Zero Carb for 30 dayss...?

sen2two

Bangarang!
@Yellow
Reaction score
I plan to try out a zero carb meal plan for 30 days. The only problem I see is I do NOT like steak. Never did. Plus I do not have the time to properly prepare it even if i did. So I stick to ground meat or chicken. Mostly Elk and Venison the last few months. I see most eat huge steaks when trying this out. I guess I could supplement with some oil for the missing fat in my lean meat choices...?

Possible My plan:

First Meal of the day. 11:30am - 1lb Ground Venison with 1 tbsp MCT oil or Coconut oil added in. (800-ish Calories)

2pm - 6 hard boiled eggs (360 Calories)

*Possibly Pre-workout drink at 4pm??? (1 Carb only) (L-Leucine, Acetyl L-Carnitine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Tyrosine, Taurine, Betaine HCL, Caffeine Anhydrous [250mg], Green Tea Extract) - Plus 5g Creapure.

Last Meal of the day. 7:30pm - 1lb Ground Elk (Without draining the fat) (800-ish Calories)

-----

Second problem, I very much enjoy and feel the difference if i don't use my pre-workout drink before training. But's not really zero carb if my pre-workout has 1 gram carb because of the flavoring... How much does it really matter if I am drinking this while on the "carnivore" diet? I don't want to cheat it.

I keep a pretty high level of activity. I like endurance sports and compete/train mixed martial arts. The workouts posted are "general" routine of what I do. I modify them to add in complexity, balance, and change things up.

Normal routine for me:

Monday - 1 Mile Row machine, 100 pull Up, 200 Push ups, 300 ab wheel, 400 squats (broken up into 20 sets, no rest). 10-15 minute break. 1 Hour Kickboxing

Tuesday - 13.6 Mile Run

Wednesday - Spin Bike-30 min./ 1 hour Yoga / MURPH, BJJ (GI)

Thursday - Run 10.2 Miles

Friday - 1 Mile Row machine, 100 pull Up, 200 Push ups, 300 ab wheel, 400 squats (broken up into 20 sets, no rest). 10-15 minute break. 1 Hour Kickboxing

Saturday - Open Mat Grappling, Bike 26 Miles

Sunday - Bike 40 Miles

-----

Anyone here trying the Zero carb/Carnivore diet?

Ground lean game meats with added MCT or Coconut oil OK?

Do you supplement with salt?

Do you supplement with Magnesium?

BCAA and Caffeine OK?

And just because, Kombucha OK?

I plan to try out a zero carb meal plan for 30 days. The only problem I see is I do NOT like steak. Never did. Plus I do not have the time to properly prepare it even if i did. So I stick to ground meat or chicken. Mostly Elk and Venison the last few months. I see most eat huge steaks when trying this out. I guess I could supplement with some oil for the missing fat in my lean meat choices...?

Possible My plan:

First Meal of the day. 11:30am - 1lb Ground Venison with 1 tbsp MCT oil or Coconut oil added in. (800-ish Calories)

*Possibly Pre-workout drink at 4pm??? (1 Carb only) (L-Leucine, Acetyl L-Carnitine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Tyrosine, Taurine, Betaine HCL, Caffeine Anhydrous [250mg], Green Tea Extract) - Plus 5g Creapure.

Last Meal of the day. 7:30pm - 1lb Ground Elk (Without draining the fat) (800-ish Calories)

-----

Second problem, I very much enjoy and feel the difference if i don't use my pre-workout drink before training. But's not really zero carb if my pre-workout has 1 gram carb because of the flavoring... How much does it really matter if I am drinking this while on the "carnivore" diet? I don't want to cheat it.

I keep a pretty high level of activity. I like endurance sports and compete/train mixed martial arts. The workouts posted are "general" routine of what I do. I modify them to add in complexity, balance, and change things up.

Normal routine for me:

Monday - 1 Mile Row machine, 100 pull Up, 200 Push ups, 300 ab wheel, 400 squats (broken up into 20 sets, no rest). 10-15 minute break. 1 Hour Kickboxing

Tuesday - 13.6 Mile Run

Friday - 1 Mile Row machine, 100 pull Up, 200 Push ups, 300 ab wheel, 400 squats (broken up into 20 sets, no rest). 10-15 minute break. 1 Hour Kickboxing

Sunday - Bike 40 Miles

-----

BCAA and Caffeine OK?

Vegetables?

I took a bio class in college that focused almost entirely on cells. Here's what I remember: to function, your cells need 3 macro nutrients--carbs, protein, fats. In absence of carbs, your cells can break down protein or fat for glucose. Still, I never got the sense behind "no carbs," "low protein" or "low fat" diets. Why cut out 1/3 of what your body needs to operate? You're just making it harder on your body.

Please feel free to ignore. When you're young, you can get away with shit (to cut weight or whatever) that would kill you when you get to be my age. Currently I get all my carbs in as close to their "original" form as possible, no processed foods of any kind if I can help it.

I took a bio class in college that focused almost entirely on cells. Here's what I remember: to function, your cells need 3 macro nutrients--carbs, protein, fats. In absence of carbs, your cells can break down protein or fat for glucose. Still, I never got the sense behind "no carbs," "low protein" or "low fat" diets. Why cut out 1/3 of what your body needs to operate? You're just making it harder on your body.

Please feel free to ignore. When you're young, you can get away with shit (to cut weight or whatever) that would kill you when you get to be my age. Currently I get all my carbs in as close to their "original" form as possible, no processed foods of any kind if I can help it.

Essential fatty acids.........
Essential amino acids........

Carbohydrates are not essential, we can function without them........

Someone just listened to jordan Peterson with rogan.

