Opinion What does a real hero look like?

It's a sad World we live in when having a good heart is a sign of weakness.

20140113__0114sully1.jpg

Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger

I dont know if local heroes count, since the guy is well known in my state.

heroe-mexicano-jesus-garcia-corona.jpg

Jesús García Corona (13 November 1881 – 7 November 1907) was a Mexican railroad brakeman who died while preventing a train loaded with dynamite from exploding near Nacozari, Sonora, in 1907.
A hero is a hero, the world does not end in America.

Last edited:
yup, kevin vickers

also famous for subduing a fenian taig twat protesting british troop graves whilst serving as canadian ambassador to ireland

II%20TG%20GRANGEGOR_2.jpg
Hey man, no doubt the word twat is applicable to the ambassador for protesting the graves of soldiers, but I’d really appreciate it if you’d edit out the word “taig” just because it has some pretty derogatory racial connotations. No doubt fenian and twat are applicable, I’d just appreciate it if you’d edit that particular one out please.

Loukanikos (sausage) the riot dog from Greece standing side by side with his fellow protestors. I don't agree with Loukanikos politics but i respect him for standing up to injustice! This dog was always in the heart of every protest in Athens and has probably seen more shit than 90% of us.
maxresdefault.jpg

Loukanikos2.jpg

loukanikos_06.jpg

riotdog.jpg

@nac386 btw great idea for a thread brethren.

Last edited:
A good and refreshing topic!

There are many heroes that go unnoticed and I agree that the perpetrators in general receive all the air time. A little on the more humorous side, an Australian TV team visited a suburb in Sweden and some protestors attacked them. Now, this unsung and humble hero surfaced and went pedal to the metal to save the day:

<- He appears in shining armor (permobile) at around 16 secs into the clip

rinkeby.jpg

'Protestors.' That's probably not the word I'd use to describe them...

yup, Pádraig Anraí Mac Piarais
famous for standing up to oppressive prod hun twat british troops putting them in graves whilst serving as a barrister in Ireland. (I'm being devil 's advocate here, this is a stupid place to make these kinds of political statements, especially using retarded bigoted language)

Each time there is some type of terror attack or mass shooting, there are normal people who become heroes and save lives. Sometimes they get a lot of attention, sometimes they don't. But they never seem to get the amount of attention that the murderers get. So this thread is dedicated to those heroes.

Spencer Stone, Alek Skarlatos, and Anthony Sadler thwarted a terror attack on a train.

Anthony Borges, the 15 year old who shielded some of his classmates and took several gunshots in Parkland High School.
anthony2.png

Peter Wang, killed in Parkland High School while holding the door for others to escape.
21JROTC1-SUB-master768.jpg

Steve Willeford and Jonnie Langendorf, the two guys who chased down the Texas Church shooter.
Texas-Heroes_REPUB_840x480.jpg

James Shaw, the guy who tackled the Wafflehouse Shooter.
f-waffleman-a-20180424-870x638.jpg

Anymore? Add them here.
Such a great thread. The Paris migrant spiderman immediately comes to mind.

15 year old Pakistani school boy Aitzaa Hassan , upon seeing a suspected suicide bomber about to enter his school , grabbed and embraced the bomber, who detonated the bomb killing both.

His actions saved the lives of countless children at the school. The area he is from is heavily populated with Shia ; there have been many attacks against Shia , in Pakistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aitzaz_Hasan

Aitzaz.jpg

Tony K. Burris.

Medal of Honor recipient from the Korean War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_K._Burris

My grandfather served with him, survived the war, and went on to have two children, five grand children, and as of now has five great grandchildren.

He is in the final stages of a terminal condition and will pass away very soon.

A lot of great men never left Korea, and a lot of great men who made it back are going on to the next life fast. .

May we always remember the heroes of the "Forgotten War" and the sacrifice they made to protect the free and prosperous South Korea.

Salute.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lew_Jenkins

Homeless man saves hostage while the policemen screwed everything up

That's so bad. Looked like the cops killed the homeless guy too but the guy did shoot and still have the gun. At least the hostage was safe.

That's so bad. Looked like the cops killed the homeless guy too but the guy did shoot and still have the gun. At least the hostage was safe.
It's hard to say. That's a difference between the movies and real life, sometimes you don't even know who shot who.

Back