MMA Hour: DC feels better at HW, faster and avoid brutal weight cut

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

9721458_web1_ufc-214-weigh-ins_072817ev_001.jpg

“I felt like I was faster, because at 205, I think my speed, it doesn’t jump out at you as much because all of these guys that I fight are pretty fast. So I think I felt faster, I think I felt faster at heavyweight, and then just not having to do that weight cut, it makes such a big deal, man. That weight cut can really, really — it can really brutalize you.

Without the weight cut I was so excited, man. I was in the back trying to contain myself. Like, how do I stay the course and not put myself in the fight too early, because without having to worry about the weight management, now I have all this time to think about the fight, and I do a lot of visualization and stuff.

So it’s like, when I visualize, I’m like, ‘Wow, I could go and just fight right now. I don’t have to cut any weight. How do I monitor myself and manage my energy in regards to the fight?’ I can’t get too excited, so I was really trying to peel myself back a lot. I was trying to peel myself back a lot when it came to thinking about the fight.”

///

I have always said that DC is better at HW and should have stayed there. Hopefully he vacates the LHW belt at this point.

It's only brutal because he can't take the effort to reduce his body fat percentage.

He may FEEL better but he can't bend over and tie his shoes. Nor can he look down and even SEE his feet. That's NOT the mark of an athlete.

Back