This NFL thing has made owner of Papa John's lose his damn mind. N bombs now.

Well, I gleaned an entirely fucking different message because I'm not on my period.*
The article said, "He apparently intended for the remarks to convey his antipathy to racism," but others felt otherwise. It doesn't take a master of reading comprehension to understand this means that no matter how it sounded, it was not his intent to support these things.

The issue, then, is why did the people on the call with him react the way they did when he apparently had good intentions?

Having worked in a call centre I can tell you it's totally fucking simple. Communication face to face conveys far far more information that voice only. I'm willing to bet there would have been far less of a reaction by the people at the other end of the phone had they been there instead.
Possible, and historically I have generally trusted in the rational calm of boardrooms, but no longer surrounding this issue, or any matter of identity politics. The liberals have whipped too many people into a hysteria where they presume their feelings or politics transcend reason and law. This defense is an appeal to authority, but the corporate atmosphere has squandered moral authority on this matter, and this has been projected through "activist" businessmen and individuals.

Conservatives may need to form a watchdog for this in the same tradition as the SPLC and ADL.
I agree it's still a total over-reaction and that everyone, no matter what side of these issues you happen to be on, seems to be over-sensitive these days. You can lay this squarely at the feet of Steve Bannon, who first learned how to exploit online outrage. It progressed into the current "flip out first, ask questions later" social atmosphere we live in. The only solution I can think of is to keep making reasonable statements on the issues like in my second paragraph, above, and hope it catches on.
No, I will not lay this at the feet of Steve Bannon. He didn't do this. Bannon only gained notoriety because of #BLM and radicalization of the mainstream liberal party. They were the ones who presented people like Shaun King as moral authorities.

They were the ones who pivoted what should have been a platform about economics (because not only black people are poor), urban planning, and self-defense rights into one focused purely through the prism of race. Bannon was able to capitalize on the hysteria; a moment for which he had waited his entire life to arrive.

Lol, it's about socially acceptable behavior, not about rule of law.
By all means, you can go around dropping n-bombs if you're such a freedom fighter.
Fascism isn't a concept limited to the rule of law or government, and my fight is in defense of this man in this specific situation.

Conservatives are always gnashing their teeth over not being able to say the n word freely.

John schnatter is a grade A scum bag and embodies the worst qualities of a rich businessman.

Oh and his pizza sucks. Gross.
He said Cornel Sanders used to say the word, but he said the actual word.

It's kinda silly how nuts this is getting

This may help
C_borUTUMAA1ZQM.jpg
Well to tell you honestly it depends on the person and or the people around you.

Possible, and historically I have generally trusted in the rational calm of boardrooms, but no longer surrounding this issue, or any matter of identity politics. The liberals have whipped too many people into a hysteria where they presume their feelings or politics transcend reason and law. This defense is an appeal to authority, but the corporate atmosphere has squandered moral authority on this matter, and this has been projected through "activist" businessmen and individuals.

Conservatives may need to form a watchdog for this in the same tradition as the SPLC and ADL.

No, I will not lay this at the feet of Steve Bannon. He didn't do this. Bannon only gained notoriety because of #BLM and radicalization of the mainstream liberal party. They were the ones who presented people like Shaun King as moral authorities.

They were the ones who pivoted what should have been a platform about economics (because not only black people are poor), urban planning, and self-defense rights into one focused purely through the prism of race. Bannon was able to capitalize on the hysteria; a moment for which he had waited his entire life to arrive.
The lessons he learned, and subsequently used to great effect, were adopted by many, if not all, the most malevolent purveyors of social media platforms and content (thereby including Cambridge Anal, Breitbart, Facebook, Russian troll farms, and so on). They’ve had a gigantic impact on this whole situation. And that mtherfucker started it.

This isn’t a left thing. It’s a reaction to the insanity of the (alt) right thing.

I'm more offended by the shitty pizza he sells. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The lessons he learned, and subsequently used to great effect, were adopted by many, if not all, the most malevolent purveyors of social media platforms and content (thereby including Cambridge Anal, Breitbart, Facebook, Russian troll farms, and so on). They’ve had a gigantic impact on this whole situation. And that mtherfucker started it.

This isn’t a left thing. It’s a reaction to the insanity of the (alt) right thing.
Cambridge Analytica existed wholly independent of Bannon. He simply used social media-- via groups like them-- more effectively for Trump's campaign than Shaun King and his minions did for Hillary's.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Thanks for that, liberals.

P.S. I'm taking for granted that you're aware the Democrats also sampled their wares.

Fascism isn't a concept limited to the rule of law or government, and my fight is in defense of this man in this specific situation.
Mick fighting fascism on the karate forum:
ComposedWeirdAfricanwilddog.gif

Lol @ your delusions of grandeur

“Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,”

Blacks??? really you racist motherfucker!

Cambridge Analytica existed wholly independent of Bannon. He simply used social media-- via groups like them-- more effectively for Trump's campaign than Shaun King and his minions did for Hillary's.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Thanks for that, liberals.

P.S. I'm taking for granted that you're aware the Democrats also sampled their wares.

That last line is really my point. They shopped the methods they learned from Bannon to anybody and everybody. The important distinction is the way the alt-right and any explicit or tacit supporters of Trump latched onto them and pushed him them as hard as possible, compared to the Democrats/left/whatever else we’re conflating today who only caught on to what it could really do after it was too late. In fairness, ditto the Intelligence Community.

And you glossed over the widespread distribution of these methods beyond CA. So, point is jerk off or something and try to breathe.
Put the horns away.

By this logic, if somebody is reading Tom and Huck, and they read "n**ger jim" put loud, they have used a racial slur.

Thats not what he said.

He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash.

Hes saying he doesnt understand why hes getting in trouble for saying racial slurs and complaining because 'Colonel Sanders got away with it'.

Hes either completely out of touch or he thinks because of his position he should be able to get away with it.

Pretty easy to understand if youre objective.

This is "basically" a terrible reading, and a strawman.

Thats literally what he complained about. Read the article. He doesnt understand why hes getting backlash and Colonel Sanders didnt.

Like I said, hes probably just out of touch after living in his moated castle for so many years.

Wake me up when the PC police start going after everyone who uses the word. Race-based enforcement is racist. :eek:
This all day long. For every conversation taking place in the world today, there's a fucking snowflake ready to be offended by its content.

Silliness. Context and intent apparently don;t mean anything.

Do you also want to edit classic works of literature? Or only for whites?
Context and intent is specifically why Black people saying it to each other is not racist (obviously) , whereas non-Blacks saying it to Blacks motivated by anger is racist.

Amongst my friends we will call each other names that no one minds, but a stranger saying the same words would elicit an angry response.

Back