DC: "I will fight Shogun, then I will fight Brock Lesnar"

who wins

• Total voters
Nah I don't. But you've been wrong about everything else you've posted in this thread, so why not be wrong about that too?

Shogun entered the UFC in early 09, Gus late 09. Shogun has 17 fights in the UFC, Gus 14.

Since their fight in 2012 Shogun has fought more.

And there is that thing that really stings-- Shogun has been a champ in both premiere leagues he fought in. Gus, always the bridesmade.

Anything else, half-filled tattoo boy?

Shogun entered the UFC in early 09, Gus late 09. Shogun has 17 fights in the UFC, Gus 14.

Since their fight in 2012 Shogun has fought more.

And there is that thing that really stings-- Shogun has been a champ in both premiere leagues he fought in. Gus, always the bridesmade.

Anything else, half-filled tattoo boy?

Lol we’ve seen Gus more recently and more often than Shogun, yet it’s Gus who’s inactive.

But yeah, Shogun went through a stretch where he fought a bunch. How’d that work out for him? Oh he got KO’d by a a 44 year old, choked out by a MW and KO’d by a journey man. So gtfo out of here with bullshit about Shogun deserving the title more than Gus.

Sad how low Shogun fans have stooped when they think a hometown decision over Corey Anderson and beating Chris Weidman’s heavy bag merits a title shot.

Gus mops the floor with any version of Shogun.

I see Shogun getting the Hendo treatment, but it looking worse. Hendo at least demonstrated some semblance of grappling defense. Cormier can just sit on Shogun...

Lol we’ve seen Gus more recently and more often than Shogun, yet it’s Gus who’s inactive.

But yeah, Shogun went through a stretch where he fought a bunch. How’d that work out for him? Oh he got KO’d by a a 44 year old, choked out by a MW and KO’d by a journey man. So gtfo out of here with bullshit about Shogun deserving the title more than Gus.

Sad how low Shogun fans have stooped when they think a hometown decision over Corey Anderson and beating Chris Weidman’s heavy bag merits a title shot.

Gus mops the floor with any version of Shogun.

Um I never once said Shogun deserved it more lol, that's a straw man.

And also, they fought. Shogun was far past his prime and Gus didn't do anything remotely resembling "mopping the floor" with him. In fact, Shogun landed the best punch in the fight.

Fail again, fail harder. A 36 year old with no knees, fighting for 16 years, is more active in the UFC than a 31 year old who is 10 years in.

Fail again, fail harder. Another empty triangle tattoo for you, fanboi.

Um I never once said Shogun deserved it more lol, that's a straw man.

And also, they fought. Shogun was far past his prime and Gus didn't do anything remotely resembling "mopping the floor" with him. In fact, Shogun landed the best punch in the fight.

Fail again, fail harder. A 36 year old with no knees, fighting for 16 years, is more active in the UFC than a 31 year old who is 10 years in.

Fail again, fail harder. Another empty triangle tattoo for you, fanboi.

Haha, if you don't think that Shogun deserves it more than Gus, what are you arguing? Why even compare Gus to Shogun if you weren't saying that he deserved it more? You don't have a fucking point in this conversation.

Name a LHW with a better argument to fight next. He beats Volkan and he's on a 3 fight winning streak with wins over the #2, #3 and #5 ranked LHWs, in addition to a close split decision loss to DC. Name a LHW who deserves it more. If you can't name anyone, then just shut the fuck up.

Haha, if you don't think that Shogun deserves it more than Gus, what are you arguing? Why even compare Gus to Shogun if you weren't saying that he deserved it more? You don't have a fucking point in this conversation.

Name a LHW with a better argument to fight next. He beats Volkan and he's on a 3 fight winning streak with wins over the #2, #3 and #5 ranked LHWs, in addition to a close split decision loss to DC. Name a LHW who deserves it more. If you can't name anyone, then just shut the fuck up.

