WILDER OFFERS JOSHUA 50 MILLION

Hearn made a move to get Wilder
Finkel blocked it
He has a point about next fight but from a money standpoint Hearn gave him a sweet deal
20 mill

Wilder didnt want to be under the hearn umbrella and be televised on an app

I get that and he has every right,
The offer was very good from an outsider point of view

Now if he gets an even better one , he feels he will

I don't understand Finkel. He's complaining about Hearn sending a contract with the terms that he and Wilder agreed to.

It seems to me like there was no intention from him to negotiate the fight, but just a PR exercise to give Wilder an opportunity to accuse Joshua of ducking.
Eh pretty clear what theyre complaining about.

Its entirely possible that Hearn did this with the intention of a big pay day and quality fight against Povetkin, with further build up leading to an even bigger fight against Wilder for April, and at the same time trying to land control of Wilder’s next two fights if not his career. Hed then have 3 of the best HWs in his stable and entirely control of one of the biggest fights in boxing.

Imo, from a business aspect that would appear to be a brilliant move. Anyone disagree?

They up the offer from $12 million to $15 million. They said it would be the next fight and there would be a rematch clause. So we said we accept, send the contract. Then the contract comes and it has no date for the fight, no arena for the fight, the rematch clause says if he loses we redo the fight, if he wins he doesn't have to fight again.

"So I wrote him and asked him to clarify where and when is the fight. He never answers and then he sends back 'I'll supply you the dates' and I said you'll have to have the contract back by Friday. We wanted to make sure we didn't miss anything else."

The negotiations fell apart - when the World Boxing Association sent a letter which gave Joshua only a 24 hour period to reach an agreement with Povetkin.

Finkel believes the entire scenario was the WBA was orchestrated by Hearn.

After the WBA issued out their letter, Wilder was offered the same deal to fight Joshua on April 13 of next year at Wembley.

"We were never told 'the WBA is pressing me, you've got to give me an answer'. If you want a deal done, you do that. You say, 'hey Shelly I can't wait until Friday, I gotta have this back by Monday late or I'm going to lose the WBA [belt]. So he gets Gilberto Mendoza to send a letter that 'you got to tell us by tomorrow'. Very funny, on Sunday I send him a letter, 12 hours later there is a letter by Mendoza. Coincidence," Finkel said.

"He never said 'hey Shelly I've only got 24 hours, if you really want the fight get it to me. He never said look we can do September 22nd at Wembley, he never said you're right it should be a two-match thing but they would both have to be at Wembley. None of that. He didn't want the fight. Have a little balls and just say we are not ducking Wilder. This is what we feel is in the best interest of Joshua. Here is what we are doing. We will make an offer to fight Wilder April 13th, Wembley stadium, 2019, this is the conditions. We would have said no, here is what we want."

Hearn made a move to get Wilder
Finkel blocked it
He has a point about next fight but from a money standpoint Hearn gave him a sweet deal
20 mill

Wilder didnt want to be under the hearn umbrella and be televised on an app

I get that and he has every right,
The offer was very good from an outsider point of view

Now if he gets an even better one , he feels he will
I think Wilder is just pissed off that his next fight is not for a huge payday, for whatever the reasons.

I dont put much of any stock into either AJ/Wilder being responsible here.

Report on Skysports today with Wilder saying the fight will happen but it will have to be 50/50. Lol. Also stating that they have not received any contract. Is he full of shit??
Only Yesterday Hearn stated that the offer won't go up. Joshua stock will continue to rise if he beats Povetkin but Wilders won't against Breazealle. Hearn isn't going to drop his pants and give wilder a payday he doesn't really deserve. I don't see this fight happening

Its entirely possible that Hearn did this with the intention of a big pay day and quality fight against Povetkin, with further build up leading to an even bigger fight against Wilder for April, and at the same time trying to land control of Wilder’s next two fights if not his career. Hed then have 3 of the best HWs in his stable and entirely control of one of the biggest fights in boxing.

Imo, from a business aspect that would appear to be a brilliant move. Anyone disagree?

Not buying that from finkel, it was common knowledge that povetkin was mandatory and the wba gave their initial deadline for the start of May or they would order povetkin vs Joshua. They clearly extended it so they unification fight could be made. How did finkel miss that when it was out in the media?
That’s a bullshit excuse and a lot of nonsense

I want to see this as much as the next fight fan.

But the attitude of Wilder, literally, I'm starting to think it would be just as amusing AJ just waiting this out then moving on and not fight him and just watch Wilder's career go down the pan while AJ waits for Tyson Fury after Povetkin, I mean how does Wilder think AJ is going to break and give him 50/50 when he's earning £15 -20m a fight and he earns £2.5m??? how is that pressure for AJ?

I've never seen a fighter kick himself in the nuts over some ego driven principal as much as Wilder is, its embarrassing.

AJ cant fight everyone at once. Really not sure why that notion keeps being mentioned, as if AJ is the only possible opponent Wilder can get.

