Cristiano Ronaldo leaves Real Madrid, signs with Juventus

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Cristiano Ronaldo is leaving Real Madrid to sign with Italian champions Juventus, both clubs announced on Tuesday.

The reigning Ballon d'Or winner will end his nine-year spell at Real Madrid with a move to Turin following a reported rift with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez over a new contract.

"Real Madrid would like to communicate that we have listened to the wish and request expressed by player Cristiano Ronaldo and have agreed to his transfer to Juventus FC," the Champions League holders said in a statement.

Juventus then confirmed the clubs had agreed on a transfer fee of €100 million (approximately $117 million) -- a Serie A record -- with the Italian club also paying €12 million in ancillary fees to land the 33-year-old Ronaldo, who signed a four-year contract.

Sources confirmed to ESPN's Gabriele Marcotti that Real Madrid were willing to match Juventus' gross salary offer of around €55 million annually (approximately $64.5 million), but Ronaldo still opted to leave.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...o-ronaldo-leaves-real-madrid-to-join-juventus

I think Ronaldo wanted to leave to 1) face newer challenges as a player as he stated, 2) Italy has more lenient taxation laws for foreign athletes (?).

giphy.gif

Ronaldo2_640x345_acf_cropped.jpg

cristiano_ronaldo_shopping1.jpg

2F0E050900000578-0-image-m-24_1449235104464.jpg

Cristiano_Ronaldo_new_2015_campaign.jpg

Never knew Juventud Guerrera owned an Italian soccer team.

Also we have a thread for this ts. Go jerk off to Ronaldo in that one

He's gonna sell a lot of merch.

Ronaldo: I need a new challenge.

2011-2012 Serie A Champions: Juventus
2012-2013 Serie A Champions: Juventus
2013-2014 Serie A Champions: Juventus
2014-2015 Serie A Champions: Juventus
2015-2016 Serie A Champions: Juventus
2016-2017 Serie A Champions: Juventus
2017-2018 Serie A Champions: Juventus

As someone who dislikes Juve but admires Buffon, it would be kinda sad if they finally win the Champions League right after he leaves

What does Juve think they will get? I guess that means no Alvaro Morata. But Alvaro is younger. CR7 is 33. He is washup by Top Flight standards.

I guess Alvaro will get another chance at Premier League, and I think that is good for him. He should challenge himself. I think Chelsea should do Giroud and Morata up front together.

Its funny top flight footballers have shelf life of NFL players. Hockey players have longer shelf life than top flight footballers yet their season is more games in shorter span, and is full contact.

And Fiat workers are going to go on strike over it lol

none of it matters until these guys try their luck in the United States. Those teams couldnt compete with teams like the Houston Dynamo and the Las Vegas Lights

none of it matters until these guys try their luck in the United States. Those teams couldnt compete with teams like the Houston Dynamo and the Las Vegas Lights

Yeah and forget sponsorships from Qatar Airways or Audi when you can get 50% discount on all Reebok items in the U.S.

Yeah and forget sponsorships from Qatar Airways or Audi when you can get 50% discount on all Reebok items in the U.S.
you joke, but i am sure the local car dealers would line up to have him as a spokesman. that could put thousands extra in his pocket

Thats too parochial for Ronaldo. His vision is much greater.

Should have gone to Napoli.

0db75549bb191d02935508fc99e79471--diego-armando-napoli.jpg

I suspect he'll probably do pretty well, won't score as much at Real in a more competitive league but physically he's still in good shape and Seria A does seem often to be kind to older players with the slower play.

You could argue really Juve's desire here is to go for the Champs League and try and position themselves on the level of Barca/Real/PSG/Bayern and the big Prem sides in terms of exposure.

I'm guessing Real will put this cash towards Hazard although it will probably need quite a bit more.

Last edited:
I suspect he'll probably do pretty well, won't score as much at Real in a more competitive league but physically he's still in good shape and Seria A does seem often to be kind to older players with the slower play.

You could argue really Juve's desire here is to go for the Champs League and try and position themselves on the level of Barca/Real/PSG/Bayern and the big Prem sides in terms of exposure.

I'm guessing Real will put this cash towards Hazard although it will probably need quite a bit more.
wait are you saying Serie A is a more competitive league?

wait are you saying Serie A is a more competitive league?

Certainly I think its a league with less scoring potential, Real/Barca typically get 100+ a season even when they don't win the league were as Juve get more like 70 a season.

I would say less quality right at the top in Seria A but a bit more quality/resources going down the league a little so fewer thrashings.

Back