UK Boxing Star Amir Khan Saw Nate Diaz Get The BEST Of A 175 Boxing Champ Fonfara in sparring

One of the most brutal boxing KOs ever... I remember when it happened I was ecstatic and such an amazing highlight. That quickly changed to genuine concern for Khan’s health. That being said he was boxing circles around Canelo until the KO came, which was what was expected I guess since Amir came up in class (2 classes I think?) to go up against Canelo

Have to agree... I was also going nuts when Canelo landed but felt sick watching Khan on the canvas for an extended period of time.

And yeah Khan Boxed beautifully and his speed was on another level but Canelo maintained his composure, picked up on his habits and timed that amazing shot.

Have to agree... I was also going nuts when Canelo landed but felt sick watching Khan on the canvas for an extended period of time.

And yeah Khan Boxed beautifully and his speed was on another level but Canelo maintained his composure, picked up on his habits and timed that amazing shot.

Crazy how Nelo hit that same exact shot on GGG and he didn't even flinch!

It always makes me laugh how basement dwellers on sherdog will completely dismiss the opinions of a professional fighter because they lost a few times against other highly trained professionals.

For all his faults, Khan is an Olympic medalist and seasoned pro. His opinions are worth a million times more than mouth breathers on this forums ones are.

Last edited:
Nate beats Conor in boxing easier then in MMA.

Nate also makes it to a decision vs Floyd.

All you need is triathlons and weed and you can do it too

Pushing someone backwards is not the same as getting the BEST of someone.

Chris Leben was pushing Anderson backwards, and he was getting mauled.

Forcing a tired guy in sparring to switch his style and box you up going backwards instead of forwards isn't the same as winning.

When he asks Khan how would he do as a pro boxer, Khan would have said 'World champion' if he genuinely won that sparring match.

Thing Is, I feel people's dislike of Conor blinds them from acknowledging how good Nate actually Is.

He has been hit or miss and his record has been used as a tool to discredit him, when It clearly doesn't tell the full story.

Nate Diaz Is one of those tricky cases that really determines where you stand In terms of MMA IQ I feel.
Yep it's all about styles

Nate will always be a very difficult fight for Conor, whereas some guys who might beat Nate would get smoked by Conor.

It always makes me laugh how basement dwellers on sherdog will completely dismiss the opinions of a professional fighter because they lost a few times against other highly trained professionals.

For all his faults, Khan boxed is an Olympic medalist and seasoned pro. His opinions are worth a million times more than mouth breathers on this forums ones are.
Thruth is Khan is actually one of the best offensive boxers around, his speed is unmatched, its his chin/defense that has held him back.

Thruth is Khan is actually one of the best offensive boxers around, his speed is unmatched, its his chin/defense that has held him back.

I couldn't believe how fast he looked his last fight.

Once again, fans know more than professional athletes who fight for a living and are actually present at these sparring and training sessions.
yeah several Pro boxers praise and sparred and witnesses the DIAZ bros in the gym yet you still have haters who refuse to hear it

We in here talkin bout sparring? We talkin bout sparring? We talkin bout sparring?

Not the fight. Not the fight. Not the fight where I go out and die for, we talkin bout sparring?

But we talkin about sparring? What we talkin about? We talkin about sparring. We talkin bout sparring

All he said was he took a lot of punishment and got Fonfara tired and was able to push him back, that's not unbelievable at all it's textbook Nate Diaz.

Nate's boxing is really good, it's just that stubborness to learn how to check kicks and no wrestling that his record is like that.

Amir Khan used to train in the Bay area and Nate Diaz would spar at Virgil Hunters gym, he said he saw Diaz sparring Fonfara and wouldn't take a backward step and started breaking down Fonfara making the champ take a step back after getting tired.

Timestamped

This is Andrzej Fonfara

Undefeated Olympic gold medalist and champion Andre Ward singing praises of Nate Diaz
Praises the Diaz brothers

Cool Story Bro,

In a straight boxing match they would wreck Diaz. Sparring is not the end all, be all. Especially because you don't even know if they came in at fresh or if they are going 100%

And hasn't Fonfara been KO'd early twice in his last three fights? He definitely way past his best.

No shit Sherlock. No human ever created could stand up to this speed and power.

giphy.gif
@HHJ

The thing with Nate and Nick Diaz is their combo of chin, volume and cardio makes them a really bad matchup for a lot of people. Even fighters with more skill will be beaten by them and have been in the past.

Back