ROBOCOP RETURNS (Lands Little Monsters Director)

Chappie is the sort of thing they show terrorist at Guantanamo so to make them talk.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Only thing about Chappie that was passable was that one lead female actress

For some reason I find her incredibly attractive

200.gif

Is this a complete reboot or a sequel to the 2014 one?

Which would probably mean them ignoring RoboCop 2,3,remake
giphy.gif

same_guy_twice.gif

Remember when he was doing a sequel to ALIENS before Ridley Scott said HOLD MY PINT and wanted to compose ellegies to his own impending demise?

Reserving judgment until I see a trailer, but I am not confident they will do it right. The remake was not terrible (Michael Keaton was great in it), but it lived in the shadow of a classic original action film.

It fits his style however the Robocop franchise has been sullied so badly with the remake and the tv movie that I may not give the movie a chance. I'll just pretend that Dredd was the successor to the original Robocop movie

Nah, if Thor can come back from Dark World, any series can. The first Robocop remake was not that bad. It just wasnt spectacular.

giphy.gif

same_guy_twice.gif

Remember when he was doing a sequel to ALIENS before Ridley Scott said HOLD MY PINT and wanted to compose ellegies to his own impending demise?

Yeah.

Sad times.

Really looked forward to that.

I have no faith in them being able to make it remotely watchable.

Are we forgetting that Chappie was a terrible remake of Robocop?

The original is a bona-fide classic, which stands the test of time & could hold its own against movies coming out today.

The sequels & remake don’t come close to touching it; and I don’t have much hope for this one either, it will probably land far short, with them.

The original is a bona-fide classic, which stands the test of time & could hold its own against movies coming out today.

The sequels & remake don’t come close to touching it; and I don’t have much hope for this one either, it will probably land far short, with them.

It destroys movies coming out today.

I'm not into the overly gratuitous violence all that much, but overall, it was great.

The girl from DIe Antwoord?? She was better than the guy but...yikes.

Hugh Jackman did a decent job with the ridiculous script he was given.

But I thought Chappie proved conclusively that Blomkamp and Robocop don't mix.

It destroys movies coming out today.

I'm not into the overly gratuitous violence all that much, but overall, it was great.

Personally, I’ve always felt that Robocop is the perfect example of a film which uses extreme violence, but yet that is not in the least bit gratuitous. This story absolutely required it, because they were trying to portray a dystopian, over-industrial, crime-ridden future, & to do that they needed to scare the shit out of you, to portray how little life is worth in the ugly world of the film.

They balance this with a perfect blend of occasional dark humor throughout the movie, which the near-absurdity of the violence also serves.

If the violence was toned down though, I don’t think the non-violent aspects of the film would have the impact they do. It needed to be looming in the background of the rest of the film.

Back