LUKE CAGE Season 2 ( Cancelled After Two Seasons)

If you have seen LUKE CAGE season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
understanding the Jamaicans this season was tough I had to pay close attention everytime they talked that was thick accent.

I hate subtitles being on but I had to turn them on it was just getting to hard.

the writing on Daredevil is EXPONENTIALLY leaps and bounds above the writing on Luke Cage, Iron Fist, or JJ

it's astonishing really

understanding the Jamaicans this season was tough I had to pay close attention everytime they talked that was thick accent.
I love patois so hearing it on screen plus reading subs was cool. Listening to Ska, reggae, dance hall, and ragga over the years finally paid off!

Fuuuck that would have been dope. No disrespect to Alfre Woodard, she ended up becoming a pretty evil bitch by the end of it.

Bushmaster and the Jamaicans made me enjoy the show even when it was obvious they were stretching 10 episodes of content into 13 episodes. Still, a marked improvement over S1.

I kind of liked Claire not being around, even though I like Rosario. Luke Cage doesn't need his balls in a purse. Plus he should be out smashing like crazy (thought for a second they were going to go that way with Tilda)
True I think Alfre probably is the better villian compared to Pam. If Pam was in that role instead, it would have maybe add a little more credibility in Shades being in the relationship with Mariah for both power and pussy. Instead I would venture most people probably assumed he was in it to be in a good position of power.

True I think Alfre probably is the better villian compared to Pam. If Pam was in that role instead, it would have maybe add a little more credibility in Shades being in the relationship with Mariah for both power and pussy. Instead I would venture most people probably assumed he was in it to be in a good position of power.
I'm not sure why people are questioning the "chemistry" on the relationship. Shades was on the down low anyway, his proclivities weren't exactly mainstream.

I'm not sure why people are questioning the "chemistry" on the relationship. Shades was on the down low anyway, his proclivities weren't exactly mainstream.
I didn't get that vibe that he was on the down low. Are you basing that on Mariahs comment?

Im on episode 8 now .
It has picked up. It's not great, but im not.falling asleep anymore.
The soundtrack really is great though. But they rely on music WAY too much.

Dont you have things to do? You waiting 8 episodes and your not falling asleep anymore? I give a show 2 episodes max to reel me in... and that's pushing it.

I struggled through most of the first four episodes with the highlights being the music. The scenes in the club with the sound check’s or live music were fantastic. Once they started fleshing out Bushmaster more it really grabbed me but it still suffers from what other Netflix series do. It’s too long, episodes would be better off shorter or only 9-10 episodes at most per season.

Just finished episode 3. If it hadn't been for Bushmaster, I'd have tapped out by now.

I actually fell asleep during the argument between Luke and Clair!

This season is worst than Iron Fist. It's so fucking slow and monotonous. It could've been 6 episodes.

that KRS one performance was fire yo.

simone missick and gabriel dennis were bonertastic this season. theo rossi has a hilarious voice.

misty-knight-luke-cage.jpg

MV5BMTUzNDUyMTc0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTEzNDY3NzE@._V1_UY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

gabrielle-dennis-at-luke-cage-series-premiere-in-new-york-2018-06-21-01.jpg

This season is worst than Iron Fist. It's so fucking slow and monotonous. It could've been 6 episodes.
I agree that it could of been maybe 6-8 episodes but Iron fist is still the worst.

Resurrecting this thread just to say how shitty this show is. I made it 2 episodes this latest season, and I'm out. Like last season, the acting was wooden and they seem.... to drag out...every...sentence. I had high hopes for Bushmaster too.

But that scene where he's trying out for Todd Bowles, running and shit...easily the cringiest thing Marvel has ever done. The fuck was the point of that scene? The ESPN personalities? "Oh my god, a human shouldn't be able to do that."

New cop is hot though...

End of rant.

This season was so inconsistent. Lots of highs and lows:

Lows:
Too long
Pointless plot lines (Luke getting sued)
Forced drama (Claire)

Highs:
Good music
Bushmaster was cool, especially as more of an antihero than a villain
Interesting developments of Shades and Mariah’s characters
Couple of cool team up scenes (Luke with Danny, Luke with Bushmaster)

While overall it was kind of a weak season I’d say that second last episode was probably my favourite episode of the series so far (Luke teaming up with Bushmaster, Shades spilling his guts to the cops, KRS One’s performance, final battle between Bushmaster vs everyone at the club)

RIP Luke Cage.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/sweet-chris...st-canceled-luke-1829877117?rev=1540002476297

Sweet Christmas, Netflix and Marvel Just Canceled Luke Cage, Too
fbzn0cjforahg12jemvh.png

Showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker and Mike Colter, the Power Man himself, filming Luke Cage’s second season.
Photo: David Lee (Netflix)
Just a week after it shockingly put an end to Iron Fist after a promising second season, Netflix and Marvel have pulled the plug on another of their superhero shows. The streaming service has confirmed that after two seasons, Luke Cage is canceled.

Deadline has this joint statement from Netflix and Marvel tonight:

Unfortunately, Marvel’s Luke Cage will not return for a third season. Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is grateful to the dedicated showrunner, writers, cast and crew who brought Harlem’s Hero to life for the past two seasons, and to all the fans who have supported the series.”

The move is another surprising one for the companies, given that Luke Cage was, like Iron Fist before it, setting up some very intriguing moves for a third season that, up until today, felt all but guaranteed. Especially in a world where Netflix proudly championed its stable of Marvel series as something that would continue to thrive in a post-Disney streaming service future.

This past July, Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos assuaged investors in interviews for Netflix’s Q2 earnings report that the future of its Marvel shows was bright despite the Disney/Fox merger—comments that resurfaced online this week (via Inverse) after the cancelation of Iron Fist last week. Sarandos said:

Those shows are for us to cancel. And we’re super happy with their performance so far.

But now that Luke Cage has also gotten the ax, I’m sure the investors will have more specific questions next time around.

Time will tell what’s in store for the remaining Marvel shows in Netflix’s roster—Daredevil, which just debuted its third season; and Jessica Jones, which just lost its showrunner, Melissa Rosenberg, in August after she signed a new deal with Warner Bros. TV. The team-up series The Defenders never received an official cancelation, however; some sites reported the Facebook page for that show was recently rebranded by Netflix to a “space to live everything super, sci-fi, the fantastic, and beyond.”

We’ve reached out to Netflix for comment and will let you know more if we hear back.

Couldn’t make my way through season 1 let alone gain interest in season 2.

How could they do season 1 of daredevil so well to produce shit like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

I might as well submit them my Blade and MoonKnight treatments.

Season 2 was garbage. The best episodes are the crossover ones. Give us those.

Couldn’t make my way through season 1 let alone gain interest in season 2.

How could they do season 1 of daredevil so well to produce shit like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

I might as well submit them my Blade and MoonKnight treatments.
That is my question as well. DD season 1 was damn near ground breaking for super hero shows.

JJ was ok but snuck by on David Tenant and his Purple Man performance.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist were garbage. Glad they got cancelled.

Punisher was great, looking forward to season 2. Bernthal gets the role and does it well and the writers have a decent take on it.

Luke Cage was far more interesting than Daredevil imo. Too bad no season 3. Punisher is still the best.

Back