The Latest: Syrian Troops Raise National Flag Over Daraa

Not quite over. Idlib is still left along with the areas controlled by the SDF/YPG. Idlib has the potential to be a real meat grinder, so we'll see how events there transpire.

Not quite over. Idlib is still left along with the areas controlled by the SDF/YPG. Idlib has the potential to be a real meat grinder, so we'll see how events there transpire.

I dont know if Assad will attack the Kurds though.

Idlib is the rebels last stronghold and Assad does'nt have to take it.

He can basically hang back and let the factions in Idlib destroy each other through infighting.

The strategy of letting the "moderate" rebels retreat to Idlib means that the population in Idlib grows putting a strain on resources.

And ensures infighting between the rebel factions there which benefits Assad.

I hope we get a funny video of Assad like we did with Gaddafi

Idlib is the rebels last stronghold and Assad does'nt have to take it.

He can basically hang back and let the factions in Idlib destroy each other through infighting.

The strategy of letting the "moderate" rebels retreat to Idlib means that the population in Idlib grows putting a strain on resources.

And ensures infighting between the rebel factions there which benefits Assad.

There's already been infighting. Eventually, he's gonna take it back. Whether his forces march into an area populated by a relatively low number of exhausted rebels sick of fighting and ready to negotiate their way home or find the area dominated by a few diehard fanatics who will attempt to make retaking Idlib as hard as possible (like ISIS in Mosul and Raqqa) remains to be seen. It's why I used "potential".

Be real interesting to see what happens with the Kurds.

There's already been infighting. Eventually, he's gonna take it back. Whether his forces march into an area populated by a relatively low number of exhausted rebels sick of fighting and ready to negotiate their way home or find the area dominated by a few diehard fanatics who will attempt to make retaking Idlib as hard as possible (like ISIS in Mosul and Raqqa) remains to be seen. It's why I used "potential".

Be real interesting to see what happens with the Kurds.

I don't think anyone is going to fuck with the Kurds.

See what happened to those Russian "mercenaries" when they tried?

I don't think anyone is going to fuck with the Kurds.

See what happened to those Russian "mercenaries" when they tried?

Kurds are probably the worst fighters in the Mid East after other low morale militaries such as Jordanians and Saudis. Without American air support they got walked so many times by ISIS rag tag. They only do best against the cities that the SAA and Russians have already cleared and they can bully the civilians. Very weak fighters and poor tactics.

Kurds are probably the worst fighters in the Mid East after other low morale militaries such as Jordanians and Saudis. Without American air support they got walked so many times by ISIS rag tag. They only do best against the cities that the SAA and Russians have already cleared and they can bully the civilians. Very weak fighters and poor tactics.

I never said the Kurds did it alone.

Back