Early UFC 226 pay-per-view estimates are under 400,000 buys

And how would you do that?
How can you attract the younger segment?

Not my wheelhouse or age group, but there is nothing exciting about the presentation that UFC presents.
when the new TV deals were being discussed I hoped that whomever got the rights would take over production.

Without younger audiences/viewers the sport (not just UFC) will have a tougher & tougher time moving forward.

More promotion on social media (not fighters acting like schoolgirls, but actual promotion).
Social media engagement, things like that can possibly help.

How would you cater to younger audiences. Serious question. Also don't you think that main and co main events falling through on literally every card nowadays play a role in that?

1st part I did my best to answer in my last post (or non answer)
And the cancellations of fights definitely hurt because it just cast negativity around the genre.
But 2014 was a horrible year for fighters dropping out & 2015 & 2016 killed it with numbers.
So history proved that can turn around

When the other title fight was called off i'd wager 100k people went from 'maybe buy' to 'watch for free'. Regardless, this stupid and outdated PPV model needs to die. Switch to WWE's model where you get all the events on Fight Pass at a big discount, tons of people staying subbed to fightpass year-round = greater revenue over time than just having a few big PPVs a year.

Without younger audiences/viewers the sport (not just UFC) will have a tougher & tougher time moving forward.

More promotion on social media (not fighters acting like schoolgirls, but actual promotion).
Social media engagement, things like that can possibly help.

Any sports DO succeed in this?

didn't think it was bad. in this day and age you can't sell well anyway unless you're a big draw

They definitely have to switch from the ppv model to free tv in my opinion. Save the ppvs for cards that have GSP, Conor, Jones or Brock on it.

Any sports DO succeed in this?

WWE has used social media incredibly.

Other sports get younger audiences by having them play & participate in schools.
MMA doesn't have that luxury sadly so they need to think "outside the box"

The big MMA boom in the zero's were a lot of 20-somethings that thought MMA was hipper than WWE.
Add that to the "newness" of a newer sport & UFC became the cool sport to follow.

Conor & Ronda appealed to that group.
Ronda with the female empowerment & Conor with his antics, but UFC couldn't keep a lot of the fans interested in the rest.
When Brock was a crossover, they kept a lot of fans.

Out of curiosity, how much does the PPV cost in the US? If it has risen the past couple of years could that explain?
Personally, I get UFC included in the Viaplay package with NHL and other sports.

Out of curiosity, how much does the PPV cost in the US? If it has risen the past couple of years could that explain?
Personally, I get UFC included in the Viaplay package with NHL and other sports.

It went from $60 to $65
But that is not a major part of it
The TV ratings have gone down as well.
Just less MMA fans now that there used to be

Not even UFC 203 with CM Punk did that good. 450k. And it was Reem vs Stipe, many thought Reem will KO Stipe.
And 225 with Punk did worse.

For the first Punk fight there was actually a lot of genuine interest from WWE fans. Not Brock level, but a piece of that. By his second fight that pretty much all disappeared.

WWE has used social media incredibly.

Other sports get younger audiences by having them play & participate in schools.
MMA doesn't have that luxury sadly so they need to think "outside the box"

The big MMA boom in the zero's were a lot of 20-somethings that thought MMA was hipper than WWE.
Add that to the "newness" of a newer sport & UFC became the cool sport to follow.

It won't work now at all, will it?
WWE today , AFAIK, is for kids only - not for teenagers. And kids, honestly, should not even follow something like MMA.

Conor & Ronda appealed to that group.
Ronda with the female empowerment & Conor with his antics, but UFC couldn't keep a lot of the fans interested in the rest.

Here I really think you're wrong.
Ronda and Conor appealed to a huge audience that is exposed to MAJOR social media - 9gag, reddit, memes, big TV shows. These two clicked with the major audience, unrelated to MMA even - and that's exactly why their interest does not project to other PPVs.

For the first Punk fight there was actually a lot of genuine interest from WWE fans. Not Brock level, but a piece of that. By his second fight that pretty much all disappeared.

Yep
Punk was credited with 150k in buys
Last fight he helped sell the venue out (Chicago) but maybe meant 25k in PPV

It won't work now at all, will it?
WWE today , AFAIK, is for kids only - not for teenagers. And kids, honestly, should not even follow something like MMA.

WWE has never had less kid viewers in history as they do today

the-joke-you-31838472.png
Lmao you're the one that doesn't get it

Here I really think you're wrong.
Ronda and Conor appealed to a huge audience that is exposed to MAJOR social media - 9gag, reddit, memes, big TV shows. These two clicked with the major audience, unrelated to MMA even - and that's exactly why their interest does not project to other PPVs.

You said I was wrong but then backed up my point?

You smoking the funny stuff?

Lmao you're the one that doesn't get it

Witcher, you have a problem with "But that Ngannou - Lewis fight was so exciting. Why would someone want to miss that?"

English is not my primary language, so maybe it's my fault, but it was meant as a joke. I know the people buy the PPV before the fight.

WWE has never had less kid viewers in history as they do today

Oh really? Weird. I thrown a glimpse into Raw once (a year ago?) and it looked really childish and gullible.
How come it appeals to grown ups? What kid of grown ups are they? I remember myself being around...13?... in the middle of 90s, growing tired of WWF circus - but then I was saved by Stone Cold Steve Austin and gave it another couple of years. Today it's even worse than pre-Stone Cold.

You said I was wrong but then backed up my point?

You smoking the funny stuff?

You said that Conor and Ronda appealed to "cooler than WWE" audience.
I say they appealed to "these are cool guys, everyone's talking about them, I'll follow their deeds" audience.

Witcher, you have a problem with "But that Ngannou - Lewis fight was so exciting. Why would someone want to miss that?"

English is not my primary language, so maybe it's my fault, but it was meant as a joke. I know the people buy the PPV before the fight.
I understand the joke you were making but it didnt quite fit the context of the thread. Im sorry for calling you a spud youre a good bloke

Back