Do you think Paulo Costa can get over Israel's height and reach?

You are delusional if you don't think Adesanya would work Costa. Adesanya has the technique that most mma strikers lack.

These two shouldnt be fighting yet because they are both the future of the division.

I think Adesanya beats him quite handily. MMA has come a long way since the swinging for the fences style that Borrachina has.

What I will say though is thank god that we have these two prospects in the ufc now to save the middlewight division

i'm thinking Israel via teh jab.

I'm not in the adesanya bandwagon tho, he's definitely good but his wins have been lackluster thus far. He's a decision fighter.

I got Israel winning.

Costa has looked good but hasn't fought anyone good. Uriah Hall has the tendency to back up to the fence and cover instead of circling and doesn't work angles well. Watching Costa fight, it looks like he tends to swarm and overpower his opponents. Maybe it's because he's so physically superior to them but I don't see little nuances in his striking like setting up strikes, cutting angles, etc. Israel on the other hand does all of this. (check out the article on his striking on the main page)

Israel's striking is better and I don't see Costa having the 1 punch KO power to beat him. I feel Costa is like a better version of prime Chris Leben.

I mean the guy has a 72inch reach for a 6foot1 frame... Same stats as Jacare..

When on the outside he throws very heavy kicks to the body usually and sometimes some nice headkicks... But when he gets inside and gets you to the fence... The guy is lightening fast with powerful bombs.. Although they arent like ONE PUNCH knockout power.. The other guy is covering up though so yeah..

He had Hall against the fence and he just UNLOADED.. Rogan was like amazed, "MAN this guy can CRACK!"

I know he beat Hall who had a huge reach advantage but Hall was the same height as him..

Thoughts on Costa vs Israel? can he overcome the height difference as well as the reach difference?

He was getting lit up with those jabs... And he doesn't really block straights good.. He just puts his forearms in front of his face but doesn't do the Rampage Jackson Elbow deflection thing.. He just keeps his forearms together and the Straights go through...

Thoughts?

I got Israel winning.

Costa has looked good but hasn't fought anyone good. Uriah Hall has the tendency to back up to the fence and cover instead of circling and doesn't work angles well. Watching Costa fight, it looks like he tends to swarm and overpower his opponents. Maybe it's because he's so physically superior to them but I don't see little nuances in his striking like setting up strikes, cutting angles, etc. Israel on the other hand does all of this. (check out the article on his striking on the main page)

Israel's striking is better and I don't see Costa having the 1 punch KO power to beat him. I feel Costa is like a better version of prime Chris Leben.

Nice read.

You guys still think Adesanya steamrolls Costa after seeing him fight Kelvin?

Israel struggled against a bloated WW who had a 9 inch reach disadvantage.

Costa destroys him with relentless pressure.

Costa under relentless pressure from USADA

<{chips}>

Kelvin was dominating everybody now he is a bloated WW lol. He finished Jacare with strikes and Bisping oh and made Tim retire.

Kelvin was dominating everybody now he is a bloated WW lol. He finished Jacare with strikes and Bisping oh and made Tim retire.
When did he finish Jacare lol? I thought he lost that fight. Try again

izzy just beat the best gastelum we have seen to date. both of them paid a price though. give em both some extended time off. costa still has some more proving to do imo.

costa will literally send izzy to the grave... izzy has the technical skills, but the discrepancy isnt big enough if theres such thing to avoid costas power. This isnt kick boxing, costa after getting who ever is his next opponet will get the TS and get that belt.

Posts like the ones in this thread are hilarious considering all of the talk about Adesanya being a hypejob.

Costa hasn't beaten anybody in the top 10 or showed anything in his fights to indicate that he can hang with the elite talent in the division.

He literally had to foul Hall to get by his jab.

Bloated MW Hendricks landed on Costa at will. Dude would get smoked by Kelvin.

Bloated MW Hendricks landed on Costa at will. Dude would get smoked by Kelvin.
What? He landed a couple head strikes and a few pitter patter leg kicks. Costa walked him down and took him out a minute into rd2.

Back