I find it odd there are not more hype around Dominick Ryes.

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I made a thread awhile ago asking how you think Jones vs Reyes match up would go, and it got deleted quickly because apparently some mod thought it was too ridiculous question to even ask. Dont understand, have you seen the guy fight? He has all time great potential at LHW, imo. The best prospect by far the LHW has seen in years.

9-0 (3-0 in the UFC), hes only good win is Cannonier so far, but he made it look easy.

Dominick-Reyes-dropped-and-finished-Joachim-Christensen-with-a-BIG-LLC-and-STN-GNP-R1-.gif

DefensiveDelayedGander-size_restricted.gif

I say you can match him up already vs top5, he is ready.

Last edited:
Even though LHW is shallow, I think you want to build him up slower than top 5. Just for the sake of the thin division.

But yeah, I do agree that there's shockingly little hype around him. I'm excited to see what he can do, and happy LHW has a new face.

There's a flurry of hype just after he fights and then — zip. It is odd. But the UFC meat grinder keeps churning on, our attentions get turned to the next card, and it's hard for someone to keep sticking out in our memory unless they make an effort to do it in ways outside the Octagon. I hate that aspect of the sport, but I won't dispute its effectiveness.

Is

Looking forward to his next fight.

I didn't know about him, but he looks great. Thanks for the heads up, ts. I'm always down to get hyped about an undefeated finisher.

The kid is a fucking beast, saw him in LFA and knew he was headed to the top. Build him up a little to get some hype behind him, id say 2 top 10 fights, then a top 5, then we can start talking title shots. Who knows what the division will look like by then though. DC will be gone, who knows what'll happen to Jones and gustaffson, shogun and glover will probably be gone. Reyes could be defending against latifi, blachowitz and Cory Anderson lol

I predict he's going to be a terrible grappler.

Had my eye on him for a while made a thread about him actually too. I was saying he’s ready for a top 10 but everyone disagreed with me.

Ever since I saw him run through that can in 20 seconds in his debut I've been big on him. Might be the most technical striker in the division at the moment and he's competent on the ground.

His last fight before the Cannonier fight was an RNC finish after a takedown and back take.
You're like the people that said Francis Ngannou must be a great grappler because he beast-moded a standing kimura on Anthony Hamilton.
We haven't seen more than 30 seconds of grappling from Reyes yet, and the first time he ever trained both wrestling and BJJ was 4 years ago.

He's pretty much the only hope for the divison. I just hope they don't rush with him and feed him to the wolves too soon, even in the shitty LHW divison. I would like to see him fight atleast 2 easier fights before they match him up with the divison's top 5. Maybe give him Alvey next.

He's pretty much the only hope for the divison. I just hope they don't rush with him and feed him to the wolves too soon, even in the shitty LHW divison. I would like to see him fight atleast 2 easier fights before they match him up with the divison's top 5. Maybe give him Alvey next.

He already beat Cannonier a lot more easier than Jan B and Glover. Lets see him vs around top5 guys, I predict he destroys them. Only fights too tough for him now is probably Gus and maybe Volkan.

Agreed TS he's definitely one of the more promising prospects at LHW, perhaps the only promising prospect in fact. I think his next fight should be Blachowicz or Alvey.

I see a lot of potential in him, but I definitely want to see him get brought up slowly. He's still developing. Not sure he's ready for top 5 but I can see him being ready in 2-3 years. He's a bad man.

There's no hype because people around here only pay attention to prospects the ufc tells them to.

I've had my eye on him since his head kick in lfa, dude has massive skills in all areas with a perfect frame for the weight class. He'll be in a title fight within the next 2-3 years

First saw him in his UFC debut and it was impressive. He has all the physical attributes to be a great fighter. He showed that he has the skills to finish a journeyman.

He’ll get a slight step up.

Back