How it feels to be a Croatian today

I stopped watching because I just couldn't take it anymore. But... rooting for Croatia from afar, and without watching. Cool story for them.

Be cool if they won. Be nice to have a new team win for once ... only 8 countries have ever won would be cool to see a new one

While the big players like Italy and Netherlands weren't even qualified for the tournament....

Sucks for the Dutch and Italy, but 221 countries, someone has to sit one out...

in Kabul at our base, we had like 20-25 Croats stationed right next to us
they used to stream satellite soccer somehow on a projecter onto the showers/bathroom wall outside, and I've never seen such diehard, crazy fans of any sport....

And I lived in Germany at the time, so it wasn't like I only had American apathy to soccer to compare it to

Good guys

I've been cheering for them since the knock out stage for this reason alone. Have triggered many people, as we have a few friends from England.

Most people in England are happy with the result. Previous years we've had teams full of superstars like Beckham and Rooney and they've been completely shit. This time we entered lesser known players and they did the best we've done since 1990.

Working in NYC, a tournament like this brings all nations together to watch games, get drunk, sing songs, it’s fun af. And no matter what the nation, NYC has them in numbers so for Local Croatians, this is amazing.

Not going to lie, I’m still pretty gutted, but all the credit to Croatia, not sure there was a lot in it, but they were the better side and they handled the occasion better-and anyone who doesn’t love watching Modric play shouldn’t be watching football.

I’ll be rooting for Croatia on Sunday, and not just because it will mean we can make bullshit claims about only losing to the eventual winners...

Wish England won. France vs England just has more hype for me at least

images

This is how it feels the other 364 days

So Slav.

I was actually gonna start a thread about how Asians must have different knees. I can't crouch like that

I feel fucking great right now. WC finals here we come baby!

Back