EXTINCTION on Netflix (Premieres July 27, 2018)

Hmmm, no billing for MIke Colter? How long was this one in the can?

Netflix does wayyyy better with shows than movies. I'll probably watch though, 2 hours ain't gona hurt nothing if it sucks. I stare at walls longer than that.

If an alien race had the technology required for intergalactic travel, wouldn't they be able to conquer the earth with absolute ease?

They would be so much more advanced than us it would be incomprehensible.

If an alien race had the technology required for intergalactic travel, wouldn't they be able to conquer the earth with absolute ease?

Yes. We had better hope they are enlightened pacifists if they arrive.

But even still, if they were enlightened pacifists we humans would see that as weakness and attack them and try to capture and control them so we would still end up fucked.

Hopefully it's not Cloverfield 3 in disguise, but I'll give it a try. I got duped so bad on CF2.

Looks like a much more boring version of Edge of Tomorrow, another Netflixs film I'll not be bothering with.

Michael Peña Fights an Alien Invasion in the Trailer for EXTINCTION

A father has a recurring dream of losing his family. His nightmare turns into reality when the planet is invaded by a force bent on destruction. Now, fighting for their lives, he comes to realize an unknown strength to keep them safe from harm. Starring Michael Peña, Lizzy Caplan and Mike Colter. Extinction premieres July 27, only on Netflix

<mma4>

Not necessarily. I read a series of books once where the aliens probes took pictures of us in the Middle Ages and they assumed they were going to be invading a planet full of swords and bow and arrows. It turns out that humans advance much faster than they do because they value stability and take things slow. However, humans are erratic and just do crazy, irresponsibly risky shit and so we progress really fast in technology. So, they send an invasion force capable of conquering Medieval Earth. It gets here during WW II when we have planes and nukes. They can't just nuke us into submission because that would also kill off all the other life on Earth and they have to have a planet worth colonizing. So we put up a good fight and the books pretty cool.

517KhsUNH3L._SX295_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51mkm%2BaMHwL._SX301_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51AyOfji1UL.jpg

Last edited:
Expectations are low. Netflix is batting like a buck fiddy with original flicks.

Not necessarily. I read a series of books once where the aliens probes took pictures of us in the Middle Ages and they assumed they were going to be invading a planet full of swords and bow and arrows. It turns out that humans advance much faster than they do because they value stability and take things slow. However, humans are erratic and just do crazy, irresponsibly risky shit and so we progress really fast in technology. So, they send a small invasion force capable of conquering Medieval Earth. It gets here during WW II when we have planes and nukes. They can't just nuke us into submission because that would also kill off all the other life on Earth and they have to have a planet worth colonizing. So we put up a good fight and the books pretty cool.

517KhsUNH3L._SX295_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51mkm%2BaMHwL._SX301_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51AyOfji1UL.jpg

Sounds like a good story. I like the explanation for why they underestimated us makes complete sense. I also thought World War Z (with Cruise) did a good job in explaining how we won the war.

And of course the God-Emperor was right: this is why we need a Space Force:)

Sounds like a good story. I like the explanation for why they underestimated us makes complete sense. I also thought World War Z (with Cruise) did a good job in explaining how we won the war.
The followup series deals with a world after WW II that's half colonized by the aliens and the other half with a Nazi German Reich, the USSR, the Japanese empire, the USA, Canada and the UK -- the politics of that world and what happens when humans develop interstellar flight technology capable of reaching the aliens' home planet

That was War of the Worlds, WWZ was with Brad Pitt., Zombie flick

I loved War of The Worlds, Cruise was awesome in it. He's nuts, but I love his films. Best scene IMO

I didn't like the explanation though

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the aliens ultimately lose the war because of the bacteria native to us and our planet. You'd think the Aliens would know to wear a suit.

That was War of the Worlds, WWZ was with Brad Pitt., Zombie flick

I loved War of The Worlds, Cruise was awesome in it. He's nuts, but I love his films. Best scene IMO

I didn't like the explanation though

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the aliens ultimately lose the war because of the bacteria native to us and our planet. You'd think the Aliens would know to wear a suit.

Oh your right got them mixed up. Yea I like Cruise in a lot of his movies crazy guy but great actor. They were Terraforming our world so once it was terraformed enough they would come out not afraid of anything. I assumed they underestimated a common viruses ability to survive their terraforming.

Depends what kind of society/species they were. It's not a given that they would come from somewhere that required weaponry. They might not even know what violence and death is. Anything is possible when you're talking about intergalactic species'.

Back