Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

The ram is probably the only part I'd upgrade, I'd go to 32gb and at least 3000mhz. But it's really not that noticeable.

not something i can do right away. its just to get her back and running

not something i can do right away. its just to get her back and running

Do what I do, use the ram then when you can afford to upgrade, sell your current ram. Once it sells buy the new ram and post the old ram when it arrives. I'm currently in the process of doing that right now

Memory is a bit cheaper online. 16 gb is fine though. Maybe 2666hz with Intel.

Nice cpu. Id probably bundle it with a cheaper mobo, but that's just me.

You already have an ssd? I forget what broke.

Memory is a bit cheaper online. 16 gb is fine though. Maybe 2666hz with Intel.

Nice cpu. Id probably bundle it with a cheaper mobo, but that's just me.

You already have an ssd? I forget what broke.

no ill be picking one up on that same day

wanna see?

But you know about computers, A lot of miners don't know a damn thing and just bought whatever and run it at stock. Before they realised unless they had an entire factory it was pointless mining with a solo pc.
Depending on your strategy, mining with 5-6 GPUs in a single PC is worth it over the long run. Right now you will basically break even with your electric bill if you cash out each month. But if you hold the coins and prices go up, you stand to make a lot of money. Also, you don't mine BTC directly. You are right in that you need a factory farm to make BTC worth mining. Instead, you mine alt coins, then sell them for BTC or hold them. Its a gamble, but one that pays off. If I had held my coins from when I mined back in 2014 I could have sold them for over $300k. But I took the lower risk and cashed all mine out years ago. It is something I regret every day, and I am looking at starting up another mining rig .

Depending on your strategy, mining with 5-6 GPUs in a single PC is worth it over the long run. Right now you will basically break even with your electric bill if you cash out each month. But if you hold the coins and prices go up, you stand to make a lot of money. Also, you don't mine BTC directly. You are right in that you need a factory farm to make BTC worth mining. Instead, you mine alt coins, then sell them for BTC or hold them. Its a gamble, but one that pays off. If I had held my coins from when I mined back in 2014 I could have sold them for over $300k. But I took the lower risk and cashed all mine out years ago. It is something I regret every day, and I am looking at starting up another mining rig .
I think you let time pass you by, people are getting out of mining like lemmings jumping off cliffs.

But it can be a good thing, you can pick up parts people are dumping lightly used to even new in box at Bargin bin prices, so if you get in at a lower price point and save up coin for an uptick it’s a possible strategy that I’ve started to wonder about.

You regret it? I threw out a harddrive with 1000 bit coins I bought back in 2010 after 50 Cent told me they would be the next big thing. I thew it out because I forgot all about them lmao. Its sad but I find it hard to miss money I never really had.

I think you let time pass you by, people are getting out of mining like lemmings jumping off cliffs.

But it can be a good thing, you can pick up parts people are dumping lightly used to even new in box at Bargin bin prices, so if you get in at a lower price point and save up coin for an uptick it’s a possible strategy that I’ve started to wonder about.
I dumped my mining rigs in 2014 for the same reason people are dumping thjem now. The smart ones stuck to the game and profited over the long term.

I dumped my mining rigs in 2014 for the same reason people are dumping thjem now. The smart ones stuck to the game and profited over the long term.
I'd say the smart ones are the blackmarket steroid dealers who get every payment in BC and have since 2010. They'd be millionaires now.

So I've been out of this for a very long time as far as building(like 486 long time ago lol), so i've been researching some things and have some case questions.

Case 1. This case seems to cover the basics, usb 3.0,external drive bays(for back up hdd swaps for my video editing)
But only 2 fans, might get warm? But budget man is it cheap 22.00 right now on new egg
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...&cm_re=pc_gaming_cases-_-11-353-056-_-Product

DIYPC Solo-T1-R Black USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower

11-353-056_R01.jpg

Case 2. This one has three fans, but only one external 5.25 bay and no internal 5.25 bays(but 3x 3.5's)
Slightly more, but still very "budget" minded at 32.00

DIYPC Alnitak-BK Black USB 3.0 ATX and Micro-ATX Mid
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...&cm_re=pc_gaming_cases-_-11-353-081-_-Product

11-353-081_R01.jpg

Case 3. This case is the highest on the budget list so far, but seems to have alot of options as far as layouts are concerned. Only comes with 2 fans but has many places for more and can support radiators.
Its double the cost of option one, but with more advertised layout options and still not "expensive @ 49.00 its looking like my number 2 choice
Fractal Design Focus G Mystic Red ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...&cm_re=pc_gaming_cases-_-11-352-074-_-Product
11-352-074-V15.jpg

Case 4.This one so far is my favorite, as its very budget minded and seems to have a decent layout 3.0 and 3 fans. External and internal bays and is on sale for 29.00

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...&cm_re=pc_gaming_cases-_-11-353-057-_-Product

11-353-057-01.jpg

Number 5. Just because it "fits the same requirements as 4, but i might bne missing something in the layout of either. And is on sale for 29.00

DIYPC Zondda-O Black USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...&cm_re=pc_gaming_cases-_-11-353-061-_-Product

11-353-061-01.jpg

Anyway these are the cases ive started looking at, and not sure exactly what hold backs each one would have.

Hands down I would go with the Fractal case, the build quality is going to be better. I own this DIY PC case and it's great for the price, but it just feels cheap. The metal is thinner, the plastic feels cheap, and the included fans are garbage. Odds are the rest of their line at that price point will be the same.
I noticed most of your case choices have a fan on the side panel. Is that a feature you're looking for?
The Rosewill Challenger has been touted as the king of the budget cases for years. I own the Challanger, for the money it's great.
The Deepcool Tesseract is another highly touted budget case. I've built in the Tesseract and I had a couple minor complaints, but overall it was good for the price.

Might as well look at a $20 Rosewill case.

Just bought all my new PC parts recently, this is the case I went with, it's a beast.

Image_40_S.jpg

Back