Is soccer the greatest sport?

Is soccer the greatest sport?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I understand the fascination of American football. It is highly specialized, militarized kind of sport similar to Battleship or Chess or classic RPGs.

The football the rest of the world knows is more spontaneous. You have to think on the fly.

But if you want pace and speed, you would enjoy ice hockey the most.

Ice hockey is good, but I would go to hurling for that...

It's amazing a site that focuses on another sport has majority of the votes saying that soccer/football is the greatest sport. Says a lot about the sport and how legendary it is especially in the World Cup.
We ain't in the UFC forum, honey.

Why do people keep saying that you only need a ball to play?
that is the equivalent of saying you only need a ball to play basketball,so why isnt basketball as popular?
False. Basketball demands proper floor, a court to play, and something tall to act as a basket. Soccer you can play on sand, grass, you can use a pair of flip flops to make the goal. Try to play basketball on a beach and tell me how did it go.

False. Basketball demands proper floor, a court to play, and something tall to act as a basket. Soccer you can play on sand, grass, you can use a pair of flip flops to make the goal. Try to play basketball on a beach and tell me how did it go.
you can play basketball on any driveway or street in first world countries. grew up in Canada and 80% of driveways had a hoop..

you can play basketball on any driveway or street in first world countries. grew up in Canada and 80% of driveways had a hoop..
So you need a hoop and cant play on grass and sand. So not nearly as universal and affordable.

So you need a hoop and cant play on grass and sand. So not nearly as universal and affordable.
was more so a response to your "proper floor" remark. of course baskeball isn't as universally accessible as soccer. theres a reason its so popular in third world shit holes and geared towards manlets, and the physically disabled. as @faustian so eloquently stated. its the only major "sport" a double amputee can compete in at a high level.

was more so a response to your "proper floor" remark. of course baskeball isn't as universally accessible as soccer. theres a reason its so popular in third world shit holes and geared towards manlets, and the physically disabled. as @faustian so eloquently stated. its the only major "sport" a double amputee can compete in at a high level.
LOL, try to run and turn without the arms to help your balance.

Bores the shit out of me but then again, I like watching baseball so to each their own.

Bores the shit out of me but then again, I like watching baseball so to each their own.

to each his own. but I am willing to bet serious dollars there's way more people in the world who thinks baseball is more boring than soccer...

to each his own. but I am willing to bet serious dollars there's way more people in the world who thinks baseball is more boring than soccer...
Exactly that's my point. I see past the slow pace and see the intricacies of the game that most wouldn't because I use to play in high school. If I had been a soccer player I'm sure it would be the other way around.

Lot's of people love soccer, but I have never been into it. It's hard to top basketball, baseball, football and fighting sports.

there should be a probably option because it's probably the best... but hockey tho...

False. Basketball demands proper floor, a court to play, and something tall to act as a basket..

Guess what soccer does too,its needs a court with markings,there are rules regarding the markings on the ground,like offside, throw in,penalties,cornerkicks etc,there are the goalposts/crossbar(sorry not sure the name in english)....

Soccer you can play on sand, grass,.
I never played soccer on sand,but I bet its not great,yes the game is played on grass so you could play there,here is a guy playing basketball on grass:

I dont see the problem?

you can use a pair of flip flops to make the goal. Try to play basketball on a beach and tell me how did it go.
Have you seen the crossbar/goal post?
mauricio-pinilla-560x342.jpg

its far from two flip flops,it eliminates a huge part of the game,the ball in the air part.
Saying it needs only flip flops,its like saying just tape a part of the wall and pretend its the basket,or just hang a bucket or tape it to the wall and pretend its a basket....

As @faustian so eloquently stated. its the only major "sport" a double amputee can compete in at a high level.

Double amputee definetly cannot compete in soccer, at any level.

You were misinformed by your friend Faustian, who clearly doesnt know what he is talking about.

Guess what soccer does too,its needs a court with markings,there are rules regarding the markings on the ground,like offside, throw in,penalties,cornerkicks etc,there are the goalposts/crossbar(sorry not sure the name in english)....

I never played soccer on sand,but I bet its not great,yes the game is played on grass so you could play there,here is a guy playing basketball on grass:

I dont see the problem?

Have you seen the crossbar/goal post?
mauricio-pinilla-560x342.jpg

its far from two flip flops,it eliminates a huge part of the game,the ball in the air part.
Saying it needs only flip flops,its like saying just tape a part of the wall and pretend its the basket,or just hang a bucket or tape it to the wall and pretend its a basket....

Playing soccer on the beach (sand) is damn good. You never played soccer on a beach? Must live in some cold ass 1st world hellhole.

The idea of soccer is that is super adaptable. When people play for fun, they don't require the full rules and lines. We can play with a big goal with a goalie, with a very small goal without a goalie, mixing futsal and soccer rules to what fit the best.

Last edited:
Back