Your Favourite Low Kickers in MMA

I think the main issue is MMA fighters kinda suck at throwing low kicks; they don't throw them with good form and the setups & timing is lacking. This makes it much easier than it should be to defend & counter low kicks, which in turn makes fighters & coaches hesitant to use them. Most MMA fighters telegraph their kicks from a mile away and just stand there when their kicks get caught and run through for a takedown. They don't know how to limp leg out to get the leg free, frame off to block takedown entries, or step forward to engage a clinch on their own terms, they don't put up much of a fight before getting planted on the mat.

Fighters who know how to setup their low kicks properly can pretty much use them at will. Joanna Jedrzejczyk for instance fought all the best wrestlers & grapplers in her division, landed tons of low kicks against them and never got taken down off a low kick.

Cool thing is as well that in her thai boxing career she was more of a sloppy middle kicker - I like how she adapted her game

I was actually very inpressed with pettis last weekend. It was only two lowkicks. But they was very deep and heavy. And Technical clean.

I was actually very inpressed with pettis last weekend. It was only two lowkicks. But they was very deep and heavy. And Technical clean.

His whole performance was impressive. He hasn't been that good for a while. Submitting Chiesa is no easy task and he made a statement by doing so.

Back