Do you think Paulo Costa can get over Israel's height and reach?

GrapeJuiceMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean the guy has a 72inch reach for a 6foot1 frame... Same stats as Jacare..

When on the outside he throws very heavy kicks to the body usually and sometimes some nice headkicks... But when he gets inside and gets you to the fence... The guy is lightening fast with powerful bombs.. Although they arent like ONE PUNCH knockout power.. The other guy is covering up though so yeah..

He had Hall against the fence and he just UNLOADED.. Rogan was like amazed, "MAN this guy can CRACK!"

I know he beat Hall who had a huge reach advantage but Hall was the same height as him..

Thoughts on Costa vs Israel? can he overcome the height difference as well as the reach difference?

He was getting lit up with those jabs... And he doesn't really block straights good.. He just puts his forearms in front of his face but doesn't do the Rampage Jackson Elbow deflection thing.. He just keeps his forearms together and the Straights go through...

Thoughts?

I mean the guy has a 72inch reach for a 6foot frame... Same stats as Jacare..

When throws very heavy kicks to the body usually and sometimes some nice headkicks... But when he gets inside and gets you to the fence... The guy is lightening fast with powerful bombs.. Although they arent like ONE PUNCH knockout power.. The other guy is covering up though so yeah..

He had Hall against the fence and he just UNLOADED.. Rogan was like amazed, "MAN this guy can CRACK!"

I know he beat Hall who had a huge reach advantage but Hall was the same height as him..

Thoughts on Costa vs Israel? can he overcome the height difference as well as the reach difference?

He was getting lit up with those jabs... And he doesn't really block straights good.. He just puts his forearms in front of his face but doesn't do the Rampage Jackson Elbow deflection thing.. He just keeps his forearms together and the Straights go through...

Thoughts?

I think the main reason he beat Hall is Hall's mindset.
Hall did not commit to his strikes, he did not have bad intentions, he went back instead of going forward.
And the finishing strikes just made Hall crumble - that's why the fight stopped. He didn't try to overcome and fight back.

Hall had tools to beat Costa, but he needs a sports psychologist.
Adesanya will pick Costa apart - especially after showing EXCELLENT takedown defense.

I think the main reason he beat Hall is Hall's mindset.
Hall did not commit to his strikes, he did not have bad intentions, he went back instead of going forward.
And the finishing strikes just made Hall crumble - that's why the fight stopped. He didn't try to overcome and fight back.

Hall had tools to beat Costa, but he needs a sports psychologist.
Adesanya will pick Costa apart - especially after showing EXCELLENT takedown defense.

Interesting. Ima be voting for Costa. I think he gets it done also

It depends on his strategy. What I see a lot of smaller fighters that lose against longer fighters is they stay on the outside and get eaten alive by leg kicks and straight jobs. If he aggressively closes the distance, he can do well.

Yes, but Iraq is too much for him

Can Israel fend off the nut shots and eye pokes?

Eyepokes? Tried to be funny ay? Thats Dc and jones mate

He eye poked too. During the fight with Hall even the ref said he nut shotted him twice (while it was actually 3 times) and eye poked once, and still he didn't deduct a point or anything.

A terrible attempt at a tasteless joke .... typical Sherjabroni ......
What is tasteless about it? I could have said any country in the world. Just chose Iraq this time. It could have been Finland, Columbia, South Korea, Switzerland, Latvia or Ghana. Maybe a bad joke but not a tasteless one.

It's just a matter of time before USADA catches up on whatever it is Paulo Costa injects into his body. There's no chance in hell that he's clean.

I don't think Costa will be able to win this one by marching forward and throwing bombs. Izzy is more technical and will make him miss.

He'll march forward through the straights and goes Cyborg on Ade against the cage. Then we'll talk about how shitty of a striker Israel is.

Very intriguing match-up. Ade is much more technical, and can outpoint Costa to a decision.

But my gut feeling is that, just like it's a matter of time until USADA catches Costa, it's just a matter of time till Costa catches Ade.

Costa by 2nd round K.O.

I need to see this. What a fight!

He showed a bad boxing defense against Hall. Let's just leave it at that.

Lol Paulo Costa would get erased by Adesanya.

Fight is not gonna happen. Dana already implied he didn't wanna kill 2 hot commodities in one fight

Back