Places to stay in Torrance?

cardkid

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Forgive me if I'm posting on the wrong forums but I wasn't sure.
I'm hoping to go to Torrance next year and was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap places to stat? If so how much?

Self Defense DOJO, you want TRUE self defense DOJO.. you sleep in car or on mats. Or pays lots (because TRUE self defense DOJO is expensive for the sensai to live a true martial artists lives of luxury).. for the PRIVLEDGE of sleeping on the MATS OF THE TRUE DOJO

I’m totally just messing around. Try the usual websites and hopefully someone is much more helpful than me

Hi guys,
Forgive me if I'm posting on the wrong forums but I wasn't sure.
I'm hoping to go to Torrance next year and was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap places to stat? If so how much?

Are you gonna be training at Gracie Academy while there?

As nice as those hotels look I'm looking for something cheaper. Nothing fancy as I won't be at the hotel much.
Don’t know what you are looking for. 90 bucks a night is actually a decent rate for LA. Look at hotels.com or some other discounted rate website.

You might be able to snag a room on Airbnb. You can also try Couchsurfing.com

Last edited:
Don’t know what you are looking. 90 bucks a night is actually a decent rate for LA. Look at hotels.com or some other discounted rate website.

You might be able to snag a room on Airbnb. You can also try Couchsurfing.com

This.

At any hotel cheaper than that you're in the hood. If you want lower than hotel prices look through airbnb.

Thank you all for your input. Yeah it does seem to be the going rate. I've seen some air BnB places pretty cheap and that couch surfing site is pretty cool.

The cheapest way to do it would be to sleep in your car. There are a lot of quiet neighborhoods in Torrance where that is possible.

Another way you can do it is stay at a 24hr Korean spa in LA and drive to Torrance. East West Spa is $25 a night and Wi Spa is $40 a night...I think. I have not been to either in awhile so I am not sure about prices. They are not the most plush accommodations but they are cheap.

I like Driftwood motel for the pricepoint.

Expedia now does their package discounts as value adds, so buy a cheap ticket during that month (like a $5 show) and then shop their package rates. Usually you can get 15-30% discounts on rack rate. Beyond that, you can try and find a couple websites selling business to business wholesale rates, like amoma, but you run the risk of being hung out to dry by their non existent customer service.

Also, Hotel Tonight is great for discounted/geo fenced rates. (You can also leverage first time user discounts on top of that if you book over their min purchase) But you need to be willing to go into the night without a hotel and hope the demand is soft. What month are you traveling?

Back