Which Fallout game was better? New Vegas or 4?

???????

• Total voters
I love how my buddy described helping the Brotherhood in F4

He'd spent every last playthrough in previous Fallouts hunting and killing the Brotherhood from a Robin Hood style angle, so when it came time to work with them in F4 he was pissed

he was like
step 1: pretend to do Liberty Prime stuff
step 2: kill a random non-essential staffer in their sleep
step 3: buy up all the Vertibird Grenades
4: fly away until you need Vertibird Grenades, repeat step 1

Speaking of Fallout 4, is the season pass worth it? I liked the DLC for FO3 and NV but want to know if FO4’s dlc is any good or not. I’m on PS4 and the season pass is really expensive, like $66 CND and I’ve only ever seen it on sale for like $44 but never any lower than that. I like story based content so should I forgo the pass and just by one dlc only, like Far Harbor?
The DLC adds a ton of content. I like FO4 but I seem to be something of a minority. Nuka World is huge but Far Harbor was better.

FO3 was/is great but there is a serious flaw in character development once you realize that intelligence gives you skill points.

NV is great from what I can tell. I've spent many hours playing NV but was never able to finish because of game breaking bugs. I legit have had every playthrough ruined by game breaking bugs. I won't even start another playthrough because I know it will end in disappointment.

FO4 well, I hated it at first. Then I modded the fuck out of it and now its a fucking blast to play. Exploration and gameplay are extremely satisfying and the world looks amazing.

NV gets my vote. I think that I no shit played that game for nearly a year before moving on. I tried all of the different endings, loved the gambling, etc.

Boone’s story alone as a companion was awesome.

The DLC adds a ton of content. I like FO4 but I seem to be something of a minority. Nuka World is huge but Far Harbor was better.

IMG_20170109_0002.jpg

how dare you sir I'll have you know the ending of Nuka World tickled my every fancy

Far Harbors ending was like my third marriage; erotic, innovative and smelling of mothballs

I finally started playing this game. I so far like the changes for the most part. Played a lot of FO3, but barely any New Vegas. The graphics in New Vegas were really an eyesore...

FO3 was/is great but there is a serious flaw in character development once you realize that intelligence gives you skill points.

NV is great from what I can tell. I've spent many hours playing NV but was never able to finish because of game breaking bugs. I legit have had every playthrough ruined by game breaking bugs. I won't even start another playthrough because I know it will end in disappointment.

FO4 well, I hated it at first. Then I modded the fuck out of it and now its a fucking blast to play. Exploration and gameplay are extremely satisfying and the world looks amazing.
I've had multiple playthroughs on PS3 for NV and never had anything more than some freezes and a slowdown, and that's supposed to be the worst version of the game.

Have to say I was really disappointed back when I first got it, because it just wasn't what I expected. Started a new game a few days ago, and it's pretty good. I'm really enjoying it now that I came back to it with no expectations.

<{titihmm}>

IMG_20170109_0002.jpg

how dare you sir I'll have you know the ending of Nuka World tickled my every fancy

Far Harbors ending was like my third marriage; erotic, innovative and smelling of mothballs
You can end Far Harbor a few ways. I always nuke the children of atom.

hey what mods ya running? looking to fix up my fo4 experience but no clue where to start.

hey what mods ya running? looking to fix up my fo4 experience but no clue where to start.
Strange I was literally clicking on this thread when you quoted me. Gotta sign up on the nexus website so you can download mods and download the nexus mod manager and LOOT cause it will make it much easier. I started with this guy's mod list for the visual overhaul.
LINK
I didn't use the entire list though. I know I scrapped the last mod (reloaded). I choose the summer version of Seasons. After making sure it was stable I added stuff like CBB, a couple weapons and Start Me Up and whatever else felt right. It is very fun to play for me right now.

NV > 2 > 1 > 3. That last two are close and if you asked me tomorrow, I may put 3 over 1. What does everyone think about Fallout Tactics?
I tried Tactics before playing the two original games and couldn't get into it. Maybe I could give it another shot, I dont know if it gets good.

I tried Tactics before playing the two original games and couldn't get into it. Maybe I could give it another shot, I dont know if it gets good.
I really liked tactics as a standalone tactical squad game a la xcom. As a fallout-style RPG it's garbage.

Never played New Vegas, and that's over how much of a mess I found FO3. Oblivion clone in many ways/ and not in good reason, straight-up clunky mechanics, and ugly world couldn't show its colors; that's apparently a good karma system and questline-up.

Never finished the main questline, killed all the Behemoths while exploring the gameplay. Ran into some tunnels that all looked the same, and that's my experience with FO3. If someone found it great? I would like to know how long it took to find that magic. For me it was one of the worse games I've seen Bethesda shove out.
best-fallout-games

Fallout 4 made some really bad choices as an RPG, but from both a world and mechanical perspective, is much better than FO3. Again, can't speak for NV.

Last edited:
Never played New Vegas, and that's over how much of a mess I found FO3. Oblivion clone in many ways/ and not in good reason, straight-up clunky mechanics, and ugly world couldn't show its colors; that's apparently a good karma system and questline-up.

Never finished the main questline, killed all the Behemoths while exploring the gameplay. Ran into some tunnels that all looked the same, and that's my experience with FO3. If someone found it great? I would like to know how long it took to find that magic. For me it was one of the worse games I've seen Bethesda shove out.

Fallout 4 made some really bad choices as an RPG, but from both a world and mechanical perspective, is much better than FO3. Again, can't speak for NV.

...so you joined a mma site, then went to a vidya subforum and searched for a fallout thread to necrobump?

<{MindBrown}>

Since this necro is here.....

New vegas easily i still play it sometimes, best fall out.

followed by 3

Back