Oast has a bbq pit outside with what I’ve heard is good food. Silversmith has meh food. A little overpriced for what you get.

Went to the beach yesterday. There was a Pirate Festival going on.

I’m headed to Toronto tomorrow! We’re switching cities.

If you have time, hit up Oast brewery or Silversmith brewery. Oast has a nice seasonal strawberry rhubarb beer right now. Silversmith just has delicious beer. Oast has a bbq pit outside with what I’ve heard is good food. Silversmith has meh food. A little overpriced for what you get.

I didn't realize you were in the Niagara area.

I've been to Oast, they are very good. I have a few empty growlers of theirs gathering dust in my basement. Unfortunately we didn't have time for anything else. Traffic was brutal and it took over 3 hours to get there. And it was a bit underwhelming to be honest.

But at least we didn't go on Sunday when the hay field they used for parking caught on fire and destroyed a dozen cars!

Went to the beach yesterday. There was a Pirate Festival going on.

Did you join in on the festivities?

I didn't realize you were in the Niagara area.

I've been to Oast, they are very good. I have a few empty growlers of theirs gathering dust in my basement. Unfortunately we didn't have time for anything else. Traffic was brutal and it took over 3 hours to get there. And it was a bit underwhelming to be honest.

But at least we didn't go on Sunday when the hay field they used for parking caught on fire and destroyed a dozen cars!

I moved down here about a year ago.

Traffic is brutal this time of year. Did you take your kid(s)? down with you? How did they find it?

34 is the final count of burned cars! Just terrible.

Weekend plans Pub?

Pretty busy one for me - working from home today as it's my eldest son's school sports day.
Tomorrow is taking the boys to judo, then meeting up with my nieces who are visiting from South Africa, then heading over to London to visit my girlfriend's brother and his family.
Sunday is more judo, then followed by a trip to the cinema, probably to see the new Jurassic Park movie.

In late.

I went for a long weekend in Lebanon. Went with girlfriend and one of my best friends from the UK, met up with a couple of friends there. One night in Beirut, then we went to a little seaside town called Batroun. We stayed in a ridiculously, ridiculously nice AirBnB, by far the nicest place I have ever stayed in while on holiday. Like a small cathedral converted into a house by a brilliant French designer. 20 metres from the beach. Weather was beautiful, got completely wasted for the entire time.

Edit- link to the AirBnB page for the place, in case anyone is curious. Pictures actually don't do it justice. It's way nicer than this:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11576034

Batroun:

http://www.lebanoninapicture.com/pictures/batroun-port-marina-boat-sailingboat-fisherman-fishers-

http://desktop.beiruting.com/Taiga_Batroun_on_Saturday_Night/12535/420760

Not really, although I did enjoy the concert. They played an old Stan Rogers folk tune called Barrett's Privateers, which was pretty cool.

Speaking of cool. I picked up Doug Sahm and Band album from 1973 which features Bob Dylan among other greats! What a fun and diverse album... So cool to find.

In late.

I went for a long weekend in Lebanon. Went with girlfriend and one of my best friends from the UK, met up with a couple of friends there. One night in Beirut, then we went to a little seaside town called Batroun. We stayed in a ridiculously, ridiculously nice AirBnB, by far the nicest place I have ever stayed in while on holiday. Like a small cathedral converted into a house by a brilliant French designer. 20 metres from the beach. Weather was beautiful, got completely wasted for the entire time.

Edit- link to the AirBnB page for the place, in case anyone is curious. Pictures actually don't do it justice. It's way nicer than this:

Batroun:

http://www.lebanoninapicture.com/pictures/batroun-port-marina-boat-sailingboat-fisherman-fishers-

Goddamn, I'll bookmark that for my list of destinations. How often have you been down there so far?

I'll be spending the next the rest of the year in South America on a student exchange, but after that the next big trip has to go somewhere in that corner of the world.

I'd have to say, @JauntyAngle that's a really nice place! I have friends from Lebanon, who return quite frequently. I could definitely visit if this is where I can stay.

I moved down here about a year ago.

Traffic is brutal this time of year. Did you take your kid(s)? down with you? How did they find it?

34 is the final count of burned cars! Just terrible.

My son is 21 months so he had a good nap in the car. He likes people watching so he chilled in the stroller for a while and once he got antsy we let him run around the lavender field. There was also a woman playing guitar and singing folk music that he was really intrigued by. He is a super agreeable little dude for the most part.

34 cars... that's brutal. I don't know what we would have done if that had happened to us. I wonder if Uber has cars with carseats in them?

In other news my AC died yesterday. I got home and the house was 26 degrees and my wife was like "we've been in and out of the house all day so the back door was open". It took me a while before I realized it was too quiet in the yard because our clunky old AC unit wasn't running. Luckily it's breezy today so it's not too bad in the house.

In late.

Batroun:

That looks rather splendid Jaunty.

Spent my weekend camping; fishing/beer/catching snapping turtles. Sprained ankle wrangling a 60lber...fack it was strong.

We went to Hilton Head, South Carolina and stayed in a beach house last week. The car ride was 13+ hours with kids. That's about the limit that I can drive in a day, and it's brutal with kids. Beach house was awesome though. I went to a gym with a powerlifting room while I was there. $40 for the week.

Yep, you really, really want to get Lebanon on your list- it is up there on my top three countries to visit, along with Colombia and Thailand. I think I have been there 6-7 times now. First two times were for work, second time I took a long weekend with a friend, and I guess I have been back 4-5 times since. It's only a hour flight from where I am, but my friend from the UK has been over 4 times and he has to do a 3 hour drive and a 4.5 hour flight, so it seems to have pull even if you are not close.

It has so much to see and do: amazing parties, beach, history and ruins, trekking, diving, skiiing, great wine, great food (French influence), incredibly hot women. And it's still not that popular in the scheme of things. It's also a tiny country so you can get from one place to the next really easily.

I'd have to say, @JauntyAngle that's a really nice place! I have friends from Lebanon, who return quite frequently. I could definitely visit if this is where I can stay.

It's a long way to go for you, but highly recommended. So much to see and do. Also very easy to combine with a trip to other places in the region- Jordan (for Dead Sea, Petra etc), Cyprus, Israel (Tel Aviv and Jerusalem are both awesome), pretty much anywhere in the Mediterranean.

BTW, when I am in Beirut I stay in an AirBnB that is also completely amazing, and right in the heart of the most fun part of town.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14129880

Great places to stay in Beirut are definitely a thing

My son is 21 months so he had a good nap in the car. He likes people watching so he chilled in the stroller for a while and once he got antsy we let him run around the lavender field. There was also a woman playing guitar and singing folk music that he was really intrigued by. He is a super agreeable little dude for the most part.

34 cars... that's brutal. I don't know what we would have done if that had happened to us. I wonder if Uber has cars with carseats in them?

In other news my AC died yesterday. I got home and the house was 26 degrees and my wife was like "we've been in and out of the house all day so the back door was open". It took me a while before I realized it was too quiet in the yard because our clunky old AC unit wasn't running. Luckily it's breezy today so it's not too bad in the house.

At least the AC didn’t crap out during the heat wave last week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back