To rogans point, i too have not heard 1 negative result of a zero carb diet yet..

Ive thought about it too, but alcohol is a no no. Even with alcohol, im not sure id like to live without some carbs. Now, if i was as sick as Peterson, then fuck yeah, id do it.

You need cabs to digest protein properly so trying to stick to a zero carb while eating red meat is pretty silly in itself.

Someone just listened to jordan Peterson with rogan.

To rogans point, i too have not heard 1 negative result of a zero carb diet yet..

Ive thought about it too, but alcohol is a no no. Even with alcohol, im not sure id like to live without some carbs. Now, if i was as sick as Peterson, then fuck yeah, id do it.

Well your not wrong...

But, I had been thinking about doing this for a while now. I've done Keto off and on over the years. So this is kind of a lead off back to Keto for some added challenge (and self experimentation). The Podcast was just a bump to actually try it out. I'm going to give it a good 7 days and pay very close attention to how I feel. I bought a bunch of Elk, Venison, Bison, Chicken, and Turkey last night. So, I do have variety. All pastured raised and organic. Nothing grain fed.

If after a week, I don't feel it's worth going the full 30 days, i'll be adding in greens and veggies. I'll also be doing plany of reading to find pros/cons of doing this. So far, i've only found pro's.

Possible My plan:

-----

Normal routine for me:

Tuesday - 13.6 Mile Run

Sunday - Bike 40 Miles

-----

BCAA and Caffeine OK?

I'm also on the Keto diet. You'll need to take this to replenish your electrolytes:

81DB4fGclEL._SX522_.jpg

This thing's a life saver. I don't get anymore cramps nor feel sluggish like I used to when I was keto-ing in the past. I take one capsule upon awakening and another one right before training. Stuff is pretty cheap too - it's like 16 bucks for more than a month supply.

One thing so far, since I have only been eating meat and eggs (7 days now). Surprisingly enough, I haven't had any of my chronic leg cramps I would get during grappling training. Might just be a coincidence, might not be... Also I seem to be a little more flexible right away. I normally do a lot of warming up before my workout. I still do the same amount, but i get "bendy" much quicker.

One thing so far, since I have only been eating meat and eggs (7 days now). Surprisingly enough, I haven't had any of my chronic leg cramps I would get during grappling training. Might just be a coincidence, might not be... Also I seem to be a little more flexible right away. I normally do a lot of warming up before my workout. I still do the same amount, but i get "bendy" much quicker.

1. And you continued to eat daily to lbs of meat and 6 eggs?
2. Do you shit? Serious question...
3. No brain fog, nothing fuzzy?
4. How is your breath?

BCAA and Caffeine OK?

My diet is somewhat similar. Pretty much the only sugars I get are those naturally in fruit. I intake a lot of healthy fats from eggs, fermented butter oil and skate oil, raw milk, mct, coconut oil, cooking with beef fat as well. I don't add much salt unless my body starts craving it. I also like drinking coffee in the morning and kombucha with 1 meal. This seems to help me feel good and energized. I will take a magnesium supplement along with some zinc right before bed.

You do make it up with fats in these type of diets. Classical way of dun goofing it is cutting all carbs and not substituting it. Protein is a shitty energy source compared to the others

Personally keto doesn't work for me, I have done it in camps and the results were disasterous. I function on very high carbs and have been with that since realization

You need to add veggies. You're going to end up with serious deficiencies in half a dozen micronutrients if you don't. This in turn will give you unpleasant symptoms and food cravings that will make you give up and go back to your old diet.

You need to add veggies. You're going to end up with serious deficiencies in half a dozen micronutrients if you don't. This in turn will give you unpleasant symptoms and food cravings that will make you give up and go back to your old diet.
^^

Same here. I think it had to do with reduced inflammation for me.

I'm also on the Keto diet. You'll need to take this to replenish your electrolytes:

81DB4fGclEL._SX522_.jpg

This thing's a life saver. I don't get anymore cramps nor feel sluggish like I used to when I was keto-ing in the past. I take one capsule upon awakening and another one right before training. Stuff is pretty cheap too - it's like 16 bucks for more than a month supply.
I take BCAA's for recovery and hydration. I really don't need whey protein anymore.

I love me some carbs, so is this like an atkins diet Op?
I know.Atkins diet can fuck up gour kidneys pretty bad, (ketosis or some shite"

Are people really taking diet advice/inspiration from Jordan Peterson!?!

3 weeks... Only foods I have eaten are listed below.

Ground Venison
Ground Elk
Ground Bison
Bison Ribeye Steak
Bison Top Sirloin Steak
Grass fed Ground beef
Chicken Breast
Hard boiled Eggs

*When I would eat the real lean Venison or Chicken Breast, I added in Coconut Oil or MCT Oil for the lack of natural fat in the meat.

Also, I would add a little 100% Pure Lemon juice to my water.

Feel great, no problems. One issue only. If my calories were too low that day, my cardio would suffer greatly. But strength was still there. I feel as if I need to keep my calories higher than normal, but was still able to lose body fat at the higher calories. Started at 197. I am now 189. Abs are showing again.

Fun experiment, I'll try it again as i learn more about it. Never really ate steak before. But by the end of this, that's all I wanted. I'm adding in a few foods now to transition to a "normal" style Keto.

81DB4fGclEL._SX522_.jpg

If you put 1/2 tea spoon of Himalayan salt, 1/2 tea spoon of potassium chloride (found with a salt substitute -- I use something called Windsor Salt Free) in with 1.5 liters of spring or some kind of clean mineralized water, it works just like an electrolyte drink. Dirt cheap too.

Back