It's not that Gus isn't a top guy, fanboi. Again, you're inventing an argument I'm not making. That's a Straw Man Fallacy.

It's that every time the LHW champ fights, here goes Gussy Boi to Twitter to run his mouth, here goes his delusional nuthuggers to Sherdog to proclaim him the uncrowned king.

Gus's best wins are two losses. It's pathetic that you (and him) cling to that like those buffalo with the shit clinging on their ass hairs.

"FIGHT ME OR VACATE" says the guy who has had two chances and a title shot eliminator and he blew all three.

I mean, 2 minutes into the fight in his home country after he eyepoked his opponent for what, the 16th time in his UFC career?

Does anyone know when the hell Jon Jones Court date is? I feel like we should wait till then....

It's not that Gus isn't a top guy, fanboi. Again, you're inventing an argument I'm not making. That's a Straw Man Fallacy.

It's that every time the LHW champ fights, here goes Gussy Boi to Twitter to run his mouth, here goes his delusional nuthuggers to Sherdog to proclaim him the uncrowned king.

Gus's best wins are two losses. It's pathetic that you (and him) cling to that like those buffalo with the shit clinging on their ass hairs.

"FIGHT ME OR VACATE" says the guy who has had two chances and a title shot eliminator and he blew all three.

I mean, 2 minutes into the fight in his home country after he eyepoked his opponent for what, the 16th time in his UFC career?

Okay, so you don’t think Gus deserves a title shot, tell me who does. If you can’t give the name of a guy who deserves it more, stop acting like Gus fucked your girlfriend.

You say that Gus doesn’t deserve it? Okay. Go ahead and say who deserves it more instead of crying about it like a woman.

Last edited:
Brock entered the testing pool in July and won't be cleared by USADA to fight in 2018.

This is the only way DC defends both belts before retiring. If DC gets lucky and Shogun wins his next bout, I could see a late 2018 LHW defense and a Superbowl weekend defense vs Bork.

There is no way DC defends the LHW belt against anyone else for obvious reasons of risk vs reward. In that case, I bet he drops the belt shortly after Shogun's fight.

Interesting how so many are concerned about DC's health cutting back down to LHW.

Fuck it I say.

AFAIC, if DC wants to keep both titles, he jolly well be defending in both weight classes, otherwise vacate.

Either cut back down and defend or willingly vacate and stay at HW. Either way is more respectable than refusing to defend while refusing to vacate.

Honestly it's a good idea.

Easy fights for Daniel..

But there's no chance any hardcore mma fan skips a Shogun title shot. I would definitely watch. Shogun is a warrior and he'll go out on his shield.

Also Brock vs DC would be a massive draw. Despite it being a freak show fight, we will all definitely watch.

DC is great and deserves to fight Brock for a big payday but this Shogun fight is bs. Please fight somebody relevant and don't go down the Bisping route.

I don't get why people are upset at "the Bisping route"

Bisping v Hendo 2 and v GSP were great matchups. It isn't like Romero would have made weight anyhoo.

Okay, so you don’t think Gus deserves a title shot, tell me who does. If you can’t give the name of a guy who deserves it more, stop acting like Gus fucked your girlfriend.

You say that Gus doesn’t deserve it? Okay. Go ahead and say who deserves it more instead of crying about it like a woman.

Again, straw man fallacy. It's like you can't even read or form a proper argument.

Please show me where I said Gus doesn't deserve it.

The fact that he does shows how shitty the LHW division is.

I'm in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. Just stop replying, you're doing it badly.

DC fans who cried about Conor and Bisping will defend this decision.

Don’t get why people’s are so pissed.
At this point in time Shogun have a slight chance to win and it is an relatively ease but very relevant fight for DC to give a final touch to his LHW reign and then do the freak show with Bork Lazer.
And also is a good last hooray to Shogun at the tittle against a great champion.
Its a no loser situation for both fighters.
DC beat almost everybody in his WC and those who he didn’t beat yet or are calling for a rematch are in no position for a match with him right now.

Back