Hes the best one and biggest pay day, of course.

I agree with this. Still think Deontay is being antsy not taking it. Time will tell.

I've yet to sift through everything both camps have been saying since this fell through, but to start off, Joshua's team clearly refused to make the fight in the US after Wilder's team guaranteed $50 million (after saying that was the threshold to make the fight in the UK). Joshua's team is insisting on everyone involved making less money because they needed the fight to be made in the UK. Hearn and Joshua are completely to blame in that instance.

If Wilder's team was demanding 50/50, he's being unreasonable and should be blamed for stalling the fight for this round of negotiations (again, haven't looked through any of this to know if this is true or not). If Hearn expects everyone to make less money so they get the UK location, then he has to be willing to give up some stuff on his end. Hopefully it will (or has) come out exactly what was offered to Wilder's team. I will say the WBA's deadline seems a bit bizarre, as well, but again, I'll have to have a look at it.

No they are not to blame in that incidence, you think coming up with 50 million immediately gives you the right to dictate negotiations against a guy who holds all the belts and draws 10x more than you? They leeched on to a single off the cuff comment from AJ in an interview, that comment didn't state any terms, it wasn't agreed with his promoter, it was a point to show that fight wasn't a 100m fight. AJ was well within his rights to wave that offer away and say no thanks. He owes NOTHING to Wilder, AJ is the one who has put in the work to get where he is, he's the one who brings the money and the belts. He wasn't going to be held to ransom by a comment he gave in an interview. That whole 50m offer was a complete distraction, they didn't even send terms over ffs.

Again, Hearn doesn't have to give up anything. Wilder earns 2m dollars a fight. The offer is either good enough for him or it isn't. He said it was, then turned around and rejected it because of an apparent lack of rematch clause. The hilarious part being the fact he thinks he's in a position to dictate a rematch clause.

It's very much tough shit for Wilder who doesn't seem to have a realistic grasp on his ego. If he'd have fought Wlad when he was offered it, he'd have been the king, AJ would have had to bend to him. Instead he wasn't willing to take that risk, AJ took it after 20 fights. That's what people are forgetting here, Wilder wasn't willing to put in the work to make himself a draw, or the main belt holder, he didn't want to take those risks.

He's now asking for 50-50, you don't need to look into this, it's a fact.

He’s been saying this for a while now. I just can’t see hearn dropping his pants and giving him a bigger slice
It wont even sniff 50/50, but what is say 5 million more to Wilder in the grand scheme of things for AJ and Hearn? Its nothing. What this fight offers far outweighs what it will take to get it done.

The earnings, the prestige of a champion having all of the belts, and then the earnings of the rematch as well.

Both sides know they have time to play hardball and still get this done for April. Hell its probably been the plan from both sides all along and theyve got us doing the puppet dance licking our chops to see it.

No they are not to blame in that incidence, you think coming up with 50 million immediately gives you the right to dictate negotiations against a guy who holds all the belts and draws 10x more than you? They leeched on to a single off the cuff comment from AJ in an interview, that comment didn't state any terms, it wasn't agreed with his promoter, it was a point to show that fight wasn't a 100m fight. AJ was well within his rights to wave that offer away and say no thanks. He owes NOTHING to Wilder, AJ is the one who has put in the work to get where he is, he's the one who brings the money and the belts. He wasn't going to be held to ransom by a comment he gave in an interview. That whole 50m offer was a complete distraction, they didn't even send terms over ffs.

Again, Hearn doesn't have to give up anything. Wilder earns 2m dollars a fight. The offer is either good enough for him or it isn't. He said it was, then turned around and rejected it because of an apparent lack of rematch clause. The hilarious part being the fact he thinks he's in a position to dictate a rematch clause.

It's very much tough shit for Wilder who doesn't seem to have a realistic grasp on his ego. If he'd have fought Wlad when he was offered it, he'd have been the king, AJ would have had to bend to him. Instead he wasn't willing to take that risk, AJ took it after 20 fights. That's what people are forgetting here, Wilder wasn't willing to put in the work to make himself a draw, or the main belt holder, he didn't want to take those risks.

He's now asking for 50-50, you don't need to look into this, it's a fact.

So you're dismissing Joshua's claiming that he'd immediately take the fight if his $50 million could be guaranteed, but treating Wilder's obviously emotional claim that he deserves 50/50 after negotiations fell through as the official negotiational position of Wilder's entire team? That doesn't seem consistent. Wilder's team was prepared to offer Joshua more money than he'd make otherwise (the fight obviously makes the most money in the States), and Joshua's team turned down a higher payday for everyone involved in order to insist that the fight takes place in the UK. That's fine, but if Joshua's team is going to insist that they dictate everything in the fight negotiation, they do have to be willing to give some leeway.

Wilder obviously doesn't deserve 50/50, but if the outlook of Joshua's side is that Wilder's team need to just roll over and take anything that they can get, then Joshua's side deserves the lionshare of the blame for the fight not happening.

Back