Anybody else think Kobe was better than Johnson?

True is light years beyond Magic Ohnson (no J).

What I know is people forgot about Kobe when he retired, for years it was Kobe vs Lebron, now its Lebron better than Jordan.

Lebron is a better technical and team player than Kobe, Kobe is just a chucker, and ball hog

This is what I disliked about Kobe, he even said I believe when criticized if you had to do it over again and you were triple teamed would you still shoot the ball or pass it to an open guy he said Id still shoot it every time and then he blames everyone else and got rid of all the guys on the Lakers

Kobe has the world record for MOST MISSED shots in the NBA I believe

Magic Johnson is way better, I grew up watching Magic and loved his style of play, fast break down the middle get the hoop to the big man, if Magic career wasn't cut short he would have had more numbers, he played like 10 years got the Aids and then retired.

MAgic was a 6 foot 8 point guard/SG, he was unique he could move so smooth and fast like a little man but he was big, just enjoyed watching him play as a kid fast down the middle always making guys confused.

1980 finals Magic played Center

Id take Jordan, over Kobe, Id take Lebron over Kobe, Id take Magic over Kobe

Lol'ing hard @ this drivel. This posting reads like the incoherent ravings of a common street vagrant. For all your faux fandom it seems like you never really grasped a mechanical understanding of the game.

Anyone who lacks the analytical capacity to understand that True is the most technically complete beautiful game player in the history of this league simply isn't worth listening to.

Kobe was clutch...only in certain times. He was not as efficient as Bird or Magic when it came to scoring. Hell, Bird was way more clutch than Kobe.

The only thing Kobe had over Magic was a better post game. Kobe was a fucking chucker, and too tunnel visioned to see how much of his ball hog tendencies affected his team.

The guy couldn't win a ring without Shaq, and for years after he was a sub 30 winner by himself. Pau comes along, and he wins the title two more times. Please, he's one of the most overrated SG in NBA history. His accomplishments on paper speaks better of him than his actual skills.

Anybody who would choose Magic over Kobe in a must-win game is an absolute idiot.

Ive got Magic ahead of Kobe all time. But not by much

Lol'ing hard @ this drivel. This posting reads like the incoherent ravings of a common street vagrant. For all your faux fandom it seems like you never really grasped a mechanical understanding of the game.

Anyone who lacks the analytical capacity to understand that True is the most technically complete beautiful game player in the history of this league simply isn't worth listening to.

Sounds like a guy trying to be smart.

Player A's best season:

25 ppg on 47/38/74
4rpg
4 apg
1 spg
3 turnovers
55.8% TS
28.3% usage

Player B's best season:

35.4 ppg on 45/34/84
5 rpg
4.5 apg
1 spg
3 turnovers
55.9 TS
38.7% usage

One is Kobrick another is a different sg from the same era. Lol @ Kobrick being in the same convo as Magic when he's slightly better than that other sg

Magic all day
1z4a7lu.gif

Anybody who would choose Magic over Kobe in a must-win game is an absolute idiot.
The most clutch shot he's ever made was against the suns in the first round 2006 play offs. Nada in the finals or anything afterwards.

I could care less about regular season games.

The most clutch shot he's ever made was against the suns in the first round 2006 play offs. Nada in the finals or anything afterwards.

I could care less about regular season games.

Good thing absolutely nobody gives a shit RE: what you care about ROFL.

Kobe was clutch...only in certain times. He was not as efficient as Bird or Magic when it came to scoring. Hell, Bird was way more clutch than Kobe.

The only thing Kobe had over Magic was a better post game. Kobe was a fucking chucker, and too tunnel visioned to see how much of his ball hog tendencies affected his team.

The guy couldn't win a ring without Shaq, and for years after he was a sub 30 winner by himself. Pau comes along, and he wins the title two more times. Please, he's one of the most overrated SG in NBA history. His accomplishments on paper speaks better of him than his actual skills.

LMAO. Imagine having a 15 min highlight of just game winners (probably represent ~5% of truly 'clutch' shots) and being called clutch 'only in certain times.'

At this point it's clearly evident that you've never played the game on any meaningful level. I'm sorry to say (actually I'm not) that we can comfortably throw your 'analysis' out the window. Stick to being a fan of the game.

LMAO. Imagine having a 15 min highlight of just game winners (probably represent ~5% of truly 'clutch' shots) and being called clutch 'only in certain times.'

At this point it's clearly evident that you've never played the game on any meaningful level. I'm sorry to say (actually I'm not) that we can comfortably throw your 'analysis' out the window. Stick to being a fan of the game.

09-10 and 11-12 are seasons where he was truly clutch. Otherwise lmfao his "clutch" TS% is typically lower than his individual season TS%.

09-10 and 11-12 are seasons where he was truly clutch. Otherwise lmfao his "clutch" TS% is typically lower than his individual season TS%.

Lol'ing hard @ these subjective 'clutch stats'. A guy that has clearly never played before somehow bestows upon himself the ability to determine what clutch is? I've truly lived to see it all.

In this laughable analysis hitting a 3 being down 6 points isn't considered 'clutch'. This is why you aren't taken seriously on any level.

This is why the Michael Gallaghers, you, etcs of the world aren't respected on any level when it comes to high level analysis. You've never played before yet you make laughable proclamations that only serve as the veritable laugh track of the discussion you've interjected into.

I'm speaking for everyone when I say we'll go with the reels over a the word couple of guys (you, michael gallagher) who probably shoot/follow through with both hands.

Kobe was better at chucking up as many shots as possible. I know that much.

Didn't Koobs shoot something like 27% on game tying/game winning shots in the last 5 seconds?

lmao

Hey Bobby takes 3 Dicks, when you are THE GUY on the team, the man with the best chance to win the game for you, the guy with the most skill and strongest mentality, your usage is going to be insane, you're going to get double and triple teamed and no-called much more than anyone else.

Phil would never have been like; "Ok, final seconds of the game, let's give the ball to Snaq because he's going to make a incredible shot because he's known for opening up plays using his ball handling skills to create a shot... oh and he's also great at shooting free throws because he's not going to get fouled instantly if the ball is in his hands! Ready! Break!".

The guy with the ball for the big shots was mostly Kobe. Some insane outliers was Fisher and Big Shot Bobert Horry. With that said, Kobe dished dimes to Horry because Kobe's deadliness would draw defenders leaving Whorey open.

Back