Costa wants to fight Weidman in NYC

He don't want any of Israel

tenor.gif

He's made a career out of beating the shit out of juiced up Brazilians.
Yeah right
He beat old and slow versions of Brazilian fighters. TRT Vitor would have murdered him r1. Watch again

Huge puncher against a dude who has faded quickly and takes strikes worse than any fighter I can think of. I got to go with Costa. Unless Weidman has the sense to take him down ASAP.

Weidman will a) never accept the fight, and b) if he does, pull out of it, and wait another year for his "deserved" title shot while the rest of the division kills eachother.

Let's go Chris..

Also was up with Chris getting them jacked guys in NY.

<StillMyBoy>

Really interested in this fight. Hopefully Weidman takes it, there's not much else out there for him. He's mentioned wanting to rematch Yoel or Rockhold since Gastelum's getting the title shot but both of those guys seem destined for LHW and Jacare's mentioned wanting Branch. Damn, the MW division's starting to look weak. The Mousassi debacle was a bad mistake on UFC's behalf.

Weidman will a) never accept the fight, and b) if he does, pull out of it, and wait another year for his "deserved" title shot while the rest of the division kills eachother.

Look at the names he has fought. You're really trying to say that he would duck COSTA and wait for a title shot instead?

[<dunn]

Look at the names he has fought. You're really trying to say that he would duck COSTA and wait for a title shot instead?

[<dunn]
I think he would indeed prefer to wait for a title shot. He can rehab the injury for another 5 months, and if Gastelum manages to beat Whittaker, he can use the " I was the last man to beat him, I deserve the shot." I don't think he's ready to fight for a while, to be honest. I can't imagine that the UFC did not offer him the TUF coaching spot against Whittaker, purely due to the fact that he would draw more eyeballs; imagine him bringing Serra and/or Longo along too.

Fan of both fighters, but Weidman has looked so post prime and beatable lately it’s hard for me to favor him in this fight. Huge step up in competition for Costa, but I think he gets it done in explosive fashion.

Dont wanna see that. Chris is still my boy.

Costa tends to start out slow. If Weidman can establish range and work he’s wrestling early that will be good. He needs a quick finish. Because if Costa is around by the 2nd he will beat the piss out Weidman

And this is a much better fight then Israel. I hate fights between two hot prospects. Start clearing out the dead weight at the top. Guys like Weidman and Jacare need to be tests now

It would be a great fight. I still would give the edge to Weidman. Costa's cardio has been overrated on Sherdog. His best assets IMO is his flurry of combos from the inside. I don't think he has the power to put Weidman away in one shot. Weidman survived a pretty hard shot from Kelvin and been hit with some heavy shots throughout his career. The Chris will take him down and beat him up for 2 rounds.

Back