Germans want Donald Trump to pull US troops out of Germany

are they such big trade partners due to the old Prussian relationship? like why Kalinigrad is Russian exclave and seaport and not part of Lithuania or Poland?

huh, then why are they building pipelines to Russia?
They are not there quite yet, so it is cheaper to pump it in.
Thanks to the Coal Lobby, putting people on their payroll as head of the EPA, the US is falling behind in renewable energy resources.
The sooner we get off the oil, the sooner our military quits acting as the Golden Company for the House of Saud.

They are not there quite yet, so it is cheaper to pump it in.
Thanks to the Coal Lobby, putting people on their payroll as head of the EPA, the US is falling behind in renewable energy resources.
The sooner we get off the oil, the sooner our military quits acting as the Golden Company for the House of Saud.
Germany buys coal from Russia too.

I'm OK with that. Germany has Russia on their side anyway. How many millions would we save if we left Germany, I wonder.
Russia already has Germany in their pocket. Weird how everyone else in the world calls US out on Russia but not Germany.

Really telling how you don't even feign to have an interest in facts anymore.

I only flew in to and out of it on the way to Afghanistan. Didn't get to see anything other than the flightline holding area while we changed planse.

Really telling how you don't even feign to have an interest in facts anymore.
Irony meter explodes. And just how long have people been pushing the Trump = Russia narrative? Yet countries that actually benefit from a Russian relationship, we let it pass. Where is the condemnation of Germany?

The next logical step would be to stop sending soldiers to the ME then, amirite?
Lol, that’s even less likely than us closing the bases in Germany. Plus there’s the Ops in Africa and the Baltic states. Hospitals in Germany will be necessary for quite awhile

The 37 % that want us to stay are German women who love American hog

This and this.

I lived there for four years, I never got the sentiment that we were not welcome by any kind of majority.

Our drawdown/movement of forces is not due German influence, its rationale is pure budgeting. That's my take listening to conversations with higher ups.

And the reason why we don't want the US to leave is mainly the economic factor the troops are for the smaller towns.

Well and nukes.

And the reason why we don't want the US to leave is mainly the economic factor the troops are for the smaller towns.

Well and nukes.

The US military in Germany also gave us The Monks :)

Well and nukes.

And the deterrent the US poses would cost hundredths of billions for Germany to even attempt to replicate.

They legitimately cant afford it and maintain their way of life and welfare.

And the deterrent the US poses would cost hundredths of billions for Germany to even attempt to replicate.

They legitimately cant afford it and maintain their way of life and welfare.

no, russia ain't no threat.

Georgia and Ukraine thought the same not to long ago.

doesn't mean I have to buy into this propaganda nonsense the US coming up with. it feels to me like there is a push to closer ties to the gulf states coming from trump, which is the last we should do.

doesn't mean I have to buy into this propaganda nonsense the US coming up with. it feels to me like there is a push to closer ties to the gulf states coming from trump, which is the last we should do.

You don't have to buy into reality no.

are they such big trade partners due to the old Prussian relationship? like why Kalinigrad is Russian exclave and seaport and not part of Lithuania or Poland?

Kaliningrad used to be Königsberg, the major german city in Prussia along with Danzig.
The Kingdom of Prussia and and Russia used to be neighbors and the monarchy was closely related (catherine the great was prussian and married into the russian monarchy)

Polish & Lithuanian territories used to be much smaller and didnt have access to the baltic sea.
The Russians kept Königsberg as a seaport close to western europe.

Heres a CDU election poster in 1947 against the Oder-Neiße Line and the loss of the Prussian,Silesian and pommeranian territories.

KAS-Oder-Neisse-Linie-Bild-5870-3.jpg

You don't have to buy into reality no.

I see what reality does to the middle east and lybia, rather have biusness ties with russia than buying into the neocon politics. the US needs russia as spacegoat, we don't.

Back