‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

Then those doing nothing have nothing to worry about. Wear your little costume. But when you assault someone, expect to be jailed for it.
@Seano
Ok?.....That already happens tho...You assault somebody, you go to jail....Is normal.

We don't need this stupid new law against antifa....we don't need people getting up to 15 years because they wear a mask and larp.

We can already arrest those assholes and lock em up.

The law is 100% unnecessary and stupid as fuck.

@Seano
Ok?.....That already happens tho...You assault somebody, you go to jail....Is normal.

We don't need this stupid new law against antifa....we don't need people getting up to 15 years because they wear a mask and larp.

These guys are just all excited about a law that might hurt "the other side".

Nah, I'm not the least bit "offended", it's just a person can only stand so much infantile shrieking.
All you people do is howl and whine and engage in childish name calling, it's all you have in your arsenal. It's also why you will lose again in 2020.
Keep at it, I have been enjoying the left destroy themselves.

LMFAO @ This sensitive guy not being able to handle the internet...Go back to your safe space kid.

Uhhh right wingers all over the internet insult SJWs by calling them snowflakes, pussies, etc........But when I do it, you can't handle it...damn you're weak bro.

LMFAO...I offended your safe space so much that you are hoping for a 2020 victory no matter what....Damn, that's sad.

The only thing that has destroyed itself, is the right........You people went from family values to trump...You people are an absolute disgrace and pussies that can't even handle a forum

Go back to your safe space, kid....It appears freedom of speech is too much your feeble little delicate wimp mind.

And do we trump up the charges of robbing a bank to robbing a bank with a mask on.......
We should if it makes it 10x more difficult to catch someone because of it.

Video footage is the #1 tool we have to be able to catch criminals. If extra sentencing could dissuade someone from committing a crime because they will get a harsher sentence, or make them worried enough to not go masked, then it is worth it and it hurts no one who doesn't break the law.

Committing a crime while wearing a mask is as premeditated as it gets.

I support this. We should have no tolerance for masked terrorists.

I only read the first page, but I've been saying this to my wife since this started. Like "How are they allowed to wear masks!? Nobody is allowed to wear masks aside from kids at Halloween and people at a NYE party!" Shit has been illegal almost everywhere for a long time, due to both the klan and common sense. You don't let fucks walk around with masks on and certainly not in groups. Not in a civil society.

And as far as I know, it's already illegal. The masks part.

@Seano

But the costume is so they can hide and blend into a crowd, especially true after they assault someone while masked. Its cowardly and the only reason they were those ninja costumes is because they don't believe in what they are doing enough to lose their job or go to jail. Its just a fun moment of disorderly conduct. A thrill.

We should if it makes it 10x more difficult to catch someone because of it.

Video footage is the #1 tool we have to be able to catch criminals. If extra sentencing could dissuade someone from committing a crime because they will get a harsher sentence, or make them worried enough to not go masked, then it is worth it and it hurts no one who doesn't break the law.

Wearing a mask is premeditated and committing a crime while wearing a mask is as premeditated as it gets.

All hail the authority.... give up all your rights and we will protect you.... step out of line and you will be hunted down and crushed.... all in the name of public safety of course.

All hail the authority.... give up all your rights and we will protect you.... step out of line and you will be hunted down and crushed.... all in the name of public safety of course.
You're so dumb you will continue to believe that people have the right or freedom to commit a crime while masked or unmasked. Either that or I am getting 'trolled'.

But the costume is so they can hide and blend into a crowd, especially true after they assault someone while masked. Its cowardly and the only reason they were those ninja costumes is because they don't believe in what they are doing enough to lose their job or go to jail. Its just a fun moment of disorderly conduct. A thrill.

Ok so according to you....A person robbing a store with a mask on should get more prison time than a person robbing a store without a mask? lol

You do know people have been beating the shit out of other people thru out time with masks on to not get caught, right? Antifa didn't event this......nor is it some sort of phenomena where Antifa is beating the shit out of people in record numbers lol.

Sorry, this is a 100% unnecessary law created to give boners to the Alt-Right

Ok so according to you....A person robbing a store with a mask on should get more than a person robbing a store without a mask? lol

You do know people have been beating the shit out of other people thru out time with mask on to not get caught, right? Antifa didn't event this......nor is it some sort of phenomena where Antifa is beating the shit out of people in record numbers lol.

Sorry this is a 100% unnecessary law created to give boners to the Alt-Right
Maybe if there was a public movement condoning masked robberies, sure.

Maybe if there was a public movement condoning masked robberies, sure.
Im 100% sure that Mask Robberies happen way more frequently than Antifa Masked assaults....Thus it is a bigger issue...I guess we need a new law to target masked robbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're so dumb you will continue to believe that people have the right or freedom to commit a crime while masked or unmasked. Either that or I am getting 'trolled'.

Crime with a mask is equal to crime without a mask. Yet here you are, saying wearing a piece of clothing should equal 15 extra years, for the same crime. Then you want to talk about how it's easier to identify people without a mask, which is why protesters are wearing mask, to protect themselves from backlash of their political views...... cameras everywhere, pictures all over the web, asshole giving out personal information. Yet, because a few people that haven't even killed anyone, you think everyone should have to risk facing the possibility of 15 years in jail, if they choose to wear a mask at a protest.

Crime with a mask is equal to crime without a mask. Yet here you are, saying wearing a piece of clothing should equal 15 extra years, for the same crime. Then you want to talk about how it's easier to identify people without a mask, which is why protesters are wearing mask, to protect themselves from backlash of their political views...... cameras everywhere, pictures all over the web, asshole giving out personal information. Yet, because a few people that haven't even killed anyone, you think everyone should have to risk facing the possibility of 15 years in jail, if they choose to wear a mask at a protest.
"Why should drunk driving be against the law, there's already laws against driving over people"

"Why should drunk driving be against the law, there's already laws against driving over people"

We should add an extra 15 years if the drunk driver is wearing a mask.......

"Canada. After several high-profile protests, the Canadian Parliament introduced Bill C-309, which bans the wearing of masks during a riot or other unlawful assembly. The bill became law on June 19, 2013. Those convicted of it face up to 10 years in prison"

So, you're implying that the establishment is not very friendly to minorities and very white?
How did you get that from what I said?

I said that members of Antifa are losers who can’t get laid. I also said they are going through or stuck in an anti-establishment phase. It’s not uncommon for young people to do this, although Antifa are extreme examples. And those that stay stuck in this phase are probably mentally ill, developmentally crippled, or otherwise.

I’m also arguing that we don’t need to make a law about these kinds of dweebs. Honestly, even giving these losers a name legitimizes them more than they deserve.

"Canada. After several high-profile protests, the Canadian Parliament introduced Bill C-309, which bans the wearing of masks during a riot or other unlawful assembly. The bill became law on June 19, 2013. Those convicted of it face up to 10 years in prison"

There is similar legislation in Victoria, although I have to say that politically motivated, vaguely worded legislation relies on the good judgement of the enforcing authorities and is ripe for abuse (see the majority of "anti-terrorism" legislation passed).

There is similar legislation in Victoria, although I have to say that politically motivated, vaguely worded legislation relies on the good judgement of the enforcing authorities and is ripe for abuse (see the majority of "anti-terrorism" legislation passed).

Our law for masks came into place after the G20 in 2010.

That G20 was a disgrace. To this day it is a stain on Canadian history and politics. Many disgusting practices came into play. Kettling of protesters for starters was very strange in a city like Toronto. People who happened to be downtown doing nothing but walking around got caught at 'bad' intersections and were walled in and detained. Lot's of illegal strip searches.

It was a mess the city still deals with to this day. This new American law is a remembrance of that. It can be abused so easily.

The problem is, we didn't have Antifa roaming around like they do now. But at the same time, isn't that even worse? We had the 'Black Bloc' around that time, before Antifa made it's way to North America so predominately. The police here used them as a way to introduce their new bill and they did it easily. What's different is Antifa is a lot more wide spread in this day and age compared to the 'Black Bloc'

Antifa in my opinion is leading the way to all kinds of draconian laws. One might argue they have a cause against Trump. Fair enough, but dressing in all black, wearing masks and carrying weapons only helps the powers that be to pass this kind of stuff.

Back